Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 12th August 2006, 02:49 AM
Bunnycomb

Maybe Rare was tricking us.

First of all, ever take note of the board in GBTG, which says
"Homework:
1. Get the key
2. Get the four eggs
3. Unlock secert level" thing? I have a possible SNS theory which may seem a bit dumb, but heck I'll explain.

----
What if Rareware fooled us and Nintendo. What if they just used the name "Stop N' Swop" to think that this mystery would involve hot-swapping? What if SNS didn't envolved hot-swapping at all and focused on unlocking things only for BK itself?

After looking at that GBTG board, it made me think of this possiblity. There are no hints of possible hot-swapping on it at all. So maybe after Nintendo could have refused the hot-swapping idea, Rareware could have gotten the idea the idea to fool us all, the name "Stop N' Swop" would be more mysterious then ever.

That or your doing a non-hotswapping Swap thing in BK, where BK trades his eggs for the others in-game. For all we know, we might just have to somehow get the key, do another event which would allow us to use the key to unlock Gobi's door, get the egg there progress on and get another egg and leave the other in it's place.

-----------
And there is my theory...... I didn't explained it very well.

....HYLIAN!!!!!

Old 12th August 2006, 07:36 AM
Glowbo

Could be, big guy. If your a girl i apoligize.

Look, they may be so, but i'm sure if it was it was taken out. I may be a member of SFS, but i don't think i believe that its possible to do what they're intended, i just want to know what could of been, but if it is real, then heck yeah!

Old 12th August 2006, 09:30 AM
Glowbo

Didnt rare have a patent for hotswaping or something though?

Old 12th August 2006, 11:55 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Hot swapping has been completed successfully by other companies in the past. Such as the Sega Genesis for instance. A game called Strider and some other game was able to be hotswapped with each other.

Old 12th August 2006, 03:37 PM
Dingpot

Location: NYC, on top of the Empire State Building with a grenade launcher.
hmmmm, that is a good theory...
Maybe Stop n Swop might have a higher signifigance...

Old 12th August 2006, 03:41 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
That Strider dealy sounds more like a glitch to me, similar to how if you open the lid of the GCN when playing Wave Race: Blue Storm it...keeps on letting you play. XD

Old 12th August 2006, 05:04 PM
Dingpot

i think that all 6 eggs are real why else would they put 6 in there? stop n' swop wasn't originally so secret that they would do that. there were just four eggs drawn on it. it doesn't say collect 4 eggs, it says collect THE eggs.

Old 12th August 2006, 05:08 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by supuhchris
i think that all 6 eggs are real why else would they put 6 in there? stop n' swop wasn't originally so secret that they would do that. there were just four eggs drawn on it. it doesn't say collect 4 eggs, it says collect THE eggs.
You didn't even read my post. Did you, I said that you would still need to collect the eggs. But Banjo would swap them in the game.

Like if he has the blue egg and came to the purple egg, he would take the purple egg and leave the blue egg in it's place. That is what I meant that the name "Stop n' Swop" could have more meaning then it seems.

Old 12th August 2006, 05:43 PM
Clanker

Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakey Wake
That Strider dealy sounds more like a glitch to me, similar to how if you open the lid of the GCN when playing Wave Race: Blue Storm it...keeps on letting you play. XD
You can do it with a lot of games. Animal Crossing is another. But if you're going to save or do anything outside of your town, you'll need the disc in.

Old 12th August 2006, 11:23 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
You're misunderstanding. You literally had to hotswap the games. The process worked like this: You would Strider out of the console with the power still on and then place the other game into the console afterward. Then just press the reset button. Unlockables would then appear in the other game.

Old 12th August 2006, 11:43 PM
Bunnycomb

I am not misunderstanding. I know Rareware could have intended it for hot-swapping.

But just maybe they tricked us thinking that we are supposed to hot-swap.

But remember, this is just a theory.

Old 12th August 2006, 11:58 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian1
You're misunderstanding. You literally had to hotswap the games. The process worked like this: You would Strider out of the console with the power still on and then place the other game into the console afterward. Then just press the reset button. Unlockables would then appear in the other game.
Which game? Because I'm skeptical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Note
You can do it with a lot of games. Animal Crossing is another. But if you're going to save or do anything outside of your town, you'll need the disc in.
I know, Blue Storm was just the first that came to mind.

Old 13th August 2006, 12:14 AM
Most Underappreciated Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award 
The whole Gamecube "Disc-Open-But-I-Can-Still-Play-OMFG" is only due to that a certain part of the game is loaded into the GCN's memory. In Luigi's Mansion, the GCN only loads one room at a time; when going else where, it requires the disc to load the next. The entire AC game is loaded into the memory probably due to that it was once a N64 game.
/offtopic

Wasn't there a topic of how Nintendo didn't want this hot-swapping thing to occur because it could cause giltches in another? You know, the one with the Rambus (?) company remaking a part of the N64 to stop it from doing it.