Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 22nd August 2006, 08:07 PM
Jinjo

sns on emulater

is there any way to do the whole cartrage-switching thing with an emulator (im using 1964, pj64 doesnt work on my cpu)? if you can play "fungus forest", i want to try!

p.s.- is there just a code to play "fungus forest", so even if u cant do it with the emulater, i can still play the level?

Old 22nd August 2006, 08:09 PM
Dingpot

Location: NYC, on top of the Empire State Building with a grenade launcher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicRat12
p.s.- is there just a code to play "fungus forest", so even if u cant do it with the emulater, i can still play the level?
I acctually heard this in another forum, if not this one...forget how though..sorry.

Old 22nd August 2006, 08:12 PM
Jinjo

darn

still, do u know if switching the game would work on an emulater?

Old 22nd August 2006, 08:13 PM
Brash Breegull

I don't think there's a way to imitate hot-swapping with an emulator. The emulator doesn't have the N64 hardware to store any data needed for the hot-swapping.
As of yet, no proof that Fungus Forest exists in the game (or ever did ...?) has been found as far as I know. There are several odd FREEZE digits in warp modifiers for the game which may have led to an extra level, but as far as I know, no one's gotten them to do anything useful. I don't know much about the subject of the game's secret levels, though, so ... yeah.

P_L for Registered User

Old 22nd August 2006, 08:19 PM
Jinjo

i was to lazy b4 to notice (i jsut looked at the section of the forum)
thing i red-
1 Attachment(s) Sticky Thread Sticky: Stop N' Swop - The Method

nexed thred- README: This Method Is An April Fool Prank, Not Real!

this site overdoes april fools day, i think about 50 time's it's made me want to rip my hair out!

Old 22nd August 2006, 09:25 PM
Brash Breegull

Their April Fools' gag had me for about five minutes ... then I saw the thread saying it was fake.
Trust me, though, it's not as bad as what some sites do, though I won't name any in particular that really *cough* overdo it *hack* ...

P_L for Registered User

Old 22nd August 2006, 09:55 PM
Jinjo

when did *cough* and *hack* overdo april fools day?

Old 22nd August 2006, 09:57 PM
Brash Breegull

Well, this year they both claimed to charge money to download songs from them ... it actually made several of the more active members leave ...

P_L for Registered User

Old 22nd August 2006, 09:59 PM
Jinjo

what they did effected more people. this effects b-k fans 10-fold

Old 22nd August 2006, 11:41 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I don't think anything we could ever do on one single April Fools day can possibly top the absolute joke that is every damn day in this particular forum

Then again, I've become incredibly cynical.

You have to remember the N64 emulators aren't actual N64's. They just map the hardware an N64 ROM thinks it's using to whatever hardware you actually have in your computer.

So any special tricks or glitches a real N64 can do is inherent only with the original hardware... and in the case of hotswapping, that was changed in all N64's produced after 1999, so there's a good chance you wouldn't even be able to do it with a real N64.

Old 23rd August 2006, 12:05 AM
Jinjo

While playing a game load the savestate from a different ROM.

Old 23rd August 2006, 12:08 AM
Brash Breegull

Wouldn't that just crash the emulator? As far as I know, save states will only load if the actual ROM they're from is currently running ...

P_L for Registered User

Old 23rd August 2006, 01:06 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_L
I don't think there's a way to imitate hot-swapping with an emulator. The emulator doesn't have the N64 hardware to store any data needed for the hot-swapping.
As of yet, no proof that Fungus Forest exists in the game (or ever did ...?) has been found as far as I know. There are several odd FREEZE digits in warp modifiers for the game which may have led to an extra level, but as far as I know, no one's gotten them to do anything useful. I don't know much about the subject of the game's secret levels, though, so ... yeah.
actually there is proof that it (atleast at one point) existed in the game. they found a track called "advent" that's almost the excact same song that was used in fungi forest in DK64. but anyways, if you ever find how to stop n swop, make sure you don't post it in april, people might not believe it for obvious reasons.

Old 23rd August 2006, 01:32 AM
Brash Breegull

The Advent track's original use is entirely unknown, so I don't think it can be considered "proof" of anything. It may sound similar to DK64, but so do a lot of other songs in B-K/B-T. The file select theme in B-T is strikingly similar in style to FF in DK64 and Advent in B-K, but that doesn't mean anything. Not to mention that Advent had only a 1-minute or so loop as opposed to the 2+ minute loop of most of the level BGMs, which could hint that it was only meant as the theme for an off-to-the-side room somewhere.

P_L for Registered User