Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 12th August 2007, 06:30 PM
Glowbo

Theory on Extra BK Eggs.

Hello everyone, I haven't made a topic on this site before, so if I do something completely braindead, I apologize in advance.

Anyways, I was always a bit puzzled by the fact that Mumbo didn't show pictures of the other Mystery Eggs, I mean if I knew that there were to be 6 eggs instead of 2 in BK, I would have awaited the release of BT that much more, as would most others I suspect.

This is a bit of a long shot, but maybe the reason they didn't release the extra eggs in the BK ending is because you weren't supposed to find them in Banjo-Tooie, but possibly in other Rare games, ones further down the road on the 64. Although once S'N'S was canned, it's not like Rare would have any reason to reveal the fact that there were 3 eggs that weren't accounted for.

Although that leaves the Ice Key, which was rumoured to be used in DK64. What I think about that is for one, they had it exposed well enough that you could see it in the run of the game, so they felt it was necessary to comment on, or possibly the mystery Items could have at one point in time been planned to be used in multiple Rare games. This is purely speculation on my part.

Oh, and one other thing that's always bothered me in BK that I've touched on here before.

You know how certain NPCs such as Blubber and Gnawty so on have an invisible barrier protecting them from attacks? Well, Wozza's isn't completely inpenetrable. You can do the egg laying attack and they will break on him, while not on other NPCs. It probably means nothing, since I've pumped 200 Eggs into him in this fashion, as well as attack him in every other manner I could think of and it did nothing, but it makes me wonder if at some point in time you had to beat him up a little for some reason or another.

Anyways, does any need any clarification on my theory, or have any questions or comments?