Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 8th March 2004, 05:42 PM
Brash Breegull

Oh well, aren't there more important things to worry about? Really, when it comes right down to it can't we all just move on and forget about SnS? Maybe learning a lesson on the way, if yo don't hack, you'll never spawn a load of jerks spouting "I fOUnD
SNs!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111" or even make golden jiggy dream about that damn pirate (ok if i think about stuff too much i dream it!)

Shame about it, but i think we can all just accept it now can't we?

Old 10th March 2004, 03:17 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally posted by banjosrevenge
maybe one programmer was messing around decide to creat all this stuff when testing something and did'nt remove all of it
So then how come ALL the Rareware development teams that aren't just confined to banjo games know about it?

Old 10th March 2004, 05:51 PM
Brash Breegull

I'd just like to know a couple of things:

1. when was SnS canned
2. why
3. what keeps them adding references
4. what remnants remain

Old 10th March 2004, 09:14 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally posted by Hakey Wake
So then how come ALL the Rareware development teams that aren't just confined to banjo games know about it?
that was just a random thought

Old 11th March 2004, 03:56 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Stop 'N' Swop is one thing that I can't just forget about. I have put in 14+ hours since Wozza put the Tour up on the site. And my searching has not been in vain! Until I have confirmation from Rare dealing with SNS, I'll not give up!! I am searching for clues now!!

Old 11th March 2004, 04:42 AM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Stop N Swop is gone, and was the special that is on the RWP site. That's about it.

Old 11th March 2004, 06:17 AM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
Quote:
Originally posted by golden jiggy
or even make golden jiggy dream about that damn pirate (ok if i think about stuff too much i dream it!)
It's the same with me.. Over the 6 years of SnS I've had many dreams. The latest one not too long ago.

Gold Jinjo and I were playing BK and I stumbled across some unknown area and I said 'This is probably a dream' so i pinched myself and said 'Nope, not a dream.' then I said to Gold 'Even though I found it I'll still give you credit'

Then I woke up and for about 15 seconds i was as happy as possible. Then reality set in... I've probably had 10+ dreams that I remember

Error ID: 10T. Rage Buffer overflow.

Old 11th March 2004, 02:49 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally posted by Gaming Master2k
Gold Jinjo and I were playing BK and I stumbled across some unknown area and I said 'This is probably a dream' so i pinched myself and said 'Nope, not a dream.' then I said to Gold 'Even though I found it I'll still give you credit'
Oh good... I'm not the only one who's had a dream where I've met someone from RWP...

Old 11th March 2004, 05:40 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaming Master2k
I've probably had 10+ dreams that I remember
I've had 15 or 20 lord of the rings dreams. All as wierd as the last.

Old 11th March 2004, 07:20 PM
Fruitcake

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
I've had a few RWP guys show up in my dreams before... can't remember exactly who, but there were a few. I keep haivng dreams where I'm an angel of death, and I'm killing people and bringing global destruction. Fun. I actually made an original character out of those dreams, too. Scary thing is that I have them at least twice a week. o_O

And yes... Kuja has appeared in many of my dreams.

Old 11th March 2004, 09:53 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally posted by banjosrevenge
that was just a random thought
As was my post, I don't even know if all Rareware staff do know or not.

Old 12th March 2004, 05:36 AM
Glowbo

From what I know speaking to Rare my self, the idea was canned long before Banjo-Tooie came out.
They most likely still toy around with it simply because of the massive fan excitement about the issue.
I mean come on, if your on the development team and you saw that everyone was going nuts over Stop N Swop, are you telling
me you wouldn't stick something like a picture of the secrets in the sequel just to continue toying with people?

These Rare employees are mysterious people, they like to taunt you.
The whole time Powerboy (the staff member from R-E) was at Rare, the Rare employees were up to non stop mischief.
The entire tour it self was carefully set up, they purposely removed employees from certain areas just in case some real
gold was spilled. They also purposely made sure everyone at the company had lunch at the exact same time when Powerboy
was in the cafeteria (even though normally Rare employees can come and go as they please when ever they want).
There’s a few things we left out of the tour but let me just say, Rare loves toying with people and they did so on our tour.

Stop N Swop is totally over and believe me, we're it, no ones going to be able to revive the issue with Rare again, they
specifically told us it was a "buried issue" and that it was going to stay buried.
Yet... they love reading about it, they are fully aware of everything that goes on here and at R-E.
We were specifically told this.

The idea behind the ice key basically was as the Banjo Kazooie tepid seat put it (can't remember the exact quote) you can use the eggs and ice key in the sequel
which will bring bonuses to players. However, players don’t have to use the ice key and eggs to finish the game.

This is exactly what happened in Banjo-Tooie, you didn't have to use the eggs and key to finish the game but.. if you did, you got the kazooie dragon bonus.

That’s basically it, Rare never once hinted at hot swapping cartridges in any scribes or announcements.
That was entirely speculation started by sites like Rarenet.

Quote:
Originally posted by cyberen
gosh all this build-up and still no clue....

I mean if SnS was never meant, how long were they into production of B-K or B-T when they realized that?

and why do they tempt us with pics around Captain Blackeye?

Old 12th March 2004, 07:55 PM
Brash Breegull

as described by a certain website, SnS was planned, but canned when the 64DD was.

but then why couldn't they make Tooie a lock-on cartridge?

Old 12th March 2004, 07:57 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally posted by rare-extremewoz
That’s basically it, Rare never once hinted at hot swapping cartridges in any scribes or announcements.
That was entirely speculation started by sites like Rarenet.
Oh indeed. Never mind the title Stop N Swop, and that Mumbo -- ahh feck it.

Hey, look over there... it's something else! *runs away from the Banjo forum forever*

Old 13th March 2004, 09:55 PM
Glowbo

Yes that's basically it. But I think they aren't giving us all the details just yet. However, I really hope you people begin to learn your lessons about Rare-Extreme. THEY FUDGE THE TRUTH! I doubt this "surprise" they speak of is any good. Rearding that it even exists in the first place.