Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: Dis sheet fo' real mofo?
YA RLY 22 26.83%
NO WAI 60 73.17%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th August 2007, 10:25 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
The angle is not impossible. Someone else in this topic took a screenshot from that exact same angle. Don't remember how he said he did it though.

Read all the posts before stating things as factual...

Old 14th August 2007, 10:39 PM
Glowbo

I might think its a fake

Think...

The real image that looks like it was taken from BK might have been found by the photoshopped genius and altered it

I mean what are the odds that he could take a pic from the exact same angle in BT? I mean quite not possible

--BK--

Old 16th August 2007, 07:32 AM
Glowbo

On grunty's eye, on the lightened pic, it looks like there is a right angle. Now, surely there would be dust around the edge if it were real? I expect it to be fake, or an accidentally left in bit of code...

Old 16th August 2007, 05:43 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bextah.girl
On grunty's eye, on the lightened pic, it looks like there is a right angle. Now, surely there would be dust around the edge if it were real? I expect it to be fake, or an accidentally left in bit of code...
Dust in a videogame? Other than Luigi's Mansion, i don't think i've seen any game that their makers are soo detailed that they put dust in the game too. I'm sorry, but i don't think that would matter whether this is fake, or real. Sure, it would look a little grey so one would assume that there is dust there, but Rare's not that detailed. They just throw parts any where outside of the boundaries. The bridge in Spiral Mountain that was broken is Far far under the ground, but if you use a levitation code, you can sometimes see it. And when the lock breaks in the "tower room" that leads to Gruntilda, if you use GS codes, you can see the peices of the busted lock floating in mid air under where it busted. Now, after seeing those pictures, (broken bridge, and lock pieces) i'm pretty sure that Rare wouldn't go through too much trouble to program dust into the game...

Old 16th August 2007, 08:59 PM
Dingpot

this pic could have been made in blender 3D though

Old 19th August 2007, 09:17 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
That pic seems a little too perfect if you ask me. All the dots on the floor match up perfectly with the BK pic. Whith rare just moving objects, I don't think they would perfectly replicate a room in another game.

The only credit this guy gets is being really good at photoshoping pics.

Old 19th August 2007, 09:23 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I did think it looked pretty authentic until someone mentioned the fact the bridge has no shadow. Also the fact that if Ice and Sub were his idols he would have showed them the picture, and also would probably want to post here being a Banjo Fan.

Old 19th August 2007, 09:56 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
I did think it looked pretty authentic until someone mentioned the fact the bridge has no shadow. Also the fact that if Ice and Sub were his idols he would have showed them the picture, and also would probably want to post here being a Banjo Fan.
There's no substantial proof that he hasn't showed Sub and Ice the pic. And not every Banjo fan in the world is going to be posting at Rarewitchproject. Even if they do know of the place and worship the creators.

Old 20th August 2007, 03:31 AM
Brash Breegull

.... Why don't we have Sub or Ice email him. If he would tell anyone how he came to this room. He would tell them, HA his idols. (that is assuming that this is truly a real picture.) Has there been any updates on his site since he released this picture? I haven't been checking up on this post since early August

Old 20th August 2007, 03:56 AM
Grunty's Reject

No, he hasn't. I looks like he's going to post something around the first of each months, or at least his first two so far were.

Edit: and for those that keep asking, his first "discovery" is just this guy. Seems like he wants to act like he found him.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...eUsnap0002.jpg

Last edited by yamibakuragod; 20th August 2007 at 04:07 AM.

Old 20th August 2007, 06:09 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
1. If you notice the 1st picture is Darker. When it gets dark, things don't tend to have shadows...F| Therefore, the bridge had no shadow. So it's even more authentic than normal...

2. Like Hylian1 said, we have no actual proof that he hasn't shown Ice and Sub the pictures. Neither of them have posted in this topic to confirm or deny it.

3. I've already said this fact once, but i got disproven, but...It seems like some people on here will turn down practially any thing that has to do with SNS. (Not theories. Pictures and codes.) People will say it's fake and continue to do so until they get the truth from the original poster. Then they'll laugh at everyone for believing the poster if it's fake, or feel real embarrassed if it's real. I believe that's the reason Carlos didn't post it here. For fear that people wouldn't take his stuff seriously. It's quite possible that he already made an account and asked for hacking help, or secretly took Sub's classes and ended up hacking out the game himself.

Old 20th August 2007, 06:11 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakuragod
Wtf is that thing? A carrot with some sort of headband? I seriously can't tell what the hell that thing is...

Old 20th August 2007, 06:17 AM
Dingpot

Greatman, people believe it to be the head of a Beta Grunty's Broom, a torch, or as you said, a carrot, only with headgear.

Old 20th August 2007, 06:20 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
I took a closer look at it... Looks nothing like a torch or a broomstick end/handle to me.

I still vote for the carrot!

Old 20th August 2007, 04:34 PM
Brash Breegull

Random Award 
i think its a torch.. a beta wumba transformation in glitter gulch mine ?

wth is that thing? bk or bt?