Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 30th December 2013, 07:36 PM
Bunnycomb

Rainbow Community Open-Idea Rarewitch Dungeons RPG

Feeling a bit inspired by Jowee's idea for an RWP RPG and having a fair amount of experience in RPG Making but lack of time to do a proper one I felt inspired to ask for suggestions and shared ideas in community and forum inspired RPG Dungeon Crawler.

This is in NO WAY Related his project, only inspired by the concept and by the fact I need something to keep me active here and I thought slaving away at an RPG with the RWP and it's cast of users and such as playable heroes would be a fun way to do so and a fun way to finally make an RPG Maker game I could finish. Surely with the curiosity of you all driving me I won't lay it on the backburners again, right?

Basically, It is going to be an RPG Dungeon Crawler inspired by games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Nethack and Dungeons of Dreadmor as well as many others as I go along with it.

I want to include as many characters as possible to make the game as open and re-playable as possible. Each user having a distinct playing and style to them with skills and abilities different from one another as well as special gear and so on. I'm going to include a character application template where you can apply your character.

There will be no MAIN character. Only a small selection of starting characters that will be playable to choose from to keep it from being too lineear and forcing a character to have TOO much story involvement and focusing too much on one person along.

I may even go as far as to do custom spriting and art for the characters and such as I go along with it but will probably use default or ones from packs I have that suit the character for now. Music I will more than likely make from scratch or from free-to-use, non-commercial music so not to cause any copyright problems since this is going to be a free game.

As far as dungeons in the game, there will be plenty with phat loot and different, bizarre and difficult enemies, challenges and puzzles. Each will be themed after the forums sub-categories and so on. I will take suggestions and offers as what kind to make them. Such as, "Make this part of the forum a creepy, darker one since it is usually dealing with x" or so.

Here is the story I slapped together thus far which I will fix as I go along and touch up to make it a bit more interesting:

"Rarewitch. An underground networked world that belonged to many. Friends, Foes, Rivals and Fools whom felt a bond of brotherhood and commorodity amongst one another.

A community of old timers, old schoolers and heroes of times past, gathered to one place. Rarewitch.

But that all changed rather quickly one day when... "That Part of The Internet" attacked their secret, underground network of solitude. Transforming it's world forever and seperating it's member and grand council of M.O.D.s

"Monarchy Of Defense". The M.O.D.s were the holders and founding members of Rarewitch of an order that kept peace within the network of Rarewitch and kept balance within it's walls for many a year until their great council was split and sealed away within the mysterious void.

The void was a black, murky realm within Rarewitch that held back a great force of evil that the MODS worked to contain and keep back for eons. When "That Part of The Internet" attacked, the void's seal that kept it's evil contained was broken unleashing the tragedies and foulness that made the void their habitat.

As this happened, a small handful of it's community awoke, lost and confused in this twised mockery of what they once called home. Having nowhere else to go and nothing better to do. These brave, bold, foolish few took arms and vowed to purge the darkness from their world.

This is their story, their plight, and your quest."

Game Classes, Items, Gear and Skills: THIS IS ENTIRELY UP FOR DEBATE AND CAN RANGE FROM ANYTHING AS RIDICULOUS AS BACON SANDWICHES TO WARHAMMERS AND LASER-BLASTERS. If you have a favorite idea of a weapon or item you want me to throw in I will and I will keep a list and come up with uses for them if not your suggested use.
  1. Character Template
  2. Name: What's your name?
  3. Gender: Dinger or Danger?
  4. General Appearance: Whatchu look like?
  5. Class: Hero of Time, Ninja, Space Marine, Slacker, ANYTHING
  6. Weapons of Choice: Whatcha gonne bonk em with?
  7. Skills and Talents: Magic, Special Skills, I MAKE A MEAN SOUFFLE.
  8. Personality: Cold/Dark, Chill and Relax, Bro-Dude, Trickster
  9. Favorite Thing(s): Items or things or activities that hold significance to your character.
  10. Strengths: Things that make you who you are.
  11. Weaknesses: Things you may fall to whether magical damage or the sight of blood ect.
  12. Mini Bio: Tell em a little about yourself.

