Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 6th July 2008, 03:02 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Well thats narrowed it down heaps fox . Well lets just look for remnants of debug codes and Freeze digits, then were done. I highly doubt that we'll ever get a working SNS, unless someone recovers a BETA copy of BT but were not even sure if one was made, so I doubt that will happen either. I do beleive that something small could be discovered in the freeze digits, but thats about it, not to knowledgable about debug stuff, someone care to fill me in?

Old 7th July 2008, 05:47 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver
Well wouldn't the debug menu have been found through hacking already?
Debug codes are Extremely hard to hack. I'm a pretty advanced hacker, so I should know. It involves ASM, Rom Hacking...and stuff like that. We know for a fact that a debug menu exists in Banjo-Tooie because it's been randomly activated by Icemario/Subdrag . We've never gotten a working code for it though.

I'm also confident that we are missing a KEY remnant in Donkey Kong64. Hur hur, that being the Ice-Key. I know where to look, but again...Nemu64 doesn't like the Donkey Kong64 games...That's why I'm working on my own Cheat Engine for Project64 1.6 that will allow us to use Break-Pointing.

Old 7th July 2008, 07:05 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
until today

Ive actiivated the 1st on the list

on the video its located at 16 seconds next to VI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kCSsz5xXf6c

activate this code in the PAL version 8002E258 0001 (or 0002 and 0003)

and the game gets ****** up

screenshot- http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tooiest2.jpg

am I on the right tracks of something?

I have a theory on how the list of codes on the video will work

Basically each code has a status stating either that the code is
. running
. runable
. waiting
. stopped

The code will work if the code states runable next to it. Which is why I can get the 1st code to work
The next row titled IDLE is runable but its freezing the game. Im guessing that TIOT or CIC-1605 need to be runable to get IDLE to work.

Last edited by ssj; 7th July 2008 at 07:26 PM.

Old 8th July 2008, 06:57 PM
Formerly Frozyn

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence 
Red face

Errr...i would like to join the twilight brigade, if i may . my hacking is laughable but im getting better, slowly but surely (well, n64 game hacking anyaway ). i also tweak with glitches a lot. i have found a weird glitch in tooie, though thats in another thread: http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...853#post308853
well, if i can join, then hooray in advanced, and if a can't join, then i shall whoop for the twilight brigade's ever-expanding search, i dont have a lot of things to do either, so i can expirement for a while. (Though it may not be of any importance) I am studying the areas where you collect the S'N'S eggs and the Ice key and finding out what makes that area important (cause i feel that will bring me to some answers...)

Old 8th July 2008, 09:42 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Your welcome to join, but until you can hack, your not going to be much help, unfortunately. If you want to do some personal research, go ahead. Anything that you find that you think could be of some use, pop it in here. The chances are we've seen it, but the off-chance that we haven't may pay off.

Old 8th July 2008, 10:01 PM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 
I wish to join and help. I may not be able to hack (yet) but I can still search BT on the console for anything you've found by hacking.

Old 8th July 2008, 10:08 PM
Formerly Frozyn

Frozyn joined the twilight brigade!!!!! (plays the weird zelda tune, Frozyn starts glowing, backround fades)
EDITZ!!!: Can i join the twilight brigade group, or do i have to be a (exceptionaly) good hacker tp join???
updatez: like i said, i was researching for the different egg locations, so far i have a *theory* on why the pink egg was placed in TTC:

<*>A rumour i heard was the TTC was going to be hammerhead beach... so, as stupid as it may sound, maybe the pink egg could have been in sharkfood island (ok n00bish theory here: ) sharkfood island could have been made as a remembrance of HHB (hammerhead beach), and the pink egg was there to top the remembrance with whip cream!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!1 Just a thought, and im currently investigating the blue ? egg...

Last edited by SentientScarecrow420; 8th July 2008 at 11:30 PM.

Old 9th July 2008, 12:24 AM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
Thumbs up

A lot of us weren't great hackers when we joined. I stll *cringe* remember the days when I asked the difference between 81 and 80 codes on the n64 *shudder*
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...read.php?t=940 :o:o:o

Old 9th July 2008, 02:34 AM
Formerly Frozyn

well, its not that im not good at hacking, it just im newer at hacking nintendo 64 ROM's...its not much, but i hack snes roms and such (mainly super mario world...)

Old 9th July 2008, 03:40 AM
Jinjo

Hrmm... If my attempt to establish the Spiral Moutain Mythos Project fails, i may too joint the TB... No hacking experience though. Frozyn, i'm starting SMMP to help newer hackers/ investigators/ whatevers learn the basics by hacking BK/BT/DK64. Sorry if people are getting pissed by me plugging my idea, but i really don't want to be alone in this...

Old 9th July 2008, 06:37 AM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 
I wanna learn how to hack.

Old 9th July 2008, 10:26 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
A lot of us weren't great hackers when we joined. I stll *cringe* remember the days when I asked the difference between 81 and 80 codes on the n64 *shudder*
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...read.php?t=940 :o:o:o
Hahahahahahaha Silly you, how on earth couldnt you tell the difference between them? ... ... ... ............................. . ... .... ..... .. ..

Old 9th July 2008, 11:17 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
@ Frozyn: Please remember that we ARE a serious group here. Were not theorisers. Dont confuse us with that.

@ Hat: I can't hack for crap and even I know the difference.

@quick: How on earth do you expect nem members to learn about SNS and hacking if you dont have a clue about either? Its probably better if you left the teaching to us, man.

@ Final Smash: If you want to learn to hack, then try looking in the Hacking forum. Runehero (one other leader here) made a very good thread on how to hack, so I'd reccomend looking through that.

@ Everyone who reads this thread: You dont need to be able to hack to join... but seriously, without some sort of hacking skill, your not going to be much help at all. If you wan't to join, but can't hack, try learning, or at least research some things about the games. Theorys are not our friends here.

Old 10th July 2008, 01:15 AM
Formerly Frozyn

ok, well i dont want to be a slow-down to the group, so i shall improve my some-what hacking skills before i join
and I'm not trying to theorise, its just i have a very weirdo version of banjo kazooie (the coolROMs file doesnt unzip on my computer, so i have to search for a ROM that PJ64 actually reads, though i will try to find a good hackable banjo kazooie...) im not sure what version it is, and if all else fails, i shall download the japanese version, get some use out of that. (japan rules )

Old 10th July 2008, 10:58 AM
Jinjo

Yea i dont know how to hack, but i thought of starting on BK as a chance to start learning. I also hoped some people with a little bit of hacking experience would join the project so other members as well as myself could learn a little bit. But, i guess im going to get attacked for what i say here too so whatever.

Tags
hacking