Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 6th March 2009, 05:47 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Post "L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges" DLC on the way.

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/?id=1759

And the full story from Rare's news page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts – it's not over yet. We can't offer any specifics, but it wouldn't do to let your N&B disc gather dust. To whet your appetite for what's coming, a few words from L.O.G. himself...

"Am I addressing the fine minority of gamesplayers with taste, those who are still neck-deep in the customisable wonders of my latest title to feature that drooling bear and the shrieking hag I wish I'd never invented? And Gruntilda too, of course. Ah, the humorous bait-and-switch.

"As I put so much effort into hammering and sticky-taping together all those new worlds for Nuts & Bolts, I thought I'd reward the loyalty of its cadre of ardent players with a brief hint. So prick up your ears, soldiers: consider this an early warning that news on potential lifespan-lengthening activities will be incoming very soon. The game's lifespan, I mean, not your own. I may be a deity, but that's just unrealistic.

"If all goes well, you'll soon be able to experience a little something that I devised during a spare moment in exile from the Palace lounge as the Lady of Games watched some kind of dreadful house renovation show marathon. I have to say I'm quite pleased with the end result, apart from the section that Klungo insisted on contributing due to what he claimed was 'popular demand'. Well, that remains to be seen. I've even topped it off with a promotional logo to keep you interested, as I'm told it's all about the logos and PR and vertical marketing these days.

"That's all for now. Until the next time I randomly and irresponsibly decide to break the fourth wall, enjoy."

So there you go. Expect more info to be out there as soon as next week, but in the meantime rest assured that the Lord of Games is keeping the Nuts & Bolts dream alive.
Discuss. (Also, I would have posted this in Latest News, but I lack the access to do so. )

Oh yeah, and as a note, obviously feel free to post your opinions, but if this thread turns into a fight like every other goddamn thread about this game, I swear I will punch you all through the Internet. Try me. This is just preemptive because it always happens.

Last edited by Bottles98; 6th March 2009 at 05:54 PM.

Old 6th March 2009, 05:53 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Only one word for this.Awesome

Old 6th March 2009, 05:53 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
If this is the rumored "downloadable moves and new worlds" that's been going around I may just be interested in this.

Otherwise, Rare is just catering to the fans they didn't piss off.

Old 6th March 2009, 05:56 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I just hope that this will be worth it. If it's just "FIVE NEW CHALLENGES HAVE FUN LOL" then that's dumb, but if it's a new world or something then it could be pretty interesting.

Old 6th March 2009, 06:03 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG
I thought I'd reward the loyalty of its cadre of ardent players
Oh the irony. This proved what I said, this is just gonna be new parts, challenges, and an extension to Klungo saves teh World.

Not even a flip flap or double jump Rare?

Old 6th March 2009, 06:14 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
I actually won't mind if it's not a new world, I will be completely happy if the pack consists of all unique challenges, interesting ones that get the creative juices flowing. If its got anywhere above 25% races, I'll be dissapointed.

I love building creative vehicles, give me a reason to !

Old 6th March 2009, 06:19 PM
Custom User Title

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
Super Mega Awesome

Can't wait for this

Old 6th March 2009, 06:19 PM
Bunnycomb

If it's not free I'm not downloading. (Primary reason: Saving for Tooie. Secondary: We don't need DLC making things worse)

Old 6th March 2009, 06:23 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjoesusxx View Post
I actually won't mind if it's not a new world, I will be completely happy if the pack consists of all unique challenges, interesting ones that get the creative juices flowing. If its got anywhere above 25% races, I'll be dissapointed.

I love building creative vehicles, give me a reason to !
Well, right, but my point was more that if it was only like three-to-five challenges I would personally be severely disappointed, especially if it's for pay (which it will likely be).

Old 6th March 2009, 06:30 PM
Bunnycomb

Here's an idea, if you did not like the vehicle based gameplay, don't buy the DLC.
Banjo Fans for Platforming TM

Old 6th March 2009, 06:37 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

I hate to come so close to breaking my own rule, but...duh? Of course people who didn't like it aren't going to get the DLC in the first place; people are smart enough to make a decision like that on their own.

Old 6th March 2009, 06:40 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaber View Post
Here's an idea, if you did not like the vehicle based gameplay, don't buy the DLC.
Banjo Fans for Platforming TM
Endorse.

Old 6th March 2009, 07:28 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
well, I liked it, so i'm going to get the DLC. Hopefully it is more than just a few challenges bottles, I'd be happy with at least 20. I don't think i'd pay more than 5 dollars for a NaB challenge pack, unless it was a significant expansion.

Old 6th March 2009, 07:51 PM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Total Awards: 3
Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
LOG you egotistical bastard, shut your pong-hole and release your DLC without the attitude.

Old 6th March 2009, 07:55 PM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
This should be great. I really hope that the world that was taken out to keep schedule will be what's included.

Should be fun.

Error ID: 10T. Rage Buffer overflow.

Tags
banjo-kazooie, dlc, log, lord of games, nuts & bolts

User Tag List