Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 24th August 2006, 11:12 PM
Glowbo

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
Arrow Serious SnS Discussion

Before I start, let me say that I HAVE tried to catch myself up on previous discussions of SnS. If I repeat past theory, then I do. It's going to happen. I've seen longstanding members throwing fits over "newbs" spouting old theories. Yes, they could have looked at the FAQ, etc. However, there's a LOT of stuff to read over and I think we all know how excited we were when we had an epiphany about a possible way to make SnS work. Newbs happen. They can also become longstanding, productive members and I think it is unfair to jump all over them for being new. We all were at one time, so just breathe. lol Anyways . . .

I think it's time for a serious SnS discussion. I want to see this thread become a place to espouse solid, REAL theories. If you give a theory, back it up with something. Explain why it may work, what led you to the conclusions you made, etc. This will hopefully help to keep this thread clear of "OMFG I FOUNDZ D PRECIOUSSSSSSS OMFGWTF!!!!ELEVENTY-ONE!!" type of posts.

Now for my thoughts:

I think we may be over-complicating things. Is it not possible that to "swop", all you were supposed to do is highlight an item in SnS and then swap cartridges? A special area to do the swapping does not seem nescessary in my eyes. I've read that someone attempted hot-swapping, which to my understanding means pulling out the cartridge while the machine is on. This is very bad. It can corrupt the cartridge and will most-definately freeze the game up. Cold swapping makes more sense.

We all should know about the whole "retaining memory for thirty seconds" thing by now. My proposal is to bring up the SnS menu, select an item, then turn off the system. Quickly turn off the system, switch carts and then turn the system back on.

Nothing may happen. However, it would be one less possibility. If nothing happens, it could mean one of two things: That's the right thing to do, but Rare didn't program Tooie to accept what's on the memory chip, or it is completely wrong.

I now leave you to beat the crap out of the new guy. I've said my piece and I leave it to you to make of it what you will. Good luck, and all that.

Cryptek

Old 24th August 2006, 11:17 PM
Brash Breegull

this is indeed an interesting and logical idea. Except ...

... the only buttons/controller parts that do anything on the Stop 'n Swop screen are the B button (go back), control stick (select totals screen to view), and Start (Un-Pause). Therefore, there isn't any way to select an item. If you know of a way to interact with the SnS items screen, though, please do feel free to explain.

P_L for Registered User

Old 25th August 2006, 12:14 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Also, the thirty second thing was removed and reduced to a more ridiculous two or so seconds. I believe it was the addition of the expansion pack that trimmed the original number, but I could be wrong.

Additional Note: It's common courtesy to read the rules of a place before you go in it. I can understand them not searching for a similar topic, but really... they could at least read the Banjo FAQ. It's completely ignorant to just jump into a new topic without doing so.

Old 25th August 2006, 01:09 AM
Dingpot

Location: NYC, on top of the Empire State Building with a grenade launcher.
I have eventually been lead to beleive that stop N Swop is a abandon feature in BK and was eventually exploited in BT with the 3 eggs and the ice key. They accidentally left SNS in BK as a mistake, i guess...

Old 25th August 2006, 01:28 AM
Brash Breegull

Random Award 
I just hope they anwser our questions about SNS so we can shutup. I hate wondering about it and reading fake ways to unlock it.

Old 25th August 2006, 07:25 AM
Glowbo

I have 2 theory's

The first is that there are 2 fake eggs, you've probably already heard of this... but I beleve this is true.

But I think that if you get a fake egg you cant get Stop 'n' Swop, and it goes onto all 3 save files and cant be deleated, even with gameshark

My second theiry is that behind one of the doors in the transfiguration room there is a secret room where you activate Stop 'n' Swop

I know that there is really nothing there (ive used gameshark and tested it myself), but mabye somewere in the games programing there is a duplicate of that section on the lair which is exactly the same, but the door is open and you can go through to a secret room. But no-one has found how to get to the duplicate room yet.

Anyway thats my theory

Old 25th August 2006, 09:27 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I will back to discussion about SNS after certain game released...
V... P.....

Last edited by BanjoPL; 25th August 2006 at 09:37 AM.

Old 25th August 2006, 12:33 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptek
I want to see this thread become a place to espouse solid, REAL theories. If you give a theory, back it up with something.
No theory is solid or real. They all have holes and problems, thats why they are theories.

Old 25th August 2006, 01:15 PM
Brash Breegull

Random Award 
I wish it was something so simple like beating it in all three files with 100% and then from there you have to do stuff to unlock SNS.

Old 25th August 2006, 01:45 PM
Brash Breegull

this doesn't sound very serious to me just more speculation , thats all there is to talk about i guess endless theories and idea's that amount to nothing. I'm not talking to an individual just the whole idea of a serious SNS thread. If this is serious RWP is doomed. Anyway the SNS hacking team is a bit more serious don't you think? At least their doing something , their actively searching the game not just posting theories and idea's that in the end , are empty and pointless. Just a thought to ponder before you toss out so called serious theories and idea's on the banjo discussion board. Well I hope no one is offended by my remarks , But it is a view held by many people on this forum , thank you.

Old 25th August 2006, 05:54 PM
Brash Breegull

Random Award 
These days I don't even care about unlocking it, just want to know what it was and what it did. And playing my favorite level in Dk64, Fungi/Fungus Forest.

Old 25th August 2006, 11:03 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakazam9891
I don't think that two eggs are fake, honestly. It was never said, anywhere, that two eggs are phonies,
Oh well =(
Mabye you should check here

http://forums.rarewitchproject.com/s...4&postcount=51

Old 25th August 2006, 11:10 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
you do know that interview is fake right?

Old 25th August 2006, 11:13 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByroDaMan
And maybe you should have read the 2 post after that. http://forums.rarewitchproject.com/s...7&postcount=53

Old 25th August 2006, 11:24 PM
Glowbo

Anyway who cares about that the point im saying is there could be two fake eggs

And no-one has evidence to prove its wrong