Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 25th July 2006, 08:00 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Y'know, if Banjo-Kazooie's intro messes up, someone should try doing that with DK64 instead.

And then SM64. Why SM64? Well any game could be used for this expirement. It's just to see if any game's intro would mess up; if it's only Banjo-Kazooie, then it must mean something... or not.

Old 25th July 2006, 11:54 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
Listen to the Jukebox's Shopping Around Town theme and blow up Clockwork Kazooie in Blackeye's room. Oh yeah, and if you cold swap after doing so, Banjo-Kazooie's intro will mess up. And it only works once.
It doesn't mess up BK's Intro, does it? I remember trying to cold swap just to see if anything happened. Nothing did. I even flew around TTC a little and looked to see if anything was different with SharkFood Island. Nothing. So, I decided to try it again today. I cold swapped as soon as I heard the seagulls. Nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Old 26th July 2006, 12:44 AM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
When you cold swap, you should try swapping the games as fast as possible. I know it's not just my cartridge because the same thing happened to Chilly Dark and someone else who I can't remember.

Also, activating the seagull music and simply touching the cartridge enough for it to move the slightest bit freezes the game.

Old 27th July 2006, 04:09 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomario
in the mean time while i learn to hack, does anyone have a small theory they want me to try out or anything to check on and research whether its a small crack found or a starnge area behind a wall etc?

As a matter of fact yes i do have a place i would like you to try your hacking on. In RBB in the control room(the room with the TTC map with the X on it) there is a door. You can only see it by going into banjo's eye view and swinging the camera around but it seems a little to detailed to be just scenery. If anyone else wants to have a crack at hacking that door i'd appriciate it.

Old 27th July 2006, 11:25 AM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
SNS activator is hidden in B-T. Maybe when we used cheats and destroyed Jolly's door then we"killed" activator?

Old 27th July 2006, 11:31 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL
SNS activator is hidden in B-T.
What leads you to believe that?

Old 27th July 2006, 11:35 AM
Missing Hero

What?... Rare's reaction after Bottles'Revenge discovered by RWP:
"I didn't expect the ashes of the ashes of the ashes that was once Stop n' Swap to keep being raked over. The guys at the Rare Witch Project have come pretty close to solving that, but of course we're not going to reveal the whole truth to them as it would spoil their fun. They'll need all their hacking prowess if we ever release BK3 as not only will it connect to the first two games, but WOPPA from War Games and the NASA mainframe. Maybe even Captain Skyhawk 2"-Scribes,March 2005

Its looks like that B-K and B-T are connected and Bottles'Revenge is ultimate Stop N Swop prize in B-T.

Here you are RWP member's explanation what Rare said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zy0n7
part of a scribes response sent to rare some time ago.
read it carefully -surely most of you have read it before-
well, now, think, "pretty close to solving that" "reveal the whole truth" reveal what? In my view that means SNS is not dead! "BK3...as not only will it connect to the first two games.." that sentence means clearly that those two games -BK; BT- CAN be connected -or was it just rare's corrosive humor?-

Last edited by BanjoPL; 27th July 2006 at 11:57 AM.

Old 27th July 2006, 11:57 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
BK3...as not only will it connect to the first two games.." that sentence means clearly that those two games -BK; BT- CAN be connected -or was it just rare's corrosive humor?
Here's the complete quote:
Quote:
They'll need all their hacking prowess if we ever release BK3 as not only will it connect to the first two games, but WOPPA from War Games and the NASA mainframe. Maybe even Captain Skyhawk 2.
I'm sure it's their corrosive humor stuff.

BUT you made a good point, the scribes guy really said that after Bottles' Revenge was found.

Last edited by LaorBR; 27th July 2006 at 12:10 PM.

Old 27th July 2006, 12:02 PM
Missing Hero

They're joking about when Banjo-Threeie will released then RWP must need all hackers powers to crack big secret in third game.But strange is text "pretty close to solving that"
AFTER Bottles'Revenge!

I tell you something LaorBR: I found SNS mystery in 2003.I readed on RWP that SNS was canned.And i believe in this.But in 2004 when RWP found BR hope back to me! Then i read Rare Scribes 2000-2006,RWP articles and read RWP forum.I found article about SNS board and Devil Bottles pictures in GBTG.This tell me that SNS works and secret level exist in B-K(or DK64)and BR is ultimate SNS prize in B-T.The same statement give me March 2005 Scribes!

Last edited by BanjoPL; 27th July 2006 at 12:11 PM.

