Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 23rd February 2007, 10:51 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
...I don't see how a seventh SNS egg could mean the rebirth of SNS. And I'm sure I'm not just being negative.

It's a very interesting find, at any rate. I'm really curious if there's other possible eggs or beta things located in the freeze image values.

Old 23rd February 2007, 10:53 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
A purple egg... cool.

If it wasn't for the Pink and Cyan eggs, I'd suspect there to be an orange egg which would have the colors of the rainbow (except Indigo) and would cause 50 people to make stupid theories. Doesn't Mumbo cause rain to happen in Cloud Cuckooland which makes a rainbow bridge show up, or have I just not played the game for several years?

Do you know if you're able to make the egg show up other places, or just there?

Also, I don't fully understand the image changing thing, but if the UFO thing in GGM was changed to the egg, would it still act like the UFO and thus go into Witchyworld, and if so, would it go back to the UFO? I'm (almost) sure you could try this with anything that works fine but I don't know because I know nothing of hacking and all that. But if it worked, you'd be able to see the egg in a lighter setting I think. But if this wouldn't work, then ignore this paragraph please.

Old 23rd February 2007, 11:01 PM
Clanker

Topmonhit...i'm terribly confused. Sorry. Well, we havn't got it to pop up in other places yet, sorry

Old 23rd February 2007, 11:15 PM
Bunnycomb

No, the picture in question is mnt fire eyes, I just thought it apropriette(sp) for a banjo forum, and I forgot that he had it.

Old 23rd February 2007, 11:18 PM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
ok weve established that it isnt the pink egg, so now what do we do?

Old 23rd February 2007, 11:47 PM
Glowbo

Now what?

Old 23rd February 2007, 11:56 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
We find the object modifier, hopefully. This would allow us to see what happens if that egg is collected.

A theory I have about the eggs in BT - they're stored by a counter, right? IE, if you have one of them, you get a (?): 1 sign in the bottom left corner, if you collect the 2nd, you get (?): 2, right?

So if we could find the address responsible for that counter, we could set it to 3 or 4, and go into heggy's to see what happens

Of course, it could easily be that this new egg has nothing whatsoever to do with heggy, especially since Heggy tells you at some point that she's finished hatching eggs...

Old 23rd February 2007, 11:59 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Of course, it could easily be that this new egg has nothing whatsoever to do with heggy, especially since Heggy tells you at some point that she's finished hatching eggs...
Could it be one that you can't collect but is solid, and you have to hatch it with Kazooie?

It's about the same size as Terry's eggs isn't it? And it could maybe explain why it's a different texture

EDIT: And just asking, do we know if we have all the code chamber codes for BT? I know we have BK's, but I don't know about Tooie's

Old 24th February 2007, 12:11 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
how can we find the object modifier?

Old 24th February 2007, 12:29 AM
Clanker

I told you all that SNS is still alive muhahahahaha.

Great job Coolboyman. Purple egg though. Hmm very interesting.

If the purple egg is in fact collectible (hopefully it is) than it disproves my Yoshi Story theory =).

It does look like a breakable egg if it isn't collectible. Maybe it could have been a giant egg like in Bubble Gloop Swamp, where you had to do all these different moves to break it.

Old 24th February 2007, 12:32 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
ahh, bk has nothing to do with yoshi story, if yoshi's story was made by rare that probbably be a great theory, but yoshi aint with rare so sorry, cant happen.

Old 24th February 2007, 12:38 AM
Glowbo

Would it be possible for us to get a savestate of this?

Old 24th February 2007, 01:11 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
I can't wait to see the look on Rarekind's face when they learn what you did, Coolboyman. Put that egg in your avatar. Anyway, have you discovered in which part of "Banjo-Kazooie" that egg was supposed to be at, or does this mean that the eggs are also in "Banjo-Tooie" but hidden more cleverly so Ice and Sub couldn't get to them as 'easily' as they did before? Yowza, the hunt is on!

Old 24th February 2007, 01:49 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
lol, could there be more egs in bk? have you guys tried looking?

Old 24th February 2007, 02:11 AM
The Hero of the Hour

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
in the freeze digits? no but i hate having to reload the game every time a freeze digit fails. plus the image change code i have wont let me change into the 0800's it just says executing from non-mapped space or unhandled r34001 opcode or osme crazy stuff like that so yeah i dont know whats going on with that