Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 17th October 2007, 07:02 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I have to say Yambi that this is one of the best "Theory's" I have heard in a LONG time. Your article clearly shows how those pictures fit almost seamlessly with one another. I always thought that area couldn't have been Mount Fire eyes. This will definetly get posted up on the TB website. Nice job!

Another thing to point out in the last pic you posted Yambi. I can almost clearly make out a "note" along the brown pathway. If that's what the object is, then that area would most definetly be a level.

Ill try and see if I can use some picture tools to get that image cleared up a bit more

(Update)
Ok, I'm almost certain it's a note. Also, there appears to be a place where the path splits and leads into an underground cavern. Hold up, I'll try and circle those area's.

Alright so the red circle shows the note(fact), and the blue circle show's a cave like entrance(theory). Also, below the blue circle to the right of the screen you can make out what appears to be a small cliff, or three mushrooms...

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...23/Unknown.jpg

So, what level could it belong to?

Last edited by runehero123; 17th October 2007 at 07:49 PM.

Old 17th October 2007, 08:43 PM
Grunty's Reject

The blue one almost looks like it could be a molehill or something. Honestly, I think we're going to need a much better shot of it before we can really place it anywhere. From what we can see, I would think it's likely to be MM. Also it looks like there's at least 3 notes.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...od/sgsssdf.jpg

Old 17th October 2007, 10:59 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I know what that picture is now. It's the hill path you run up in Mumbo's mountain where all the notes are on. The blue circle is most likely the small ledge the jinjo is standing on near the start point. Plus you can see the area where Kazooie has to Talon-Trot on. Case solved .

Evidence:
Path is going uphill
Notes are placed along the path
Background is similar to Beta mumbo mountain.

Old 17th October 2007, 11:41 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
So your saying it could possibly be a Beta Mumbo Mountain?

Old 18th October 2007, 01:18 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
It's almost certain that the pic here: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...od/sgsssdf.jpg is beta mumbo mountain for reasons I mentioned in my last post. As for the other pics, like Yambibakuragod mentioned they are most likely beta "Spiral Mountain" (if it was called that back then).

Last edited by runehero123; 18th October 2007 at 01:23 AM.

Old 18th October 2007, 12:35 PM
Jinjo

Beta mumbo's huh? It looks good, too bad it got changed I wnder what it mustive looked like in full.

Old 18th October 2007, 03:06 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I didn't really read through this thread, so someone tell me if someone's already said this, but I think that 'Mt. Fire Eyes' was supposed to be interpreted as 'Mt. Fire Ice', which could be 'Hailfire Peaks'. So I think that MFE/I became 'Hailfire Peaks', and Rare didn't want to put it in Banjo-Kazooie for some reason. That's just my $.02

Old 18th October 2007, 04:01 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSonic1234 View Post
I didn't really read through this thread, so someone tell me if someone's already said this, but I think that 'Mt. Fire Eyes' was supposed to be interpreted as 'Mt. Fire Ice', which could be 'Hailfire Peaks'. So I think that MFE/I became 'Hailfire Peaks', and Rare didn't want to put it in Banjo-Kazooie for some reason. That's just my $.02
yeah, I covered that, I'd highly suggest reading my theory, it would help you make more sense of things.

Old 18th October 2007, 09:54 PM
Von Kriplespac

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic22 View Post
You guys the message clearly says.....

That these amazing graphics and gameplay will make these characters the newest hit of.....

Obviously the words mean nothing, and the person had no idea what he was playing and/or seeing...the only way to get info out of this is to ask the people who played/saw where and when this happened...but...yea....
Read a few pages back, we already said that what the narrator was saying wasn't important.

Old 18th October 2007, 10:04 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Ok, well look back at Banjo Kazooie's development history. It was originally planned to be released in 1996 (November I think). However, Diddy Kong Racing took that spot because Rare said they weren't going to finish Banjo Kazooie on time. Now the only other time I have seen a delay such as this is when Conker's Twelve tales had been given a complete make-over.

At the time MFE was probably just concept and never really implemented into the game itself (Like Fungus Forest). There is an old IGN article saying they play-tested Banjo Kazooie sometime before it came out, and when it only contained levels up to MMM. There was no Mount Firey Eyes in the game then. So it seem's that (Like Yambibakuragod said) Spiral Mountain (along with the rest of the game) had undergone a complete make-over. Thus Yambibakuragod's theory show's that this is the old Spiral mountain leading to the giant's lair. Because of this 7 of the 16 level's were cut from Banjo Kazooie and probably sparked an idea of creating a sequel for the game. In which the additional level's were added. (some like Fungus Forest made their way to DK64).

Old 19th October 2007, 03:22 AM
Grunty's Reject

Technically there's something else that could tie in also. You see, when they decided to ditch the giant story and go with the current one, they would have to get rid of the castle and make the new spiral mountain. However, we know they had to get rid of the outside of the castle, but not the insides. It's quite possible that some of the areas in Grunty's lair were ripped from the castle it's self. Though the lair seems more earthy then a castle would, but still.

Old 19th October 2007, 01:47 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakuragod View Post
Technically there's something else that could tie in also. You see, when they decided to ditch the giant story and go with the current one, they would have to get rid of the castle and make the new spiral mountain. However, we know they had to get rid of the outside of the castle, but not the insides. It's quite possible that some of the areas in Grunty's lair were ripped from the castle it's self. Though the lair seems more earthy then a castle would, but still.
Well they probably could've changed the textures and stuff. Thats probably what they did with Fungus Forrest (seeing as things point towards it being an earlier version of Clanker's Cavern), and I also imagine they did that with Mount Fire Eyes when they turned it into Hailfire Peaks.

Also nice theory. Pretty interesting stuff in there. =) Makes me wish even more they'd re-use Banjo-beta storylines/characters for Banjo-Threeie.

Old 19th October 2007, 08:32 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakuragod View Post
That thought had just came on me yesterday. Before I had read this post. I mean, it's quite possible. Especially the top most section of the layer. The part now known as "The Tower Room". Take note of that gigantic door leading to the last boss.

Old 20th October 2007, 02:51 AM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Well,it's possible to fight Grunty again by levitating up to the top of the tower,if that can be qualified as a mystery or anything weird.

Old 20th October 2007, 02:53 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
NO, I suppose it cant.