Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 14th October 2007, 05:56 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLMrcs
Unless she can slowly make audio out of a low quality vid, chances are she'll have just as luck as me on this (since I'm probably the most fluent in spanish in the entire site).
most likely she'll probably get the same thing. It's like I said in the theory, what's being said doesn't really matter. All it would maybe prove is that the knocker door was an exit from the castle, that's about it.

I'd rather try and find something to enhance the images. I'm still trying to think of what the second building would have been. We have the castle, and then the one shot, you see part of that other building, but it seems pointless to have a 2nd one there. I guess it could have been an extention of the castle, but that doesn't seem to make much sense.

Old 14th October 2007, 05:59 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'm 100% sure that the audio is really nothing important, just promoting the game, so we got that out of the way.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll try to save the images and sharpen them up a bit, but for now I'm calling it a night (already midnight).

Old 14th October 2007, 06:10 AM
Grunty's Reject

Last thing for tonight, I found a french wesite, thought I'd check it out. It had a few things about mt fire eyes.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DN

Images of the giant castle
In the images, one can see Banjo, the last hero of Dream (see "2) Characters> Hero")

According to what we know, it was a human. His name is unknown, unfortunately. Perhaps Cooper, Grabbed by the Ghoulies? After all, this game is made by the creators of Banjo-Kazooie; And the scenario is largely based Dream: Cooper and his girlfriend were lost in a forest, on their way, they will find themselves before a sinister mansion and little welcoming despite, they decide to go inside to request information and go home; but the girlfriend is kidnapped, and it's up to the Cooper find by browsing the manor.
Then the hero was changed, the Human left his room for a rabbit, according to one of the scribes of Rareware, his name would Humpo. One might think that this is the rabbit Grunty Industries, because when one listens carefully to his voice, it looks like our bears in yellow shorts.
Our friend Humpo to leave his seat at a bear, it is our dear Banjo (no graphics)

She called Piccolo (which means "small" in Italian and refers to a flute, smaller.) . Later, when Banjo appeared in Dream, his name has become "Tooty." Then, as soon as Dream changed its name, the concept of girlfriend was abandoned, and Tooty became the little sister of Banjo.

It was a giant, Gruntilda was replaced in Banjo-Kazooie. His name is unknown, but apparently this is the evil Captain Blackeyes.Un Dream mysterious character, to be giant, which can be in Turner Banjo. The pirate has a mission: it would apparently seeking eggs, or just the egg pink; I explain: Blackeyes behind, there is a table showing the interior of Sharkfood Island (where the egg pink). In a room of Rusty Bucket, there is a map of Treasure Trove Cove (Bay Treasury) with a cross on Sharkfood Island. The Rusty Bucket Blackeyes would then be up to? If yes, then his mission is to search all eggs, as it has the red egg! (Remember that one can have in the master's cabin (Blackeyes?)) So would the Dream Stop 'N' Swop? ... And in this case, what would the key to ice? It certainly related Fungus Forest (a world of Dream), who was inspired to create Nutty Forest (in English, Fungi Forest). Remember also that the key was in Donkey Kong, now this is in memory of the game ...

Unlike Hammerhead Beach, this world is undoubtedly the least known, but also the most mysterious. In 1999, Rare showed these pictures, stuffed with mysteries ... This world would be a world of Banjo-Kazooie, then Rareware wanted to put it in Tooie, but it has been recycled with Pics Furnaces (side dish) . We know a small thing: Mount Fire Eyes is a world of lava. It is precisely this last trace of his existence: in the woods clac, when doing a Bec'Assaut on the back of Gobi for watering the flower giant, before he was cut, he tells us: "I am going for the world lava, you will not find me ever! " Well, this world of lava, Mount Fire Eyes.

Moreover, for some, the colosseum of Pics Furnaces would be nothing other than the Lair of the giant Project Dream.

Old 14th October 2007, 06:47 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 3
RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
I'd just like to take the time to say that you have done a good service in the creation of this article yamibakuragod! You've done a good job at actually analyzing the information that is known and backing it all up with evidence, instead of just saying "I think mt. fire eyes is giant's lair."

Also, on the picture you created that was a map of perhaps how the Giant's Lair was set out, there is that second path at the bottom of the picture (where Banjo is shown jumping from in the 4 second video). Where do you believe that path would have gone? Perhaps to that second building? It's just, if the main building is the Giant's Lair, all the levels and whatever would have been inside the building, so the path sort of leaves a bit of confusion as to where it could have perhaps lead to.

Overall you have done a great job! If I could rep you I would!

Old 14th October 2007, 01:40 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I always knew that wasn't MFE! I think I saw the video from those second set of pics a wile back. There wasn't much to it though, but it gave a good shot of that strange building. I will see if I can find it again.

Old 14th October 2007, 02:55 PM
Von Kriplespac

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Well here is what I got from him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monokama
Hi! sorry if my english is not very good, but i'm italian, i hope that you will understand what i'm going to write anyway

If i remember correctly, that video was on a longer promo videotape, that i have download from www.64DD.net but sadly right now the site does not load for me, so i can not confirm that it was from there.. anyway, if the site will be back, i'll see if i'll find again the right one.. the voice from the video is in Espanol, so it was a promo video from Spain

Keep me updated if your find the video! i love all that Project Dream project speculations, and i'm happy if i can help you

- monokoma
So I"ll have to wait till the site loads for him and if he can send the video, also confirms the vid is spanish as I thought.

