Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 11th May 2006, 10:06 PM
Glowbo

I know you won't believe this... but... The Stop'N'Swop Secret

Let me just start off by saying this:
I know most of you are just going to write this off because there have been so many fakes coming through here and making up fake ways to do Stop'N'Swop. If you believe I'm one of them, leave now. If you even have the slightest hope I could be telling the truth, then read on, because I am.

My father worked at Rare on the Banjo team during the game's production (he later moved on to start his own business.) He was close friends with the minds that created the whole Stop'N'Swop, so he told me how it goes.

Again, if you don't believe me, LEAVE.

First of all, you must already have a save file in both BK and BT. They must be in the first slot, or SnS won't register. Go through all of Banjo-Kazooie, complete the game 100%, and do the same with BT. Watch the cut scene in BK where Mumbo shows you the pictures. Then, go back through the levels, and collect all one hundered Music Notes five times. I know, it sounds very grueling, but this secret was meant to be kept.

After you've done that, make your way back to Spiral Mountain and press B by the hole were Bottles teaches you how to toggle the camera angles. Instead of him saying what he normally does, he will pop up and say, "Your on your way, but the sand castle holds the Key." By this, he is obviously refering to the sand castle in Treasure Trove Cove. Make your way there, and enter the following code:

SELYAMGGERG

Sounds strange, right? That code is actually Gregg Mayles backwards, the man who actually came up with the innitial idea for Stop'N'Swop.

After you complete that, you will here that little beeping noise thing, and it will cut to the ice wall in Wazza's cave melting. Make your way to Freezeezy Peak and enter the cave. Jump up, and grab the key. When you leave the secret area, Wazza will tell you, "You're one step closer, but Clanker needs your help."

Go to Clanker's Cavern, and swim through the tunnel. When Clanker sees you, he will say, "Grunty is defeated, so no more garbage for Clanker. Please get Clanker some food. I like <b>egg.</b>" It will then show a cut scene with all of the secret levels opening, the eggs revealed. Grab them all, and stand on the floating platform to the left of Clanker's head. Clanker will ask, "You bring food for Clanker?" Select yes, and Kazooie will say, "We sure did, metal mouth." He will open his mouth, and Banjo will toss the eggs in, one by one. Clanker will chew and swallow them, thank you, and a flight pad will appear on his back. A door will also open way up on the ceiling. Use the flight pad to fly through the hole. When you land, you will see a huge door in front of you with a big key lock. You guessed it, run up, and Banjo will unlock it using the Ice Key. When inside, you will find a small room with a simple bottle of Rum sitting in the middle. Pick it up, and it will say, "I'm some tastey rum! Give me to Captain Blubber!"

Go back to Treasure Trove Cove, go to Blubber's ship, and drop the rum on the deck in front of him. He will say, "You've done it! Now, save your file, and quickly insert your Banjo-Tooie!" Save your game, turn the system off, and put BT in.

Everything will be the same, but when you load the completed game on file one, it will show a cut scene of Gruntilda flying on her broom. She will say, "I'm not beaten that easily!" You will start the game infront of your house, and Bottles will pop out of the hole. He will say, "Hurry, Banjo! Grunty will destroy everything!" A flight pad will appear in front of you, and you'll engage in an alternate final boss battle taking place all through Spiral Mountain, ground and air. I'm not going to tell you how to win, though, you'll have to figure that out for yourself. After you beat Grunty, you will get an alternate ending, which I also won't spoil, you will get a message from Mumbo telling you to reswap Tooie for Kazooie, and you will now have the option of playing multiplayer in BK. Don't ask about Bottles' Revenge, it's totally different, and can only be unlocked using the Gameshark codes provided on this site.

Well, that's the whole 'mystery' of Stop'N'Swop, and if you don't believe me, don't start going crazy and calling me a liar. Just ignore this, and go somewhere else. But if you do believe, try it, and you'll see!

