Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 21st July 2006, 02:04 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
The Seagul Mystery...

I have some theories on this. I was going to post a short video, but it kept messing up when I tried to save it, so I'll stick with a TXT:

Ok, Rareware said something about the sound of seagulls after a CK egg? Well, this wouldn't be limited to the secret seagul track.

Memo 1: You use a clockwork egg to blow the hole in the secret room in JR's cafe-type thing.

Memo 2: once your out of the cafe, you go to the back of the lagoon near the small cave and you hear seagulls. also, in the area behind mumbo's you can also hear seagulls at the back of the lagoon.

This could be what Rare was talking about, or just part of the sequence. Maybe you could active the seagull music from the secret room by launching a clockwork through the window as I have tried. You have a good three extra seconds on most tries. Maybe you could have to rush out the door real quick and get to the other seagul music spots? I don't know, someone with some time on your hands, feel free to try this. Maybe even startingfrom the beggining with the jiggywiggy special cheat and messing around.

Old 21st July 2006, 04:30 AM
Bunnycomb

Some people say it's a glitch. But I've noticed that the seagull sounds in the 'hidden' beach is NOT 'exactly' the same as the jukebox's.

Old 21st July 2006, 05:06 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Hmmm...I guess if I get a chance I'll check it out.

Just explain it a little clearer...

Old 21st July 2006, 05:26 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Gah! It's not a glitch Rare said it themselves. I don't like explaining this. Just remember that...

Old 21st July 2006, 06:32 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Well, as I have said...

"Yeah, I know they said that, but they didn't go right out and say it wasn't a glitch.

By saying they're appaled that it was called a glitch, they could be saying they're appaled that anyone would think that a game made by such a great company could have any glitches. Like a joke.

Just like the GBTG blackboard. Is it a hint, or are they just messing with us? I myself have never tried the seagull thing, so I don't really know. I'm just thinking of all the possibilities."

I've never done the seagull thing (I never even knew about it until I read stuff at this forum) so I'm not sure. Perhaps it's a glitch, perhaps it isn't, perhaps you're supposed to make it happen but not like that so it IS a glitch but then again not... or something...

Old 21st July 2006, 11:29 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
can someone please tell me what the seagull thing is all about, or post a link that says though because i have never noticed it before.

Old 21st July 2006, 11:35 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
http://forums.rarewitchproject.com/s...ukebox+seagull

Here's a link, I think it tells ya what u wanna know. If not:
Go to jukebox play the song "shopping around town" (in JRL) for a little bit then shoot a clockwork kazooie egg into Blackeye's room and blow it up underneath him. YOu then hear seagulls everytime ur in that room.

Old 21st July 2006, 12:05 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
http://forums.rarewitchproject.com/s...ukebox+seagull

Here's a link, I think it tells ya what u wanna know. If not:
Go to jukebox play the song "shopping around town" (in JRL) for a little bit then shoot a clockwork kazooie egg into Blackeye's room and blow it up underneath him. YOu then hear seagulls everytime ur in that room.
Not in PAL version.This only work for US version.Seagull is the"mix" of TOWN and SHOPPING songs.I agree with secret sequence to activate it!!
Maybe playing certain songs in certain order on Jukebox?

Maybe Rare put trap? If player destroy Jolly's door(where silo is) then he can't activate Seagull?

Last edited by BanjoPL; 21st July 2006 at 01:10 PM.

Old 21st July 2006, 01:03 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
You have US or PAL version?

Old 21st July 2006, 06:07 PM
Jinjo

if thats the case, then it would have to be a glitch only assoiated with the US vertion, they wouldent put it in one vertion and not the other if it wasent meant for the Stop N swop,

Old 21st July 2006, 06:13 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
Can someone provide a picture of the GBTG blackboard?

Old 21st July 2006, 06:14 PM
Jinjo

I dont have that game so theres no way I can, however I should be able to dig one up from the net, how clear it would be , is another issue tho

Old 21st July 2006, 08:33 PM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
Gah, this is getting way off topic. It's just all the other seagull stuff carried over from other threads >.<. I honestly don't care for the moment, in this topic, about the glitch thing in this particular topic. Argue about it somewhere else please. Right now, we're trying to find out part of the link, or what they meant. Knowing Rare's habbits, by "The sound of seagulls after a clockwork Kazooie egg," they were trying to get us concentrated on this newly discovered clue, when while were doing that they've pulld a slight-of-hand, and we're completely missing the obvious. The jukebox mix is something, a clue, perhaps to SNS, but this isn't all. There's something else, something further that we can't see. We just need to find this, and the best way to do so is to just experiment around with different theories, such as the ones I posted in my first post.

Old 21st July 2006, 08:58 PM
Jinjo

your right, if you want I can fool around with bt on pj64 or bk, also I can do it on my ggame cart, just tell me what you want me to look into crosseyes,

Old 21st July 2006, 09:10 PM
Clanker

I don't know quite, I think we should all just mess around with it a bit. Anyone know any GS or hacking related stuff to this?

Also, I noticed that the seagull mix only lasts 6 or 7 seconds. Maybe we need to do something else, within the same building, before time runs out. You know to continue the sequence. And seeing as we can have banjo anywhere in the building during that time with the CK egg triggering the music....I'll mess around later on, right now I have a vid uploading and can't get off the computer until it's done.