Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 20th October 2007, 03:07 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthConker View Post
Well,it's possible to fight Grunty again by levitating up to the top of the tower,if that can be qualified as a mystery or anything weird.
What you mean, levatating instead of having dingpot shoot you up there? That's not really a mystery. The opening is just a doorway ,the game doesn't really care how you get through it, either way it's gonna warp you there.

Old 20th October 2007, 08:35 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I can't help but notice that the video looks alot like the Angry Aztec Level from DK64, especially the pictures.

Old 20th October 2007, 11:23 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLMrcs View Post
I can't help but notice that the video looks alot like the Angry Aztec Level from DK64, especially the pictures.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they resused textures and such.

Old 25th October 2007, 08:35 AM
Brash Breegull

I did a little trick by taking two close screenshots and canceling out the castle in one to hopefully get a better look at what the scene was transistioning to. It looks like a nondescript valley with a path in the middle. Could be MM, could be something else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beta.jpg (55.9 KB, 45 views)

Old 25th October 2007, 05:33 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
All we know is that it's a path going up a slope with notes on it. That sounds like enough info for it to be MM.

Old 25th October 2007, 06:53 PM
Grunty's Reject

Well, that's the most likely option, unless they were going to have notes in the overworld too.

Old 27th October 2007, 09:55 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
And how do we know if it's notes on the path?

Old 27th October 2007, 11:01 PM
Grunty's Reject

Next time please read the the whole topic, not just the most recent posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
Alright so the red circle shows the note(fact), and the blue circle show's a cave like entrance(theory). Also, below the blue circle to the right of the screen you can make out what appears to be a small cliff, or three mushrooms...

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...23/Unknown.jpg

So, what level could it belong to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakuragod View Post
The blue one almost looks like it could be a molehill or something. Honestly, I think we're going to need a much better shot of it before we can really place it anywhere. From what we can see, I would think it's likely to be MM. Also it looks like there's at least 3 notes.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...od/sgsssdf.jpg

Old 28th October 2007, 08:02 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Oops

Old 28th October 2007, 08:34 PM
Grunty's Reject

Don't worry about it. Trust me, there's been more annoying things then that

Old 29th October 2007, 07:09 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 3
RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Slightly off-topic but I didn't want to make a whole new thread about something so small.

In the small video that Monokoma supplied a few posts back, there is about 1 second or so of beta Treasure Trove Cove centred around the area with shock spring pads. Take note of what the pads look like there and then watch the old E3 '97 vid of B&K in TTC (click here for the video)

While watching the video, you'll notice that B&K seemingly fly from nowhere, no flight pad, nothing. Now right at the end of the TTC segment, B&K will land at the little cave in the cliffside where "Grunty's Treasure" is in the final version. In this little hollow is another pad that looks the exactly the same as the ones in the shock spring pad area.

Now you probably have already worked out where i'm going here, if not, read on:

Final word: I believe that at this stage in development flying was something that was as simple as a button combo, it wasn't designed to be a pad-based move. Many people have often wondered why B&K could somehow fly with no pad then land in an area where the was a pad...so this "theory" could well clear up the confusion over that.

I'm not too sure whether someone has actually theorized this before, if they have, i'm sorry, i'm only relatively new here and havent checked through the archives too deeply yet.

Oh, and hopefully that wasn't TOO off-topic...

Old 29th October 2007, 11:39 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordchander View Post
Slightly off-topic but I didn't want to make a whole new thread about something so small.

In the small video that Monokoma supplied a few posts back, there is about 1 second or so of beta Treasure Trove Cove centred around the area with shock spring pads. Take note of what the pads look like there and then watch the old E3 '97 vid of B&K in TTC (click here for the video)

While watching the video, you'll notice that B&K seemingly fly from nowhere, no flight pad, nothing. Now right at the end of the TTC segment, B&K will land at the little cave in the cliffside where "Grunty's Treasure" is in the final version. In this little hollow is another pad that looks the exactly the same as the ones in the shock spring pad area.

Now you probably have already worked out where i'm going here, if not, read on:

Final word: I believe that at this stage in development flying was something that was as simple as a button combo, it wasn't designed to be a pad-based move. Many people have often wondered why B&K could somehow fly with no pad then land in an area where the was a pad...so this "theory" could well clear up the confusion over that.

I'm not too sure whether someone has actually theorized this before, if they have, i'm sorry, i'm only relatively new here and havent checked through the archives too deeply yet.

Oh, and hopefully that wasn't TOO off-topic...
I think people have brought the button combo thing up before, but I think you tied it up pretty nicely. I wouldn't worry about this getting too off-topic, as this is more of a beta topic if anything.

Old 29th October 2007, 08:29 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
That seems like a pretty useless spot to put a jump pad. Wait... If you could fly anywhere, why even have shock jump pads? I think I can see why its no longer a button combo, if it ever was.

Old 29th October 2007, 10:10 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
That seems like a pretty useless spot to put a jump pad. Wait... If you could fly anywhere, why even have shock jump pads? I think I can see why its no longer a button combo, if it ever was.
It was probably gonna shock jump up to the ledge with the lighthouse or something. which they probably decided was redundant since there are stairs that do the same thing across from there.