Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #166  
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:14 PM
HomsaHedgehog HomsaHedgehog is offline
Brash Breegull
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: One step forward and two steps back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Mario View Post
OK fine. You guys keep orgasming over DKCR, because I don't see anything so great about it. The original DKCs were awesome, however this one looks like it might end up like NSMBWii-- only fun with friends over, and zero replayability. In my opinion. Sonic Colors is probably the most spectacular thing i've seen thus far worth my 50 dollars.
Honestly, DKCR looks great. SC looks like shit.

And that's not bias speaking. I actually liked Sonic up until TSR. I found New DKs good, but not as good as Rare's DKs.

Also, I reffering to the person speaking should be capitalized like this: I like cake...
__________________
Lurking, currently.
Medium Rare: Somewhat off-topic, I love the word 'multipayer'. It's a better description of XBL than 'multiplayer'.
Reply With Quote


  #167  
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:17 PM
Mandolin's Avatar
Mandolin Mandolin is offline
Strangest Member '08 - '10
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Mario View Post
The original DKCs were awesome, however this one looks like it might end up like NSMBWii-- only fun with friends over, and zero replayability.
I've replayed New Super Mario Bros. Wii like six times. It's an awesome game and I never tire of it.
__________________
If trouble is afoot, call me Quentin Tarantino.
Reply With Quote


  #168  
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:24 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Rare Witch Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: My computer chair
Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomsarHedgehog View Post
Honestly, DKCR looks great. SC looks like shit.

And that's not bias speaking. I actually liked Sonic up until TSR. I found New DKs good, but not as good as Rare's DKs.
That would be called "bias" Homsar. You know, basing your opinion on previous happenings? Sonic Colors looks like a decent game being that it looks like the day levels of Sonic Unleashed, which were amazingly entertaining. You've got no reason or haven't produced anything to say that Sonic Colors will be a bad game other than "the other ones were".
__________________
I have all the cookies but oatmeal. - 1UP
Reply With Quote


  #169  
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:36 PM
HomsaHedgehog HomsaHedgehog is offline
Brash Breegull
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: One step forward and two steps back
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T View Post
That would be called "bias" Homsar. You know, basing your opinion on previous happenings? Sonic Colors looks like a decent game being that it looks like the day levels of Sonic Unleashed, which were amazingly entertaining. You've got no reason or haven't produced anything to say that Sonic Colors will be a bad game other than "the other ones were".
Strange, I only played one other Sonic game since then, (Unless Rush Adventure came after...) leaving 2 Sonic games I didn't like only, and so now I have a bias against Sonic?

Also, I'll admit, I haven't seen the wii version, but I have seen the DS version. Screenshots, at least. It looks like Rush. (Which was good, but the engine made it hard for me for some reason... I just liked Rush's levels...)
__________________
Lurking, currently.
Medium Rare: Somewhat off-topic, I love the word 'multipayer'. It's a better description of XBL than 'multiplayer'.
Reply With Quote


  #170  
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:59 PM
Mandolin's Avatar
Mandolin Mandolin is offline
Strangest Member '08 - '10
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T View Post
That would be called "bias" Homsar. You know, basing your opinion on previous happenings? Sonic Colors looks like a decent game being that it looks like the day levels of Sonic Unleashed, which were amazingly entertaining. You've got no reason or haven't produced anything to say that Sonic Colors will be a bad game other than "the other ones were".
Really, bro? So, precedent is totally unimportant? Do we simply ignore the fact that all three previous DKC games have been 100% win, and that Sonic hasn't been in a real quality game since the Adventure days? I think considering what's happened before helps us make informed decisions about the future, but that's just me.
__________________
If trouble is afoot, call me Quentin Tarantino.
Reply With Quote


  #171  
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:06 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Rare Witch Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: My computer chair
Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomsarHedgehog View Post
Strange, I only played one other Sonic game since then, (Unless Rush Adventure came after...) leaving 2 Sonic games I didn't like only, and so now I have a bias against Sonic?
Yes.
Quote:
Also, I'll admit, I haven't seen the wii version, but I have seen the DS version. Screenshots, at least. It looks like Rush. (Which was good, but the engine made it hard for me for some reason... I just liked Rush's levels...)
So you haven't even seen the game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4O3w0SEuVM
__________________
I have all the cookies but oatmeal. - 1UP
Reply With Quote


