Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 4th April 2006, 10:35 PM
BobTheBuilder

The REAL Answer to Stop N Swop

Hello, I've been fired 2 months ago from Rare, but I worked on the 2 Banjo games for Nintendo 64. I've been looking around, and I've seen people trying to crack this little feature called Stop 'N Swop. The folks at Rare have always told me to keep this a secret, but I don't really care anymore, so I'll spoil it for you. A controller Pak is needed

To start off, you must play though Banjo-Tooie, not beating a time, but going through the entire game without shutting the game off once, or dying. You must get every single last item in the game, just make sure you don't die. You must NOT break down Jolly's door, you must pay the 2 doubloons to open it. You can't use cheats either (even with cheato pages). Do NOT go to Heggy's after you get the purple and blue egg. Do not give Humba the Mega Glowbo. It doesnt matter how fast you do it, it just matters if you survive or not.

After you complete the game and see the credits and everything, go back to the saved file and head over to Jiggywiggy's temple. Beat the Jiggywiggy special challenge in less than 50 seconds. Yes, its quite difficult, but it can be done. After that, he will remain silent, and you will see a beam come out of the crystal jiggy. Now head over to Jolly Rogers Lagoon and you should have 2 doubloons left. Talk to Jolly and he wont say anything, but you'll hear a ding. Go outside Jolly's and jump into the pool with the pigs and you'll hear another ding. Go back into Jollys and talk to Captain Blackeye. He'll thank you for getting him the water, and he will give you a key. Go into the sunken ship and open one of the chests with the key. You'll find some shiny gernade eggs. Grab them, your gernade eggs have upgraded.

Go to clock cuckooland and fly all the way up, and on one side there should be a ledge and on the side of the wall there should be an odd color. Shoot 3 gernade eggs there (they can be shot as fast as regular eggs now) and it will open up. Go inside and you'll be in this weird cave called "Glowbo Cave". There will be 6 Glowbo's in there, all matching the colors of the eggs. Talk to the Purple one first and hand him the egg, as well as the Blue one. They willl then take notice that these eggs are actually FAKE. Thats right, fake. They will then ask you to please return the eggs to them. One of them will hand you a golden cheato page.

Head to Grunty's Lair, and hand cheat on the Golden Page, and he'll reviel a new option whenever you talk to him. When you select this option, he gives the command to shut down the game. Turn off the game and replace it with Banjo-Kazooie. The game will work as normal, except one of the areas will be open, which is Treasure Trove Cove. Grab the egg, return to the main lair's Entrance Room, and save the game. If you save this anywhere else, the data wont transfer over. Turn off the console and replace it with Tooie and you'll be back in the lair talking to cheato. Return to the Glowbo cave and give the REAL pink egg to the pink Glowbo. The Blue one will then ask you to get the egg. You have to keep on doing these eggs one by one. Go back to the lair and talk to cheato and do what you did before except go to Gobi's valley. Keep doing this in this order: Pink, Blue, Cyan, Green, Yellow, Red. After all of the eggs have been returned, they will complain once again that theyre missing their leader, the Mega Glowbo. If you already got the Glowbo, they'll thank you, if not go get it in hailfire peaks like you usually do. They'll have one last problem. Theres another Icy door, banjo tries the ice key he has but its too small. Your final thing to do is return back to cheato do the game switch and grab the Ice Key. This ice key is bigger of course. Go back to the cave and open the lock to reveal 6 nests. Put all the eggs in there, and exit the cave. Use the split up pads and go back as Kazooie. You must hatch the eggs.

All the eggs have nice rewards. Each egg hatches a baby Glowbo and lends you some of its magical powers. Well the Blue Purple and Yellow eggs give the same rewards as if heggy hatched them. But we have the cyan green and red eggs! Hatch the Red egg to activate Bottle's revenge (which can be turned on and off on the main menu). Hatch the cyan egg and Kazooie will be able to swim underwater by herself. Shes pretty fast and easy to control. The Green Egg will let you choose from all 8 transformations in Humba's Wigwam in ANY level. The Stony in Cloud Cuckooland, the Bee in Witchyworld, the Snowball in Glitter Gulch mine.

Yeh thats all there is too it. And if you dont believe me, you can all go **** yourself.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:42 PM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
You have a great imagination.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:43 PM
BobTheBuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by repobanjo
You have a great imagination.
Hey **** you dumb little kid, im trying to help you no life losers with this ****.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:45 PM
King Jingaling

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
If this really works, you will recieve a full apology. I don't really belive it. There still is that .01%, though....

Old 4th April 2006, 10:45 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Okay then, if you are from Rare. What's you're name?

Old 4th April 2006, 10:46 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
What's with the language?

Old 4th April 2006, 10:48 PM
BobTheBuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
Okay then, if you are from Rare. What's you're name?
David Wong, I was one of the testers, and I tried move up to design later on for Viva Pinata, but it didnt work out. The last game I tested for was Conker Live and Reloaded.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:50 PM
King Jingaling

I'm not being sarcastic, but your alibi is very tight. Maybe I actually will take back what I said. We'll just have to see.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:51 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
He IS credited too...

Rare Free Players: Steven Brand, Gareth Glover, Gavin Hood, Steve Malpass, Adam Munton, Shaun Read, Jamie Williams, Andrew Wilson, David Wong

at http://www.mobygames.com/game/n64/banjo-kazooie/credits

Old 4th April 2006, 10:53 PM
King Jingaling

O_O. Wow. This guy is from Rare. Unless he lied about his name. I'll stay neutreal until this is sorted out.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:54 PM
Glowbo

Just because he says he's him doesn't make it true. He could have easily just seen the name and used it.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:55 PM
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12

Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Uh... guys...

I never told anyone this, but I found the text "Glowbo Cave" in the Cloud Cuckooland Map Bank... same way I found the text "Grunty's Lair (Tower Room)". he might be right.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:56 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Although I must say I do love it when a good Stop 'n' Swop story appears. Especially one that can actually be considered believable.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:56 PM
King Jingaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman
Uh... guys...

I never told anyone this, but I found the text "Glowbo Cave" in the Cloud Cuckooland Map Bank... same way I found the text "Grunty's Lair (Tower Room)". he might be right.

Now Coolboyman, you're making me cry.....BobTheBuilder could be the RWP hero.

Old 4th April 2006, 10:57 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/s...loperId,51934/

Is this you, BobTheBuilder?

The games he said are listed here too!

I doubt this is a counter-prank to the April Fool's one...

This one also has a high liability of working too.