Old 11th May 2006, 10:15 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
There is a simple way to prove your right, just post a picture.

Old 11th May 2006, 10:20 PM
Glowbo

I seriously wish I could, but I don't have the cables or whatever else you need to do it! I've been looking for them for so long but still can't find the right ones! Arghh!

Old 11th May 2006, 10:21 PM
Dingpot

Radio Shack or BestBuy.

Old 11th May 2006, 10:24 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo-Kazooie
Radio Shack or BestBuy.
I'll go and check it out there right now, thanks!

Old 11th May 2006, 10:25 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Yawn... this wasn't funny.

Okay, I'm not here to bash this guy. If you want to try out his method (Advice: Don't get your hopes up) this code should make your life easier.

Collect 1 note to earn 100 notes [(U) 1.0]
81385182 0064

Collect 1 note to earn 100 notes [(U) 1.1]
81385F62 0064

Collect 1 note to earn 100 notes [(E)]
80386943 0064

Go inside a level, collect one note, leave. Repeat 5 times (like what he said) on every level (like if that wasn't fake enough) and you'll be just... cheated?

I'm not flaming anyone, if you want to try his method, good luck. But be ready to feel disapointed.

Old 11th May 2006, 10:27 PM
Dingpot

I'm neutral but can we have your father name and a picture or biography please?

That might help us to trust you.

Old 11th May 2006, 10:29 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
Anyone care to try ? I would, but I don't have a gameshark to erase my items and I haven't beaten Tooie yet.

Sounds decent enough............... but I'm not willing to say that it is totally true yet.

p.s. Know any sites to get a N64 GameShark from?

Old 11th May 2006, 10:29 PM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Seems possible, with the GREGGMYERS thing. With the actual Gregg at E3 with Coolboyman, this might be it, thought I was a bit dissapointed. Hope the pics come soon.

The only part I can't belive is the "rum" part. This is a fmaily game!

Old 11th May 2006, 10:32 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by repobanjo
Seems possible, with the GREGGMYERS thing. With the actual Gregg at E3 with Coolboyman, this might be it, thought I was a bit dissapointed. Hope the pics come soon.

The only part I can't belive is the "rum" part. This is a fmaily game!
And the rum says "Hi, I'm some tasty rum!"? Sounds a bit more like Conker, if you ask me

Old 11th May 2006, 10:32 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
The part I can't believe is when he says about the Sandcastle code.

Ice Mario said there are no more codes at all, sorry but I've heard too many Stop 'n' Swop codes to believe them now.

EDIT: I found the quote now. http://rarewitchproject.com/forums/s...35&postcount=9

Last edited by Ice Lightning; 11th May 2006 at 10:34 PM.

Old 11th May 2006, 10:34 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
The part I can't believe is when he said to get all 100 notes on every level 5 times.
A game developer wouldn't make you do that. It's just stupid.

Old 11th May 2006, 10:37 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaorBR
The part I can't believe is when he said to get all 100 notes on every level 5 times.
A game developer wouldn't make you do that. It's just stupid.
Like I said, they wanted it hidden very well.

Old 11th May 2006, 10:38 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I'd like to refer to the edit in my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me (4 posts before this)

Old 11th May 2006, 10:39 PM
Dingpot

A Rare® Scribe said:

"No, I didn't expect anyone to look for BK3 in Ghoulies, but then again I didn't expect the ashes of the ashes of the ashes that was once Stop n' Swap to keep being raked over. The guys at the Rare Witch Project have come pretty close to solving that, but of course we're not going to reveal the whole truth to them as it would spoil their fun. They'll need all their hacking prowess if we ever release BK3 as not only will it connect to the first two games, but WOPPA from War Games and the NASA mainframe. Maybe even Captain Skyhawk 2.

Sorry for off-topic but this is main proof that SnS really exist.
But why they don't want to reveal it? Why your father want? This makes no sence.