Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 13th February 2014, 03:45 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'm playing Day of Sex for the first time ever. I'm going to max out swimming and take the GEP gun.

Old 13th February 2014, 08:17 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
So I've made it through what I'll call the first two parts of Bioshock Infinite now and while it's gotten better, I still enjoy the world more then the gameplay.
I still don't understand the gripe with Infinite. If you upgrade the weapons that you want intelligently, make good use of Skyrails, and pick the right vigors I think it's a great twist on the standard FPS model. Aside from that, the story that Infinite provides easily tops any video game story I have ever played. I can promise you that once you finish the game, you'll come back with a different tune.

Old 13th February 2014, 08:27 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I still don't understand the gripe with Infinite. If you upgrade the weapons that you want intelligently, make good use of Skyrails, and pick the right vigors I think it's a great twist on the standard FPS model. Aside from that, the story that Infinite provides easily tops any video game story I have ever played. I can promise you that once you finish the game, you'll come back with a different tune.
this guy provides a great in-depth critique of the game (as well as for several other games including the zelda titles from OOT to SS). while some of it may seem like nitpicking, overall I agree with it. I think the game was definitely a step down from the original Bioshock and the story wasn't all that great.

Old 13th February 2014, 09:24 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthConker View Post
this guy provides a great in-depth critique of the game (as well as for several other games including the zelda titles from OOT to SS). while some of it may seem like nitpicking, overall I agree with it. I think the game was definitely a step down from the original Bioshock and the story wasn't all that great.
Is it a step down from probably one of the greatest story-driven shooters of all time... possibly. But to me, that seems like an insanely high bar to have. I see a ton of people hate on Infinite, and I just don't understand it. I think a lot of it is backlash from the universal critical acclaim, people love to be contrarian. When it comes down to it though, I loved the game. Haters gonna hate.

Old 13th February 2014, 09:28 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
I do have to give Infinite this: I actually am playing it. I got bored of the original Bioshock playing the Demo. Though I'm still not sure if I would have stuck with Infinite if I didn't get it with Play Station Plus for Free, but.

Old 14th February 2014, 02:10 PM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 1
Chatterbox 
well I haven't played much of anything recently, but with GOG giving away Dungeon Keeper, the original one, not the new crap one, I'd thought I'd give it a shot.

Old 15th February 2014, 07:32 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Finished up Bioshock Infinite today, and the game play certainly picked up towards the end, but even then it had a lot of dull moments. The story however was incredible and while was able to figure out part of the ending, it still offered a fantastic ending to one of the best stories I've ever seen in any medium. While it's not necessarily a great game, the story more than makes up for it.

Old 15th February 2014, 08:50 PM
Jinjo

Chatterbox 
well I am absolutely addicted to Dungeon Keeper Gold right now, it's such an amazing game both with it's graphics and gameplay. I highly recommend you guys get it on GOG right now while it's still free!

Old 15th February 2014, 09:30 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Got it and Dungeon Keeper 2 from GOG.

I still prefer Dungeon Keeper 2, but played the first one for nostalgia's sake
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 15th February 2014, 10:13 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Playing Lightning Returns. I really like the new combat style, it's so much more satisfying

Old 16th February 2014, 07:36 PM
Formerly Fan the Man

You're Appreciated! 
Just played Last of Us: Left Behind and they did some pretty interesting stuff with it

Old 17th February 2014, 08:46 PM
Jinjo

Chatterbox 
Still playing my latest addiction, Dungeon Keeper, it's really gotten good now.

Old 19th February 2014, 08:17 PM
Best New Member ('13 - 14)

I'm playing Bravely Default right now, and I'm really enjoying the jobs. The amount of customization you can do with your characters abilities is really cool. Also, Tiz's costume looks like an onion knight.

Old 19th February 2014, 08:26 PM
formerly DemonLabRat

You're Appreciated! 
I've started Fire Emblem Awakening, and I'll probably start episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us at some point soon.

Old 24th February 2014, 03:08 AM
Jinjo

Chatterbox 
continuing on LOZ ALBW, took a break from it and for some reason I forgot to continue that. anyways, I just have two more dungeons then I can go on to finish the game. then I plan to replay on hero mode.

User Tag List