Old 27th July 2006, 12:09 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
But strange is text "pretty close to solving that"
AFTER Bottles'Revenge!
That's what I meant, you made a good point.
But they never mentioned Bottles' Revenge. What if they were simply acknowledging the sandcastle codes' findings?

Old 27th July 2006, 12:13 PM
Missing Hero

THEY MENTIONED! In November 2001 Scribes:
NOVEMBER 8, 2001

Dear Scribey-like glowing thingies,
I got a few questions that I have spent hours and hours pondering over like several mad doctors do.
1. I recently saw a Banjo-Tooie montage, and I was wondering why there was a pic of a RED Bottles with a pitchfork in his hand, I have never seen him in the game, what exactly is it?
"
Ah, good. Start with a rubbish one.
1. itis dEV1L #BOtTaLS!!1/! HEis in aSECrerT su#bGAEm cAlleD ,B0TalS rEViNGE!!!@!

Look:They said"he is" not "he was"..."Secret subgame"...wasn't always Rare mentioned as "secrets" SNS stuffs?
"Subgame"...Game that we can't activate in normal gameplay?

Why they put both SNS board and Devil Bottles pictures in GBTG? Maybe they try tell us something?

Last edited by BanjoPL; 27th July 2006 at 12:24 PM.

Old 27th July 2006, 02:31 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Devil Bottles and his minigame were known since E3 2000. It was fully playable, and they never mentioned it as an unlockable or linked to SnS. I'm not saying that this is not possible, it's just that they never mentioned.
Nice thing you brought that up tho. I had never seen that before.

Mental note: next time the scribes guy talks in 1337, he oughta be saying the truth.

Old 27th July 2006, 02:53 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaorBR
What leads you to believe that?
I believe Rare mentioned going back to Kazooie.
So, if that were to be true, and assuming the trigger's still hidden, Tooie would be the most logical place, no?

Old 27th July 2006, 04:39 PM
Missing Hero

First of all...November 2001 Scribes is real-its not joke!
You can found Nov 08 2001 Scribes on net archive.
And in fact scribes guy said TRUTH!
Devil Bottles IS not was in secret subgame.
Why Rare said that RWP has pretty close to solve SNS after found Bottles'Revenge? Why they mentioned BR as"secret subgame"?
Why they put both SNS board and Devil Bottles pictures in GBTG? Maybe when we complete "homework" then we will can play Devil Bottles subgame?
The only extra hidden feature that we can found in B-T and we can't unlock it in normal gameplay is BR.On B-T montage Rare put Devil Bottles.They put him face in TOT.They put him pictures in GBTG.Maybe 4 eggs and ice key stuff on board releate to B-T? We collected only 3 eggs and ice key.One egg requaried.Maybe this 4th egg will unlock DB secret subgame? Heggy said that we found all eggs in B-T...so maybe we must transfer 4th egg from B-K?
There must be way to unlock Bottles'Revenge without GS! Red Bottles=Red Egg?

Maybe SNS is in critical form(because Rambus changed in 2000) and some prizes(maybe co-op mode in B-T,secret level in B-T,Flume of Doom minigame in B-T) was canned.Maybe only secret level in B-K(and maybe in DK64) and Bottles'Revenge in B-T we can unlock via SNS?

I analizes Blackeye's texts in B-T:
"I had a dream once"-he see something that will happen in future...sometime dream releate to future...
"I were in this fine game"-in his dream he is in B-K
"A bear stole me glory looked a bit like you e'did"-he see that Banjo stole his glory...maybe eggs that he want collect and then he see that bear throw eggs to Captain's chest and use it to stole eggs from "fine game"
In my point Captain said about something that will happen...He dreaming about somethnig that will happen in B-K.Pictures behind him releates to SNS...pink egg and red egg has connection in B-K you know:the same SNS music in SFI and Captain's'Cabin,X on map in RBB where SFI is...the chests...big in B-K...big and small in B-T...small for small egg...big for big egg...small for pink egg(this egg became as"small"in B-T) and big for red egg(this egg not became in B-T and in B-K is in big size)...maybe we will throw pink and red eggs to chest in B-K then we will collect pink egg from small chest and red egg from big chest in B-T.

Uff...Finish!
Sorry about loooong post...but this represent my recent SNS ideas...
I'm hope that Banjo Team will include next SNS hints in Viva Pinata!

Last edited by BanjoPL; 28th July 2006 at 04:20 PM.

Old 28th July 2006, 12:29 AM
Jinjo

thats a good read lol but I think his Dream was refering to the origonal design for BK projeckt " dream" and his glory was being the main char in it at least thats what i belive