Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 14th September 2010, 12:15 AM
Glowbo

3D Programmers Wanted

I'm working on a Banjo-Kazooie fan game called Banjo-Threeie. I don't know how to do 3D programming so I want to know who is interested in taking up the job. Just to give you a short summery of the game i'll type out the plot.

1 and a half years after Banjo-Tooie Gruntilda is just a skull. As she hops through Jinjo Village she Grumbles angrily to herself about how she wants to get revenge on Banjo and Kazooie. Meanwhile Banjo, Kazooie, Jamjars, Bottles, Mumbo Jumbo, and Humba Wumba are celebrating at Banjo's house due to the fact that they have finished rebuilding their house. Mumbo and Wumba get into an argument over who is better at using magic. Gruntilda enters Spiral Mountain through the cave linking Jinjo Village to Spiral Mountain (which has caved in over the course of a year and a half(. Turns out she has just remembered a spell that Cheato has that can give her her old body back. She hops up to her old lair and confronts Cheato. After threatening him he gives and and she returns back to her old ugly, green, fat self. However the spell causes a flash of light which Jamjars sees the flash of light through the entrance into the lair and tells the others. Banjo and Kazooie decide they better check it out. They run up to the lair and find Grunty as she looked in their first adventure. Unable to stop her from getting away they are knocked out by a spell cast by Grunty. They wake up hours later to find that they are still in Gruntilda's lair and they are surrounded by their friends. Mumbo explains how Grunty ran off and blew a hole in the eastern wall of Spiral Mountain and that they don't know what she plans on doing. Knowing that it can't be anything good Banjo and Kazooie decide to go after.

Sound good? I'll be posting more info on the game in other threads such as cameos, levels, moves, transformations, new and recurring characters, bosses, and links to the game's finished tracks. People interested in doing the 3D programming for the game please tell me. I need some one to design 3D sprites, do 3D rendering, 3D texture artists, controlls, and character models (if I left anything out that 3D game designing envolves then please let me know. I'm new to all of this.).

Last edited by AquasAccount; 14th September 2010 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Left out information.

Old 14th September 2010, 12:16 AM
Mr. Pants

What program will it be built upon?

Old 14th September 2010, 12:17 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
You should probably give people a few more requirements. 3D programming is a broad topic. Saying what they would need to do specifically would help us understand better.

Old 14th September 2010, 07:52 PM
Glowbo

If I'm reading this right, you have a small story and you want people to do the legwork for you. That's fine, but almost nobody is going to volunteer their time until you do some legwork of your own.

If time constraints are the problem, just use placeholder objects in the place of the final 3d model.
"I have a story and can somebody make a game plzthx" happens all the time.

Old 14th September 2010, 11:14 PM
Glowbo

Its not like that. I'm writing out the story, coming up with the levels, how to get the items, and pretty much everything else except compose music and do 3D programming. I tried both things myself and I didn't do very well composing Kirkhope styled music. Plus I couldn't figure out how to do 3D programming even after I watched tutorials.

Old 14th September 2010, 11:16 PM
Mr. Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquasAccount View Post
Its not like that. I'm writing out the story, coming up with the levels, how to get the items, and pretty much everything else except compose music and do 3D programming. I tried both things myself and I didn't do very well composing Kirkhope styled music. Plus I couldn't figure out how to do 3D programming even after I watched tutorials.
WHAT

PROGRAM

ARE YOU

USING?

edit: 1337th post

Last edited by Starblazer; 14th September 2010 at 11:19 PM.

Old 15th September 2010, 12:52 AM
Glowbo

Banjo-Threeie Cameos

In the intro scene if you look at Banjo and Kazooie tv you can see the original Banjo-Kazooie game on the pause menu screen.

In Banjo's house Tooty (who will appear in the game later on) will have a toy box in Banjo's house. In the toy box will be various plushies of characters from other games including Donkey Kong, Dxie Kong, Diddy Kong, Conker, and even a mad jack.

In the Jungle level if you look closely into the background you can see Donkey kog and Diddy kong.

In the Desert level you can find Captain Blubbler who has crashed landed the saucer of peril after running out of fuel. He'll gladly give you a jiggy in exchange for a refill.

In Stormy Coast you can find Goby who has left Hailfire Peaks because he couldn't find enough water.

Throughout the game player will find various portraits of character from the original game who haven't appeared since.

All enemies from the first two games will return if you find out how to unlock a secret mode after you beat the game.

Chuffy will return as an unlockable after you unlock the secret game mode.

At some point in the game will be a box that says "Mr. Patch Inflatable Toy".

That's all so far. I'll be updating this whenever I come up with anything. If you have a character you would like to see cameoed feel free to comment and it may show up in the game.

Old 15th September 2010, 12:56 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
What? Wait...are you posting a list a cameos in a fan-game that hasn't been made yet?

1 Why?
2 Spoils the fun of finding them in the first place.
3 Why?

Old 15th September 2010, 12:57 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Thus thread is uber funny.

You realize you can type up a story and concept in half an hour, but your programer would work night and day?

ROFL

Sorry, I don't call RWPers noobs, but you sir, are a nooblet.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 15th September 2010, 01:24 AM
Glowbo

Banjo-Threeie Bosses

Jungle Level- Possibly a lion or other wild cat.

Desert Level- Possibly a giant mummy or just a desert animal.

Stormy Coast- Giant Squid.

Fear Forest- ???

Snowy Mountain Leve- ???

Creepy Crypt- ???

Old 15th September 2010, 01:31 AM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
Fear Forest - Spider

Snowy - Snow man monster

Creepy - Spider or ghost

Old 15th September 2010, 01:54 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Reality level: Nothing

Old 15th September 2010, 02:36 AM
Glowbo

Banjo-Threeie Worlds

Jungel Level (name pending)- A jungle on the east coast of Isle O' Hags. Its home to many including (unnamed boss).

Barren Desert Level (name pending)- A barren desert that has many hazards awaiting the duo, including a "death zone" which is too hot for the duo in their current forms, some animals that have a grudge them from the moment they enter, a pipeline that leads to a part of a familiar factory that wasn't there in their previous visit, and a familiar face who is in need of help yet again.

Fear Forest (current name)- A creepy forest on the the east coast of isle o' hags. Dark and misty the duo will come across a haunted cabin, a giant hollow tree, and more.

Stormy Coast (current name)- Near the eastern shores of Isle O' Hags this coast is always stormy. With a cave, rocky shores, and a large sea bottom full of seal life waiting for some nice bait, the duo will have lots of obsticals to avoid including a giant squid with a bad temper.

Snowy Mountain Level (name pending)- A tall, cold mountain with harsh conditions. Here the duo will have to survive the harsh blizzard, frozen lake, and an icy cavern, and help an old friend get into his home.

Creepy Crypt (current name)- In this horrific crypt Banjo and Kazooie will find themselves surrounded by the living dead. With many rooms with their own tricks and traps, the duo will really have to use their wits to get through this place.

These are all the levels we have so far. We are still working on coming up with more.

Old 15th September 2010, 02:37 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Anyone can be a story writer... Hell, in the game industry, there isn't such a thing called "story writer"..

Pitch your ideas to someone who knows c++, give them at least $1000, and you might see your idea come to life. But don't expect people who don't know you to work for you fornothing

Old 15th September 2010, 02:39 AM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Aqua, you should have posted this in the Banjo forums. This is Almost Anything Goes.

Tags
banjo-kazooie 3

User Tag List