Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 24th April 2004, 04:03 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
It's not like that. They were developed simultaneously. If the ice key text were leftover, so would many more things, but it wasn't like PD from GE, where you took the exact game and reworked it. It's more like you created an engine, and then the teams went their separate ways (other than of course their joint Stop N Swop endeavor)

Old 24th April 2004, 09:51 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
It comes down to choice really do you want to belive in SnS or do you let it go? both sides have good arguments the faithful could say that rare has yet to tell us that they removed it but the nay-sayers could reply that if SnS was still in the game we would've found something by now. the irony of all this being that no conclusive proof has been found for either side, it's a case of "if you can't see it does it still exist?"
maybe maybe not but remember you can't see air but you know that exists...
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 25th April 2004, 08:42 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
You said that quite well. I believe it's still in the game and nothing will change that but confirmation from Rare that it isn't.

Old 25th April 2004, 09:50 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian1
I believe it's still in the game and nothing will change that but confirmation from Rare that it isn't.
That would be a great day, wouldn't it? I'd gather 'round all my grandchildren and do the connection thing... we'll have ice cream -- but not cake. My dentures might not be able to chew through anything solid.

</arrogant jerk>

Old 27th April 2004, 03:02 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
hehheh... real funny. Rare is always full of surpises, so you'll see SNS again. Remember, Rare never cans anything they don't intend to use again. Sabreman Stampede, It's Mr. Pants and Banjo Pilot are good examples of that!

Old 28th April 2004, 01:42 AM
Brash Breegull

I do want to believe in SnS, just like I want to believe there are fairies, but when the facts are added up it's pretty much futile to keep pursuing it.

Last edited by cyberen; 28th April 2004 at 01:46 AM.

Old 28th April 2004, 05:00 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Maybe SNS isn't in the the N64 games anymore. But it can return through remakes on the Xbox.

Old 28th April 2004, 08:09 PM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Total Awards: 2
Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Maybe SNS isn't in the the N64 games anymore. But it can return through remakes on the Xbox.
I'm not going to rule out the possibility of SnS making a return on the X-Box if there were remakes but...
1)Rare would need to make BK/BT remakes in the first place, and I don't really foresee that happening too soon (maybe some day, but not yet.)
2)If a remake of the games were to come out, I really doubt that SnS would be there. I mean sure, it would make some people happy, but it would also stir up old feelings about the original failed plans. "Let sleeping dogs lay" as they say.
3)Erm, ok, so they end up including SnS again in a BK/BT remake. However, then we run into the fact that it really just isn't SnS anymore because we aren't swapping anything. The fact of the matter is that it would be contained on one disc more than likely, and well, it just really isn't SnS in that case.
4)There really isn't much you could get with SnS either. Although we will probably never be sure of what exactly SnS would have done, it probably would have served the same purpose as the stuff in BT did, giving you like Dragon Kazooie and the like. It would just be like Super Mario 64. "Sweet, I just got all the stars! And Yoshi just gave me the super bonus by doing it by letting me know something and giving me 100 lives!" *Five minutes later* "Ok, time to play something else. It's not like 100 lives are going to make a difference now."

Really, I don't think SnS on a remake ofthe original games is really a good idea, as it wouldn't really serve much of a purpose, and would only make older fans that don't have an X-Box a little angry they didn't get it in the first place. However, having a SnS style secret thing on upcoming Banjo games (new adventure ones that is) would be somewhat cool.

But that's just what I think...

Old 28th April 2004, 10:23 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Keep in mind, that Rare has never once said that SNS involved Hot Swapping. That was the thought of the general public. And then there is still Mt. Fire Eyes (which could be HailFire Peaks, but do we know that>). And of course the fact of what is in those other 4 eggs. SNS would cause quite a stir up yes. A stir up of excitement!

Old 28th April 2004, 11:29 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
And then there is still Mt. Fire Eyes (which could be HailFire Peaks, but do we know that>).
Well, Mt. Fire Eyes was planned for BK but... there was an issue about cart space, wasn't there? Anyway, I don't think the fire side of HailFire Peaks is exactly what Mt. Fire Eyes was going to be, but I'm sure it served as some inspiration in the creation of HailFire Peaks.

At least, I think that's how it all went down

Old 29th April 2004, 12:55 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Well, Rare would have more info to place on a Xbox disc. They could include the level on a remake of B-K that must be unlocked from SNS!

Old 29th April 2004, 01:25 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Quote:
They could include the level on a remake of B-K that must be unlocked from SNS!
Granted they still have the rough design plans. I don't think they actually made the level, did they?

Old 29th April 2004, 01:35 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Well, there are pictures of the level. One or two that I've seen. And get this! In one of those pics is a door that resembled one of those doors in Grunty's Transformation Chamber!!

Old 29th April 2004, 02:04 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Keep in mind, that Rare has never once said that SNS involved Hot Swapping.
Thats what I said in the Blackeye thread a few days ago,I made quite a few other points and such,that is if you feel up to reading it...I tend to write long messages..hehe.Anyway I think that even if they don't include SNS in future BK games then they should at least do the next coolest thing and make the remaining items an intricate very important part of the story.But heck..we've already been around the entire island...it would be really cool if at the beginning we had to blow up the rocks in Gruntys lair and ride the boat in rusty bucket bay with the help of blackeye somwhere else..like Wellytop(Thats what I named the CBFD world cause I forgot the name,yes I named it after the code!)..and what would be even funnier is make Mr.Pants an important character...like the ACTUAL Boss,the one behind Grunty and all the evil in the Rare world,or just a partner for 2play coop.Actually you could have 2 seperate stories one for coop,and one for 1pl...oh well I'm just letting my imagination get the best of me.oh,one more Imagination thing what if rare made a mature title that had all of their owned characters involved,all the good characters on a team,and all of the evil characters are plotting some super evil thing.....oh well.Hey I think I mentioned this before but has anyone else noticed the DKR keys are the same sprite (or pretty close)as the ice key.I smell conspiracy!*Sarcasm*

Old 29th April 2004, 03:10 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Heh! Good imaginative ideas! But you know, we could also see Bottles' Revenge return!