Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 24th July 2006, 11:38 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Lightbulb "jukebox/character parade" clues

Good day, everyone! I've made some more observations (regarding the jukebox and the character parade) that I think may be clues to solving SNS or something along those lines. I don't know if these have been mentioned before, especially in the massive "four out of six eggs" sticky thread, but here they are in case they slipped by unnoticed. To wit:

1. Some time ago, I read that if you don't listen to the jukebox until after you have finished the game, the tracks "Zombified Throne Room" and "Party at Bottles" appear in the roster even if you'd never heard them before. However, the song "Sad Jinjo Houses" is absent unless you entered an empty jinjo house before. This leads me to believe that "SJH" is used along with "Shopping Around Town" and the seagull trick to unlock whatever it is this trick is hiding. Perhaps someone should check this out?

2. Two things about the character parade strike me as odd. First of all is the fact that such a trivial feature is hidden away in the game, (in much the same manner as the "Chosen One Y" code, might I add!) leading me to believe that something is subtly stashed in there. Secondly, isn't it a bit weird that Captain Blackeye is introduced between Trotty and Piggles? I mean, why would two characters who are so closely related be separated, especially when one of the strangest figures in Banjo lore is placed between them? This reeks of secrets. It's almost as though they had placed Devil Bottles between Chilli Billi and Chilly Willy.

3. With all this in mind, I've come up with a theory. Perhaps you're supposed to enter JRL after having gained the "Jukebox" cheat with all the cheato pages, then talk to those three characters in the order suggested by the parade. You then go to the jukebox and listen to the tracks (most likely the four listed above) in a certain order, and finally do the seagull trick. If you do it right, Blackeye might react in a certain way and enable you to progress. The thing is, neither of the pigs talk after you get their jiggy, and Blackeye's drunken collapse after you talk to him a certain number of times might mean that he's lost his in-game purpose, making it hard for a player who doesn't know what he/she is doing to accidentally reach the hidden secret.

I really don't know, but one thing's for sure:
something's cooking at JRL, and it's not seaman's surprise.

Old 25th July 2006, 02:08 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
lol, nice theory AND closing line. *goes to format BT cart to try* Think the jiggywiggyspecial may screw it up any?

Old 25th July 2006, 04:25 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Do any other songs show up on there even if you haven't heard it before?

I wouldn't think something that DOESN'T show up would be what you need to play since if you think about it, once all the Jinjos are found, you wouldn't be able to hear the sad Jinjo house music anymore and thus activating whatever this would be would be impossible...

But since those 2 that you mention appear after you beat the game, they might be part of something.

Old 25th July 2006, 10:24 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Very cool ideas!!! I believe that certain songs must plays in certain order to to activate seagull legally.Maybe really 4 songs? Jukebox has 4 squares..
Maybe some those songs:
-Sad Jinjo House
-Happy Jinjo House
-Party At Bottles'
-Hag 1
-Roll the Credits
-???

Any ideas?

Last edited by BanjoPL; 25th July 2006 at 11:15 AM.

Old 25th July 2006, 09:13 PM

Regarding what crosseyes said, I admit I have contrasting feelings about the "Jiggywiggy Special" cheat. It may be an easy way for a player to reach JRL after having found out how to unlock the secret (maybe from Banjo Threeie?), but it could also be a trap to make the process defunct, like "CHEATO xobekuJ" is suspected to be. However, the fact that Captain Blackeye is back to normal (in other words, not drunk and mumbling) every time you re-play the game suggests that starting over to try again is as simple as erasing your file. I would suggest trying it one way, and if it doesn't work, trying it the other way.

By the way, Blackeye is not the only character in JRL who repeats the same lines of dialogue over and over. Hardly anyone (if anyone at all, as far as I've read) has mentioned that Lord Woo Fak Fak does the exact same thing after he's been defeated. He says a series of seemingly meaningless lines when you hang around the locker ("I used to be a hero! didn't you know?") and another series when you shoot at him ("Oi! Please stop doing that! I am dead and have no more jiggies!"). Some further exploration is at hand here, guys...

Old 26th July 2006, 05:07 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
Zomny-ling does it too, don't forget that. He has some interesting dialouge too, something about woo fark fark is in there.

Old 26th July 2006, 07:23 AM
Jinjo

Doesn't it have something to do with "Lord Woo Fak Fak went fishing with my father" or something??

1949-2005

Old 26th July 2006, 07:29 AM
Brash Breegull

I think it was something like "Lord Woo and I go way back. Sometimes we go fishing together, but I'm not supposed to tell anyone ... "

P_L for Registered User

Old 26th July 2006, 04:29 PM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
This make sense! Cheats are traps that"killed" SNS activator...
Someone should beat B-T on 100%(90 jiggies and 25 cheato pages)without:
1.Using ANY cheats
2.Destroyed Jolly's door.
Maybe i will try again...

Maybe Rare not reveal SNS yet because they have plan to reveal it in Banjo-Threeie?

Last edited by BanjoPL; 26th July 2006 at 05:00 PM.

Old 26th July 2006, 06:32 PM
Glowbo

What door dose everybody keep talking about!?

Gettin' Jiggy With It!

Old 26th July 2006, 06:46 PM
Dingpot

The room you go in at Jollys to learn the underwater egg aiming move. You pay to get in (cheapy.)

Old 26th July 2006, 07:31 PM
Glowbo

I may not be exactly up to date on the SNS stuff as I have just been reading stuff and not contributing really, but doesn't the game require the underwater egg aiming move to complete at 100% without cheats ?

Old 26th July 2006, 07:46 PM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Isn't there an area in JRL where the seagull song actually plays though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smp1151
I may not be exactly up to date on the SNS stuff as I have just been reading stuff and not contributing really, but doesn't the game require the underwater egg aiming move to complete at 100% without cheats ?
Yes. You can pay a few doubloons to open the door too.

Old 26th July 2006, 08:14 PM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
How do I put this about the old seagull thing? Oh, song will work:

You’re a mean one, Mr. Glitch
You really are a heel!
Your misleading all attracts us
Makes us see things that aren’t real
Mr. Gliiiitch!

You’re a seagull, Mr. Glitch
From BT before 02!
Your tunes it leads to deadends
What else can we do

I wouldn’t touch you a
Ana-log con-troller it’s true!

Old 27th July 2006, 11:38 PM

Hey! I've just noticed something. All the characters that repeat the same lines of dialogue over and over have some sort of important title in their names! (Captain Blackeye, King Jingaling, Lord Woo Fak Fak) Do you suppose this might be a subtle clue suggesting that all these characters, who seem to become purposeless after a certain event in the game, are actually connected in the same secret plotline? Discuss.