Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 2nd April 2008, 09:04 AM
Bunnycomb

lol

cool pic...
i want it

Old 18th November 2008, 12:17 AM
Glowbo

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Has anyone made any progress on this? I'd love to be able to play full levels!

Old 18th November 2008, 12:54 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK64FB View Post
Has anyone made any progress on this? I'd love to be able to play full levels!
Why did you bump this, he already said it was an April Fools Day joke .

Old 18th November 2008, 12:56 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
The second part was the AFJ, but the original post might still be legit.

Old 18th November 2008, 01:19 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah, post #18 is where the AFJ starts. The rest is legit though.

Me and Coolboyman are working on a Rom Map for the games background objects. I'm thinking we will be able to find a way to import the level objects and music from the final into the kiosk. That way, we would be able to play through the full kiosk version.

Note: The reason most levels don't load in the kiosk, is that their background objects are missing.

Old 18th November 2008, 03:22 AM
Glowbo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post

Me and Coolboyman are working on a Rom Map for the games background objects. I'm thinking we will be able to find a way to import the level objects and music from the final into the kiosk. That way, we would be able to play through the full kiosk version.

Note: The reason most levels don't load in the kiosk, is that their background objects are missing.
but there is still a problem. i used that long code you made(the one that loads enemies, objects etc) on the army dillo boss stage with the scene value "0097". it loaded fine but when i went through a door on either side it did the dk logo spinning transition and it brought me to the "Coming Soon!" screen. so the problem is if you do what you say and make it fully playable, every time you enter/exit a room it would return to the coming soon screen. is it possible to fix that issue?

Old 18th November 2008, 04:05 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK64FB
but there is still a problem. i used that long code you made(the one that loads enemies, objects etc) on the army dillo boss stage with the scene value "0097". it loaded fine but when i went through a door on either side it did the dk logo spinning transition and it brought me to the "Coming Soon!" screen. so the problem is if you do what you say and make it fully playable, every time you enter/exit a room it would return to the coming soon screen. is it possible to fix that issue?
I'm not really sure if it's just my code that's causing that to happen. Basically that code just bypasses loading the scenes(the one you use in the code) background and song data, so that everything else in the level loads. If I inject all the model files you should be able to warp to scenes using the normal Scene Modifier code. If it still redirects you to that when you go through a door, then I'll find a way to fix it. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Oh, and I'll have to fix the timer too. (The one that resets the game if it's not being played after a certain amount of time)

Last edited by runehero123; 18th November 2008 at 04:09 AM.

Old 18th November 2008, 08:00 PM
Glowbo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
I'm not really sure if it's just my code that's causing that to happen. Basically that code just bypasses loading the scenes(the one you use in the code) background and song data, so that everything else in the level loads. If I inject all the model files you should be able to warp to scenes using the normal Scene Modifier code. If it still redirects you to that when you go through a door, then I'll find a way to fix it. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Oh, and I'll have to fix the timer too. (The one that resets the game if it's not being played after a certain amount of time)
That sounds great. I heard pj64 is getting a memory editor in its new release, so that may speed things up(nemu is so slow!). Just wondering though, when do you think you will be finished and we can play through the full game? and would we have to re-inject all the files on our own kiosk rom?

Old 19th November 2008, 01:54 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK64FB
That sounds great. I heard pj64 is getting a memory editor in its new release, so that may speed things up(nemu is so slow!). Just wondering though, when do you think you will be finished and we can play through the full game? and would we have to re-inject all the files on our own kiosk rom?
To be honest, it might not be for a while. Probably in a couple months would be my guess. I've started working on my DK ROM list for the objects (music is already complete), which is good.

Once I've got a list of all the objects in both the kiosk and Final ROM I will need to find the pointer lists to those objects in both Roms.

Also, I'm going to make a giant patch file for the kiosk ROM which will do everything for you, as long as you know how to apply it.

Old 21st November 2008, 03:17 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Ah, sorry I missed that . I thought the whole thing lead up to it.