Tried to load the site, and yes it's down for the moment.

Old 14th October 2007, 03:35 PM
Grunty's Reject

@ lordchander - Thanks for the comment. Like I said, the path is tricky. Based on what I have, that seems to be the only logical place for it. What was the 2nd building? No idea, seeing as that's the only time we see any of it, we can only guess. There's a reason I didn't draw the path connecting to that building, which was because I don't know where it goes to. I can think of a couple possibilities.

1. Code Chamber, like the one from MT. Thought I would have to say, that's a pretty long shot, and very unlikely.

2. Maybe a JiggyWiggy type building. Maybe each level had a special item, which when brought back would open a new area of the giant's lair, like K.Lumsy does when you return a key in DK64.

3. Maybe a gatehouse. There might have been a small switch somewhere on it or a puzzle, which had to be solved to enter the main entrance.

4. It's quite possible that it was merely there as decoration. At the very least there would have been either something to activate or collect.

5. Maybe it leads to the basement of the castle or something.

Honestly unless I find out more, I can't say much.

@AndyNPC

Definitly let me know if you find that video or anything else for that matter and thanks for the comment.

@ DeLMrcs

yeah I tried it too, and it seems to be down. But if we can find that video, that just might give us some answers. Though odds are the rest of it was of different areas if he cut that one section of the giants lair specifically.

Also, be sure to link him to my theory, and let him know if there's anything he can think that he can help with let me know.

I do have to say one thing do. I swear I didn't look at the french site before writing my theory, and that's what scares me.

And the scenario is largely based Dream: Cooper and his girlfriend were lost in a forest, on their way, they will find themselves before a sinister mansion and little welcoming despite, they decide to go inside to request information and go home; but the girlfriend is kidnapped, and it's up to the Cooper find by browsing the manor.

That's almost exactly what I was aiming at, but, I still have some doubts. This is the first time I've seen any of the stuff on that site, like that. So I think if we find someone who knows french it would be worth asking them where they got their info.

Old 14th October 2007, 06:38 PM
Dingpot

the only problem with this theory is that spiral mountain was being worked on at the time. though maybe...

what if there was a back door in spiral mountain, you never see any beta pics of inside grunty's lair!!!!!!

so if you never see any beta pics of grunty's lair, does that mean that the levels were ment to be accessed by the devided areas of spiral mountain.

Stumps - a way back to fungus forest
Rocks - a way to rock style world
Water - a water cave
Garden - a farm

just a possible addition to this theory, the 'spiral' part of spiral mountain was originally made out of bricks, instead of being natural. so then there is a chance the bridge and spiral part of the mountain were part of the old giants lair.

Old 14th October 2007, 08:39 PM
Bunnycomb

Well that would explain Spiral Mountain in Grunty's Revenge.

Last edited by Glaber; 14th October 2007 at 08:41 PM.

Old 14th October 2007, 09:30 PM
Grunty's Reject

@Steve - It's possible. If they were working on spiral mountain at the same time, one possibility was that instead of the bridge connecting to Gruntilda's lair, it connected to a tunnel leading to the Giant Lair area. I doubt Spiral Mountain was ever meant as a hub area, though it connected to the Giant's Lair does seem possible.

@Glaber - Do you have a screenshot or anything, I've never actually played GR.

Old 14th October 2007, 10:00 PM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Spiral Mountain in Grunty's Revenge was more like a real mountain than it was the small area in BT and BK. It was an actual hub overworld with many areas, like Isle O Hags.

Old 14th October 2007, 11:46 PM
Glowbo

Hi! (sorry if my english is not very good) i'm still trying to visit 64dd.net, but the site looks down. Anyway i have uploaded that "Mt Fire Eyes" video here, so you can download it and maybe find some more info in it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/62592147...Level.zip.html

This video is a bit longer than the one on YouTube, it have the initial part. The original promo tape had more footage after the "Beta Mt Fire Eyes", but it looked just like the final version, no more beta in there.

I'm sorry but i no longer have the complete promo tape file, but i'm sure that 64DD.net will be back, it often go down for some days, but usually it comes back.. we'll see..

i hope that this will help your theories

Old 17th October 2007, 03:25 AM
Grunty's Reject

Thanks for the video. Well, it's too bad there isn't more of the giants lair shown. But I did notice a few things.

1. Let it play for a few seconds, then pause, then slide the slider all the way to the left and you see a frame or two of MM

2. Beta TTC, with beta jump pads and level design. That's about it there.

Then the Giant's Lair, which I've already been through several dozen times. There is one thing I'm working on. The other clip cut it short but this time you can see the giant's lair begins to fade into a different area, but I'm trying to figure out the area. I snapped a shot of it, but this is as clear as it gets for now.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...kuragod/45.jpg

Also, if anyone can translate the rest of the video, go for it. Probably won't give us anything but we may as well.

One again props to monokoma for the vid.

Old 17th October 2007, 03:42 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
All i know is that elements of the world were split and divided upon several other worlds in BK and BT, when I first joined here, I was very impressed to find this level, but til now thats my theory.

Old 17th October 2007, 04:46 AM
Von Kriplespac

Welcome Monokama, glad you can join us we appreciate it