Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > General > Almost Anything Goes

Almost Anything Goes In here you can chat about anything from the queen's head to the taste of mild cheddar. Just use some decency.

Old 6th December 2018, 10:15 AM
DemonLabRat DemonLabRat is offline 4 Highscores
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
It was a bit playing on what I said I'd commit to doing pre-draft and during the league. At the time, knowing that I was an uninformed and biased Falcons fanboy, I thought I would expand out and completely avoid their players since, two years ago, I heavily relied on Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Tevin Coleman, Matt Bryant and other then-Falcons, like Taylor Gabriel, in our fantasy league. They arguably won me that tournament when I had simply no insight into NFL at the time. (I drafted three defences back then before Andre warned me I could only play one at a time) I thought it would be dull to repeat that, so I stated that, for me, the Falcons were off-limits. Yet, come the draft, I immediately went against that by drafting two Falcons players in my first three picks, and by drafting Matt Ryan as my final pick despite saying 'I won't pick him' throughout the whole draft. Matt Bryant didn't make it onto my roster, by virtue of Andre getting to him first and 'saving' me from being faced with the option.

Needless to say, I failed miserably in sticking to that self-made yet public promise for no reason other than that I like Falcons too much to make proper judgment, and I thought that to be humourous since I enjoy self-deprecation based comedy. So, since about week 4-ish, I thought an adequate punchline would be for the Somerset Speedwagons to be completely or at least mostly consumed by the Atlanta Falcons by the end of the league. (The name and avi would have been changed as well when I bothered.) Freeman's injuries early on threw a spanner into that, with him set to return in week 15, our final week, so instead of it being gradual, I thought I'd leave it to the playoffs, or maybe week 15 if I was going to make the final or the third place play-off. Seeing as this was a for-the-fun-of-it league with fun trophies between friends rather than enemies, with no sweepstake or prizes to muddy our views on what sort of direction we were taking, (unless I've glossed over something vital) I had thought such a course of action acceptable and that this would be a league in which to do it. That's not to say I didn't actively pursue victory in spite of my cluelessness over the last 13 weeks, of course, and I was trounced nonetheless, but there's nothing to it other than my own whims desiring a Falcons team to play on the joke that is my lack of willpower. I did not anticipate that this would be a problem, since I misjudged the casual-competitive scales of everyone participating.

WRT rectifying that, I'm happy to see it undone if there is a strong sense from anywhere that it's ruining any competitive aspects of the league. If Yiff wants to make any alterations, that's fine. Alternatively, I can save them the effort and pick up the players myself. I do now recognise that, if I wanted to go with a Falcons roster, I could just limit it to the active roster. To me, dropping the rest was a way of ensuring I would not back out of what I was going for, since I am unfortunately wishy-washy about nearly everything I set out to do. I'm sorry if this ruined the league for you or anyone else.

Edit: Almost everything is back to what it was, just have to wait for bears d/st to be picked up. Thanks to ala for doing the bulk of it.

Last edited by DemonLabRat; 6th December 2018 at 10:53 AM.

Old 6th December 2018, 10:54 AM
Alakazam Alakazam is offline 3 Highscores
クロノ・クロス ~ Another World

Total Awards: 15
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
i decided to change things back to how they were, for the best interest of the playoffs
(HOWEVER dlr you will have to re-add the Bears D/ST, for some reason it wouldn't let me)

it probably wouldn't have mattered, but it's better to be safe than sorry

don't sweat it too much, stuff happens
andre and i both thought the falcons thing was funny lol

also - prizes will be announced soon!
(since i made the playoff, i should mention in the event of a QB Club 98 Pro Bowl Team championship, first-place prize will go to the runner-up)

for all players hoping to touch the true entertainment

Old 6th December 2018, 11:19 AM
Bartimaeus Bartimaeus is offline 1 Highscore
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonLabRat View Post
Seeing as this was a for-the-fun-of-it league with fun trophies between friends rather than enemies, with no sweepstake or prizes to muddy our views on what sort of direction we were taking, (unless I've glossed over something vital) I had thought such a course of action acceptable and that this would be a league in which to do it. That's not to say I didn't actively pursue victory in spite of my cluelessness over the last 13 weeks, of course, and I was trounced nonetheless, but there's nothing to it other than my own whims desiring a Falcons team to play on the joke that is my lack of willpower. I did not anticipate that this would be a problem, since I misjudged the casual-competitive scales of everyone participating.

