Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 3rd October 2019, 02:41 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Unhappy AlphaDream filed for Bankruptcy

AlphaDream, the game development company that made the Mario & Luigi series and several Hamtaro games, filed for bankruptcy today. They cited sluggish revenues and being unable to pay back their debt as the reason. Let's pour one out for a genuinely great development team. The Mario & Luigi series were tons of fun and had a lot of great humor.

Post memories of your favorite games by AlphaDream. They didn't make many, but they were always great.

Old 4th October 2019, 12:26 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I didn't buy the two remakes but I have the main five Mario & Luigi titles, and they're all wonderful. I wasn't expecting to see this at all when I heard the news yesterday, and it's sad. I wasn't aware how critical their situation actually was, but now I wonder if this is why they chose to remake the most popular entries in the series as an attempt to make some of the needed funds... I was looking forward to what they were going to do on Switch, but...

I saw someone suggest that maybe they could reform under a new company owned by Nintendo like how a lot of the Hudson Soft Mario Party team went on to become Nd Cube. I wonder if Nintendo would be interested...

User Tag List