Fill this out to the best of your ability and or add more and I will see what I can do. I currently need at least 2 or 3 of these done before I can get much rolling besides maps, monsters and story ideas. If you know any characters that I could possibly need info on aka "I want to include character version of mods as higher-up deity-class heroes and some of them are inactive or MIA" feel free to help throw some ideas my way in post here or in the chat.

Once I get a list of dungeons and areas of Rarewitch that will be accessable in the game up I will take suggestions on how they should look or what they should have.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Cast:
Mason - Playable Character - Wizard/Pyro - A sarcastic, cool-minded guy who winds up lost in a strange world.
Frankie - Playable Character - Swordsman/Light-Magic User - A bold, blunt, happy go lucky guy always ready to fight.
Derek - Playable Character - Pirate/Ninja - A blunt, chill guy whom after defeating a crew of pirates for their ship has taken on the guise and lifestyle of one. Remember. He's the captain. Even if he's not the captain. He's the captain.
Blake - Playable Character - Thief/Negotiator - A fast-talking, slick, sly and clever treasure hunter who doesn't take too kindly to being called a thief.
Terp - Shopkeeper NPC - Get your s*** and get out. - Terp will make little shacks across the world where he peddles his goods onto you for a reasonable price. Sometimes he'll even cut you a deal on some rare goods.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Areas/Dungeons:
The Lobby - Basic Hub World Area where you will be able to meet and greet fellow rwp users you have saved from the clutches of the void and talk with them. Each user will have their own "Profile Dimension" that will be themed and styled to each user and tell you a little about them.

Almost Anything Goes - A constantly shifting and changing world of randomized dungeons and hilarity

Creative Cavern - A cavernous dungeon with painfully abstract and intricate tunnels and ominous narrative voices.

Member's Arena: A soon to be unlockable area where you will be able to 1vs1 against fellow party members for fun and prizes.

Homebrew and Tools: An area of glitched, tech-savvy mechanized and futuristic foes that have hacked and taken control of the area utilizing the helpful hacking tips and useful software data they discovered. Will be future area to get character upgrades and learn to craft/synthesize weapons/items once rid of enemies.

Rarewitch Support: Similar area to the lobby where you will be able to get helpful advice, be trained and and instructed on how to become a more helpful and useful rwp member by MODs and receive healing/buy healing items. Also vending machines.
Features:
Class Changing and Subclasses: Though a character's MAIN CLASS is permanent there will be a slew of fun variety of SUBCLASSES that will help change the flow of how a character plays, altering and boosting certain stats and giving them new moves to use in battle as well.

Enemies That Level With You: Hero fodder no more. As you level enemies do, making them remain a challenge no matter how puny and pathetic a started monster they are, giving the game a fair sense of challenge and eliminating cheating/grinding/empty-useless-encounters of noob monsters that offer nothing.

Item Creation/Crafting: You will be able to find and combine various items and weapons together to create new weapons and gear as well as items if not upgrade and make them stronger.
More to come with progress made. Keep an eye out for updates. Also feel free to throw in suggestions in any way you like. All ideas are acknowledged and may be used as well as credited for helping in the development.

HEY I HAVE A SCREENSHTOS ALBUM.

http://imgur.com/a/dB9K1#0

Will update as I take more.

DOWNLOAD FOR DEMO: https://www.mediafire.com/?fa22oqhix1app27

Last edited by Mason; 9th March 2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Screenshots and added characters

Old 30th December 2013, 07:45 PM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Name: What's your name: Jowee
General Appearance: Fat kid with- YOU KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE.
Class: All out. Spells, Healing, Swordfighting.
Weapons of Choice: Generic Keyblade
Skills and Talents: Fireballs, Fast slashes, Healing, etc.
Personality: Happy-go-lucky, always looks on the bright side. Gets mad easy.
Favorite Thing(s): Pizza Necklace, Laser gun that never works, but fun to show off.
Strengths: Can take a lot of damage due to bodyfat. Is very fast.
Weaknesses: Gets tired easy (low HP), Afraid of heights, and Ice.
Mini Bio: You know me.

