Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 4th April 2006, 10:57 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Why didn't you say this earlier Coolboyman. Like when you found out about Grunty's LairA (Tower Room). So many more mysteries could have come up.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:01 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBuilder
Hello, I've been fired 2 months ago from Rare, but I worked on the 2 Banjo games for Nintendo 64. I've been looking around, and I've seen people trying to crack this little feature called Stop 'N Swop. The folks at Rare have always told me to keep this a secret, but I don't really care anymore, so I'll spoil it for you. A controller Pak is needed

To start off, you must play though Banjo-Tooie, not beating a time, but going through the entire game without shutting the game off once, or dying. You must get every single last item in the game, just make sure you don't die. You must NOT break down Jolly's door, you must pay the 2 doubloons to open it. You can't use cheats either (even with cheato pages). Do NOT go to Heggy's after you get the purple and blue egg. Do not give Humba the Mega Glowbo. It doesnt matter how fast you do it, it just matters if you survive or not.

After you complete the game and see the credits and everything, go back to the saved file and head over to Jiggywiggy's temple. Beat the Jiggywiggy special challenge in less than 50 seconds. Yes, its quite difficult, but it can be done. After that, he will remain silent, and you will see a beam come out of the crystal jiggy. Now head over to Jolly Rogers Lagoon and you should have 2 doubloons left. Talk to Jolly and he wont say anything, but you'll hear a ding. Go outside Jolly's and jump into the pool with the pigs and you'll hear another ding. Go back into Jollys and talk to Captain Blackeye. He'll thank you for getting him the water, and he will give you a key. Go into the sunken ship and open one of the chests with the key. You'll find some shiny gernade eggs. Grab them, your gernade eggs have upgraded.

Go to clock cuckooland and fly all the way up, and on one side there should be a ledge and on the side of the wall there should be an odd color. Shoot 3 gernade eggs there (they can be shot as fast as regular eggs now) and it will open up. Go inside and you'll be in this weird cave called "Glowbo Cave". There will be 6 Glowbo's in there, all matching the colors of the eggs. Talk to the Purple one first and hand him the egg, as well as the Blue one. They willl then take notice that these eggs are actually FAKE. Thats right, fake. They will then ask you to please return the eggs to them. One of them will hand you a golden cheato page.

Head to Grunty's Lair, and hand cheat on the Golden Page, and he'll reviel a new option whenever you talk to him. When you select this option, he gives the command to shut down the game. Turn off the game and replace it with Banjo-Kazooie. The game will work as normal, except one of the areas will be open, which is Treasure Trove Cove. Grab the egg, return to the main lair's Entrance Room, and save the game. If you save this anywhere else, the data wont transfer over. Turn off the console and replace it with Tooie and you'll be back in the lair talking to cheato. Return to the Glowbo cave and give the REAL pink egg to the pink Glowbo. The Blue one will then ask you to get the egg. You have to keep on doing these eggs one by one. Go back to the lair and talk to cheato and do what you did before except go to Gobi's valley. Keep doing this in this order: Pink, Blue, Cyan, Green, Yellow, Red. After all of the eggs have been returned, they will complain once again that theyre missing their leader, the Mega Glowbo. If you already got the Glowbo, they'll thank you, if not go get it in hailfire peaks like you usually do. They'll have one last problem. Theres another Icy door, banjo tries the ice key he has but its too small. Your final thing to do is return back to cheato do the game switch and grab the Ice Key. This ice key is bigger of course. Go back to the cave and open the lock to reveal 6 nests. Put all the eggs in there, and exit the cave. Use the split up pads and go back as Kazooie. You must hatch the eggs.

All the eggs have nice rewards. Each egg hatches a baby Glowbo and lends you some of its magical powers. Well the Blue Purple and Yellow eggs give the same rewards as if heggy hatched them. But we have the cyan green and red eggs! Hatch the Red egg to activate Bottle's revenge (which can be turned on and off on the main menu). Hatch the cyan egg and Kazooie will be able to swim underwater by herself. Shes pretty fast and easy to control. The Green Egg will let you choose from all 8 transformations in Humba's Wigwam in ANY level. The Stony in Cloud Cuckooland, the Bee in Witchyworld, the Snowball in Glitter Gulch mine.

