Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 29th September 2005, 05:02 PM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
I wonder...is he (HatrickPatirck) still on hiatus? He should see a real doctor who knows what they're talking about, because you don't stay sick this long because of a cold.

I can't wait to see where all of this stuff takes us. You know, Minjo, I think you may be onto something. Perhaps beating the game to 99%, and then getting the eggs and key in order would do something...perhaps not. I wonder if it is still an option to activate SnS, even though you use a Game Shark and other things to get the items...? Do you think that once you get them the first time, that's all, and you can't really do anything about it, once you've obtained them the wrong way.

I dunno...good luck, guys.

-daniel

Old 29th September 2005, 07:34 PM
Dingpot

As for what order to collect the eggs in, it could be the ones with certain 'game elements' so to speak, instead of having their own room. For example, the Sharkfood Island area has spring pads. The Gobi's Desert area has a switch. The bathroom has a character that talks (Loggo) and the yellow egg has a character that talks (except, not in the winter, so I could be wrong...it could be the red egg because it's related to Captain Blackeye). The other two only have enemies.
Or it could be the colors of the Jinjos, since only four match the eggs. I said that a while ago, but no one tried it, and my Gameshark's fried, or I'd try it myself...

Old 29th September 2005, 09:20 PM
Dingpot

Question...
Did the Whiteboard in GbtG say ANYTHING about getting the Ice Key?
It's unlikely, but maybe we don't get the Ice Key?o_O (I wouldn't put it past Rare to do this...)

Old 30th September 2005, 04:13 AM
Dingpot

Gentlemen! we shall do this 1 theory at a time!

Old 30th September 2005, 05:40 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoko
Question...
Did the Whiteboard in GbtG say ANYTHING about getting the Ice Key?
It's unlikely, but maybe we don't get the Ice Key?o_O (I wouldn't put it past Rare to do this...)
Sorry.

Old 30th September 2005, 09:19 PM
Alumni Staff

Total Awards: 1
Awesome Default Medal 
No, I'm pretty much back. I have confirmed sinusitis, which is resisting all the antibiotics they've tried so far, but it IS getting a lot better, so I can start hacking again.

Now, these object mod codes... Finding the object mod for an item is easy, what you do is find the image mod (search for the image digit with the code generator), then look 4 bytes behind it to find the object mod address. So, for example:
01 68 00 5C 05 0C

the image code there begins at 05, so look 4 bytes behind that in the memory editor and you'll find 01 68, which is your object ID. so just note the address of the "01" in 01 68 and you have your object mod. Just be sure to use "81" in the final code, in order to make it 16-bit.
DO NOT CHANGE THE DIGIT DIRECTLY BEHIND THE IMAGE MOD. This is an item state mod, I think, but all we know about it so far is that if you change it at all, the item will be gone, PERMENANTLY. changing it back to 5C wont bring back the item, so you'll have to start again. so if you're modding the "all jiggys" code, and you change that digit, every jiggy in the game will disappear, and you'll have to reset the game completely (IE: disconnect the shark and load the game by itself) in order to bring them back.

OTher than that, it should be plain sailing. The SnS digits for the object mod are as follows:
01 68 = the ice key
01 69 = the base egg.
If you use the base egg in an SnS room, it will automatically become the egg which can be found in that room. You can therefore use the object mod on, say, the jiggy in the cellar, and change it to the base egg. Collecting the jiggy in there will give you the cyan egg. Thats how the items work, by room, not by seperate item ids for each egg. Can be confusing, but you'll soon get the hang of it.
I'll try this theory myself tomorrow. Again, sorry for being away so long.

Last edited by hatrickpatrick; 30th September 2005 at 09:31 PM.

Old 30th September 2005, 09:40 PM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
Thanks for that Hatrick, glad your getting better.

That info on the object mod will come in handy in the future for me, I'm sure of it.

Error ID: 10T. Rage Buffer overflow.

Last edited by Gaming Master2k; 30th September 2005 at 10:07 PM.

Old 30th September 2005, 09:56 PM
Dingpot

I'm glad Hatrick's back too,cuz I have Banjo-Kazooie now!(Just not a gameshark)

Old 30th September 2005, 10:07 PM
Admin of Awesome

Here's the code to change the skeleton into the Green Egg
81372D78 0169
81372D7C 050D

The colour of the egg may not be green (I had it look red and then yellow changing to green) but it still acts as the green egg as long as your in the room with loggo.

Old 1st October 2005, 01:44 AM
Dingpot

we'd better await Hatrick first

Old 1st October 2005, 02:04 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Master2k
Here's the code to change the skeleton into the Green Egg
81372D78 0169
81372D7C 050D

The colour of the egg may not be green (I had it look red and then yellow changing to green) but it still acts as the green egg as long as your in the room with loggo.
Great, thank you to both Hatrick and GM2K. Without you, the testing would not be possible. I am off right now to finish up this theory.

Crap, now I need to get the code to change the grubbin in the captains cabin into the red egg. Now, I could do this myself, but I do not think you guys have all week for me to get this down...

Last edited by GameandWatch33; 1st October 2005 at 02:09 AM.

Old 1st October 2005, 03:58 AM
Admin of Awesome

Here it is, the Grublin Mod ready for you to finish off the testing:

81372df8 0169
81372dfc 050D

Note you don't actually need the bottom line of the code (the 81372dfc 050D), it just changes the image from Grublin (or skeleton) to the egg, I just like to make it look the part as well.

Old 1st October 2005, 05:39 AM
Dingpot

banjo didn't say anything after he got the green egg,so i think we're scrwed!

Old 1st October 2005, 11:44 AM
Alumni Staff

Total Awards: 1
Awesome Default Medal 
no, he only ever talks after the first two eggs, no matter which ones they are.
I've now got all 4 of them in order, what should I look for?
I'm going to watch the end cutscene and see if anythings different...

Old 1st October 2005, 05:43 PM
Dingpot

I just noticed something weird when I picked up the green egg again(I forgot to save.) When I had just the 2 eggs and the key, there was a Egg-like texture to the text "Stop n Swop". Now, it is a gold colored.

Before

After