WRT rectifying that, I'm happy to see it undone if there is a strong sense from anywhere that it's ruining any competitive aspects of the league. If Yiff wants to make any alterations, that's fine. Alternatively, I can save them the effort and pick up the players myself. I do now recognise that, if I wanted to go with a Falcons roster, I could just limit it to the active roster. To me, dropping the rest was a way of ensuring I would not back out of what I was going for, since I am unfortunately wishy-washy about nearly everything I set out to do. I'm sorry if this ruined the league for you or anyone else.

Edit: Almost everything is back to what it was, just have to wait for bears d/st to be picked up. Thanks to ala for doing the bulk of it.
Understood, but yeah, dropping top players like that is considered league-breaking. It gives a huge advantage to playoff teams in need of particular positions (e.g. my team has been bludgeoned by injuries in the past couple of weeks, and I really need a good RB right now...so possibly getting Philip Lindsey for free is super unfair to the rest of the playoff teams).

Old 7th December 2018, 11:06 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I am glad all that was explained over here, I checked the fantasy league this morning and got very confused.

Old 9th December 2018, 05:18 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
It's all good DLR, you had no idea. That said I will be crushing you all in the playoffs, thank you.

Old 9th December 2018, 03:54 PM
GB Printer Paper Memorial Garden's Avatar
GB Printer Paper Memorial Garden GB Printer Paper Memorial Garden is offline
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
So we're playing Fantasy Baseball in the Spring right

Old 9th December 2018, 04:35 PM
クロノ・クロス ~ Another World

You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB Printer Paper Memorial Garden View Post
So we're playing Fantasy Baseball in the Spring right
looking even more forward to spring 2020 Fantasy XFL

...may we all live long enough to play in the 2020 RWP Fantasy XFL

Old 11th December 2018, 04:39 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
protip: don't have your team implode in the first round of the playoffs in embarrassing fashion, especially if you went 11-1-1 in the regular season. called it, though,

Old 12th December 2018, 12:59 AM
DJ Jamjars

TFW the 5/6 game is the two highest scores of the week.

TFW you're the 3 seed and you only outscore the team that was abandoned like week 3.

Old 14th December 2018, 02:56 AM
DJ Jamjars

Before the last week ends, big thanks for putting together fantasy football this year. I had a lot of fun, and it meant a lot to me to really feel like a part of the RWP community again. I really appreciate all the work that went into this.

Old 17th December 2018, 05:14 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I knew it, this league was rigged from the start.

admin he's doing it sideways

Old 17th December 2018, 11:48 PM
DJ Jamjars

SERIOSULY WHATA JOKE

Great season, everybody.

Old 18th December 2018, 06:39 AM
クロノ・クロス ~ Another World

well, what a wild ride that was!
thank you based mahomes forever (i'll be rooting for the chiefs in the playoffs <3)

awards! will be given to:

Andre (honorary first place prize)
Bartimaeus (trophy leader)
Tomajko (consolation winner)

all of you win a steam game from this list!
https://www.reddit.com/r/rarewitchpr...08k/the_games/

PM me or CJ for your code
(i'll also be making forum trophies for myself, andre, and firealpha - look for those under your profile soon)

thanks again everyone for playing throughout the year, it was a lot of fun

Old 18th December 2018, 08:03 PM
Glowbo

Footy

Yay, feels wonderful to be a winner of losers! I had a fun time this year, despite some... crappy luck and poor choices. Congrats to the other winners!

Old 18th December 2018, 08:08 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Thanks Alakazam (and everybody else besides the guy who didn't manage his team since week 3), GG and see you next year!

User Tag List