Yeh thats all there is too it. And if you dont believe me, you can all go **** yourself.
Any way to provide us with some screens?

Old 4th April 2006, 11:01 PM
Glowbo

Bah, I'm still skeptical. So many of these come up every year, why would this one be true? There's no proof, other than that glowbo cave text, which he could have found himself or heard about from someone else. Until I see some proof, I'm not believing this.

Though I do agree with Ice Lightning. These are entertaining.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:02 PM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Now, I noticed I was a bit harsh. I didn't read the thing. Our site id flooded with "fake theories" about it, and I just thought this was another one. You know.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:03 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
It very well COULD be real. I mean, he has his NAME as an official tester to back it up. http://www.mobygames.com/developer/s...loperId,51934/

Besides, he could get arrested for illegally posing as someone else, nonetheless an official rare tester.

But so far all evidence points that he is the real deal.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:07 PM
Prof. Swazzle

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I have some evidence...that this is fake.

As far as I know, no American people work for Rare. He spells the word colour, the American way, with no u.

See my fantastic noticing skills there.

Last edited by Ice Lightning; 4th April 2006 at 11:13 PM.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:07 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
I really wish i never sold my banjo-tooie game I dont even remember why i did. I'm gonna have to go buy another one, but i might wait to see if this really works or not.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:10 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
You're right Ice Lightning. I didn't notice that. Hmmm........ very suspicious.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:13 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Hmm...I dunno. We had a few people here lately making SNS jokes alot lately. I'm gonna try this out to see if it's real. In my opinion this seems like a bit too much to do for a simple process. Ah well, I'm a sucker for anything so I'll give it a go.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:14 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 8
INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
The only way to really know is to test it out. It isn't impossible to do that, but you think this would have been discovered earlier. I also noticed how "grenade" was spelled gernade eggs over and over.

Beating the last Jiggy Wiggy Challenge under 50 seconds isn't that hard, I did it myself before. The REAL challenge would be to surviving the game all the way without cheating, defeating Canary Mary, suriving Stomponadon, and doing this all with an actual game pak. Anybody could beat the game like that with an emulator and see if it were real or not.

Last edited by Mr 3vil; 4th April 2006 at 11:17 PM.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:15 PM
is safe

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Can you tell me if this looks like the texture for one of the Glowbos'?

[rad_img]http://www.dropshipshop.co.uk/temp/0425_0003.bmp[/rad_img]

Old 4th April 2006, 11:16 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Can you tell me if this looks like the texture for one of the Glowbos'?

http://www.dropshipshop.co.uk/temp/0425_0003.bmp
To me that looks like the texture used inside the big fish.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:24 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Aha. I just noticed now he also contidicts himself in what he says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBuillder
You must get every single last item in the game, just make sure you don't die.
Notice how he says you must get every item in the game. Although later he says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBuilder
After all of the eggs have been returned, they will complain once again that theyre missing their leader, the Mega Glowbo. If you already got the Glowbo, they'll thank you, if not go get it in hailfire peaks like you usually do.
If I'm not mistaken, I think the Mega Glowbo is an item. So surely you must have already had to get this far as he said earlier you need to get every item. Of course this could be a mistake, but it does say you must get every item.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:26 PM
Von Kriplespac

RWP Note Medal 
I think that that was just a mistake, or he is just lying. Or maybe the Mega-Glowbo isn't an ITEM, it's more of a special. This sounds fishy. I'm staying neutral.

Old 4th April 2006, 11:26 PM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
I have some evidence...that this is fake.

As far as I know, no American people work for Rare. He spells the word colour, the American way, with no u.

See my fantastic noticing skills there.
His pic shows he looks Asian.