  #172  
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:41 AM
Starblazer's Avatar
Starblazer Starblazer is offline
Mr. Pants
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Really, bro? So, precedent is totally unimportant? Do we simply ignore the fact that all three previous DKC games have been 100% win, and that Sonic hasn't been in a real quality game since the Adventure days? I think considering what's happened before helps us make informed decisions about the future, but that's just me.
Hm, wow. So much ignorance... in one post. Amazing. The first 3 DKCs were awesome. Does it mean DKCR will be awesome? No. Nothing is set in stone, here. You see, DKCR has a possibility to suck-- I'm not hating on the franchise. However, just because a series has garnered a good rep, doesn't mean every game after that will be good. For one, it's a new developer. Retro has never made a DKC game. Consider that... Sonic Colors is just awesome, visually, and gameplay wise IMO. If you've played Unleashed's day stages (and not just saying "OH THA WEREHAWG SUX SO THA GAEM SUX!") you can see that Sonic Team put some effort/feeling into it's gameplay structure. It's fun-- I couldn't find anything wrong with them. THAT'S THE ENTIRE SONIC COLORS GAME, AND THEN SOME. Jason's gone, praise the Lord, and we get Roger C. Smith who is GOOD not to mention, uh... I dunno ENTHUSIASTIC? I'm not saying that voices make or break a game, but it's what gives it it's flavor. It's personality. Good gameplay + Good voices + Good soundtrack + Beautiful Graphics = GOD DAMN THIS GAME IS EPIC

as for DKCR, well...
__________________
I took the hinges and put em in the ****boy's hands
Formerly Galactic Mario || Call me Max if you want [:
Nintendo Network ID: Zeroman :banjo
Reply With Quote


  #173  
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:51 AM
Mandolin's Avatar
Mandolin Mandolin is offline
Strangest Member '08 - '10
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Mario View Post
Hm, wow. So much ignorance... in one post. Amazing. The first 3 DKCs were awesome. Does it mean DKCR will be awesome? No. Nothing is set in stone, here. You see, DKCR has a possibility to suck-- I'm not hating on the franchise. However, just because a series has garnered a good rep, doesn't mean every game after that will be good. For one, it's a new developer. Retro has never made a DKC game. Consider that... Sonic Colors is just awesome, visually, and gameplay wise IMO. If you've played Unleashed's day stages (and not just saying "OH THA WEREHAWG SUX SO THA GAEM SUX!") you can see that Sonic Team put some effort/feeling into it's gameplay structure. It's fun-- I couldn't find anything wrong with them. THAT'S THE ENTIRE SONIC COLORS GAME, AND THEN SOME. Jason's gone, praise the Lord, and we get Roger C. Smith who is GOOD not to mention, uh... I dunno ENTHUSIASTIC? I'm not saying that voices make or break a game, but it's what gives it it's flavor. It's personality. Good gameplay + Good voices + Good soundtrack + Beautiful Graphics = GOD DAMN THIS GAME IS EPIC

as for DKCR, well...
Holy shit, you're an idiot.

I have every reason to believe that DKCR will be good because every past DKC game has been good. It's called "precedent", and it's used to make informed decisions about the future. On the other hand, 3D Sonic games have a history of sucking. Thus, it's reasonable to assume that this new one will suck as well. Every time a new Sonic game is announced, Sonic fans look at the trailers, declare it "the game that will redeem the franchise", and then it comes out and it's shit. I'm using my experience to make my decision. There's nothing ignorant about it.

What you're saying is essentially, "Gee, the last three times I [had an orgasm / hit myself on the head with a hammer] were [heavenly / a cavalcade of pain and regret]... but there's no reason to assume that next time I do it, it won't be [terrible / awesome]!!" And DKCR has good music, good graphics, and excellent gameplay, too. Surely you're not making your decision based entirely on the voice work, are you?

Not that it'd surprise me at this point.
__________________
If trouble is afoot, call me Quentin Tarantino.
Reply With Quote


  #174  
Old 3rd September 2010, 01:11 AM
Starblazer's Avatar
Starblazer Starblazer is offline
Mr. Pants
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyperbolic Time Chamber
MORE IGNORANCE! HOO-F**KING-RAY!

So when Sonic Colors comes out and it's better than DKCR, just remember I have every right to say I told you so. REMEMBER THAT.
__________________
I took the hinges and put em in the ****boy's hands
Formerly Galactic Mario || Call me Max if you want [:
Nintendo Network ID: Zeroman :banjo
Reply With Quote


  #175  
Old 3rd September 2010, 01:13 AM
TRBB's Avatar
TRBB TRBB is offline
Von Kriplespac
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
OPINIONS ~ Everyone has them.
Reply With Quote


  #176  
Old 3rd September 2010, 01:28 AM
Mandolin's Avatar
Mandolin Mandolin is offline
Strangest Member '08 - '10
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Mario View Post
MORE IGNORANCE! HOO-F**KING-RAY!

So when Sonic Colors comes out and it's better than DKCR, just remember I have every right to say I told you so. REMEMBER THAT.
I want to break your face.

I'm ignorant because I'm making an informed, intelligent decision that takes history into consideration?

F*** you, guy.

And yeah, SC better than DKCR. What a laugh. Yeah, OK. I'll tell you what. If you're right and I'm wrong, I'll not only let you say "I told you so", I'll personally fly to your house and give your dog a blow job. And I feel comfortable saying that because the very idea of a 3D Sonic game being better than a DKC game is laughable.

Like I said, I want SC to be good. I hope it is. But I really, really doubt it will be.
__________________
If trouble is afoot, call me Quentin Tarantino.
Reply With Quote


  #177  
Old 3rd September 2010, 02:00 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Rare Witch Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: My computer chair
Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Ok. You have reasons to believe that DKCR will be good. Do you have a reason to believe SC will be bad?
__________________
I have all the cookies but oatmeal. - 1UP
Reply With Quote


  #178  
Old 3rd September 2010, 02:29 AM
Mandolin's Avatar
Mandolin Mandolin is offline
Strangest Member '08 - '10
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T View Post
Ok. You have reasons to believe that DKCR will be good. Do you have a reason to believe SC will be bad?
Sure I do. It's a 3D Sonic game made by Sonic Team. Such games have been mediocre at best and terrible at worst. And most of them looked good when the promos and trailers started hitting magazines and the 'net. Sure, SC looks good now, and we all have that faint hope, in the back of our brains, of seeing the franchise finally redeemed. But, all I'm sayin' is, we've been there before, and each time we've been met with disappointment. My heart hopes it's great. My brain doubts it will be.
__________________
If trouble is afoot, call me Quentin Tarantino.
Reply With Quote


  #179  
Old 3rd September 2010, 02:44 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Rare Witch Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: My computer chair
Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Sure I do. It's a 3D Sonic game made by Sonic Team. Such games have been mediocre at best and terrible at worst. And most of them looked good when the promos and trailers started hitting magazines and the 'net. Sure, SC looks good now, and we all have that faint hope, in the back of our brains, of seeing the franchise finally redeemed. But, all I'm sayin' is, we've been there before, and each time we've been met with disappointment. My heart hopes it's great. My brain doubts it will be.
The gameplay looks exactly like the Day levels of SU. SU Day levels are praised as the best 3D Sonic experience to date. If the Sonic Cycle were to insue, it would have a bit earlier in development. I think what you see is what you get is in full effect here.
__________________
I have all the cookies but oatmeal. - 1UP
Reply With Quote


  #180  
Old 3rd September 2010, 04:28 AM
Tee-Hee's Avatar
Tee-Hee Tee-Hee is offline
Dingpot
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Plus, it's not their IP. They have to work within the guidelines set down by the IP's owner.
__________________
Fidello: A Weasel's Tale - A fangame/tribute by Tee-Hee
I'll probably be playing Banjo games well into retirement.
Reply With Quote


Reply


User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Forums powered by vBulletin® Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website © 2000-∞ The RWP