Old 30th December 2013, 07:55 PM
Best New Member ('13 - 14)

name: Terp
role: shopkeeper. Get your s*** and get out.
Appearance: tall, medium length black hair, brown eyes.

Old 30th December 2013, 07:55 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowee View Post
Name: What's your name: Jowee
General Appearance: Fat kid with- YOU KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE.
Class: All out. Spells, Healing, Swordfighting.
Weapons of Choice: Generic Keyblade
Skills and Talents: Fireballs, Fast slashes, Healing, etc.
Personality: Happy-go-lucky, always looks on the bright side. Gets mad easy.
Favorite Thing(s): Pizza Necklace, Laser gun that never works, but fun to show off.
Strengths: Can take a lot of damage due to bodyfat. Is very fast.
Weaknesses: Gets tired easy (low HP), Afraid of heights, and Ice.
Mini Bio: You know me.
Approved. Obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terp View Post
name: Terp
role: shopkeeper. Get your s*** and get out.
Appearance: tall, medium length black hair, brown eyes.
Can work with this, but mind adding a few other the other things from the Character Template? Unless you meant you wanted to be like a Merchant/Shopkeeper NPC Type Character in the game?

Last edited by Mason; 30th December 2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Terp's post.

Old 30th December 2013, 08:26 PM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
I want to be in this!
  1. Character Template: Your drawing.
  2. Name: Derek "DJ" Dyrenzo, any variations of those names.
  3. Gender: Male.
  4. General Appearance: This is not needed because you drew me before! Thanks again for that lol.
  5. Class: Bad ass stoner pirate alcoholic
  6. Weapons of Choice: Big ass black hammer partially made of skulls
  7. Skills and Talents: Sharingan from Naruto
  8. Personality: I'm generally very friendly but often drunk or high, but still human enough to have other feelings when necessary.
  9. Favorite Thing(s): My skull cap that my mother gave me before she died, my cigarettes.
  10. Strengths: Living life to the fullest in honor of losing my whole family.
  11. Weaknesses: Withdrawl from weed, liquor or cigarettes
  12. Mini Bio: You know me enough from all the other questions I feel lol

Old 30th December 2013, 08:48 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I want to be in this!
  1. Character Template: Your drawing.
  2. Name: Derek "DJ" Dyrenzo, any variations of those names.
  3. Gender: Male.
  4. General Appearance: This is not needed because you drew me before! Thanks again for that lol.
  5. Class: Bad ass stoner pirate alcoholic
  6. Weapons of Choice: Big ass black hammer partially made of skulls
  7. Skills and Talents: Sharingan from Naruto
  8. Personality: I'm generally very friendly but often drunk or high, but still human enough to have other feelings when necessary.
  9. Favorite Thing(s): My skull cap that my mother gave me before she died, my cigarettes.
  10. Strengths: Living life to the fullest in honor of losing my whole family.
  11. Weaknesses: Withdrawl from weed, liquor or cigarettes
  12. Mini Bio: You know me enough from all the other questions I feel lol
Approved and actually glad you mentioned adding alcohol based items. Makes for a fun idea of adding a drunk status condition if you consume certain ones making your character have different effects depending on what kind used. Like games with potions that don't always heal.

Old 31st December 2013, 02:51 AM
Best New Member ('13 - 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Can work with this, but mind adding a few other the other things from the Character Template? Unless you meant you wanted to be like a Merchant/Shopkeeper NPC Type Character in the game?
Yes.

Old 31st December 2013, 06:43 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terp View Post
Yes.
Alright. Also an update I am working on classes and a feature I added called "subclasses" That will let characters have different ways they can branch their skills and be more customzable with their character builds.

ALSO: I am beginning to work on items and stuff. If anyone has any suggestions as to what kinda items I should use for healing items you are more then welcome to throw suggestions out there.

Can be a mix of things ranging from food to potions and stuff.

Item, Weapon, Armor, Special Item suggestions anyone? Also more characters to add would be helpfull. I have Myself, Jowee, DJ and Terp's listed so far. But Terp seems to want to be an NPC? So I need more playable characters.

EDIT: ALSO, MODS, CAN I UPDATE AND EDIT MY MAIN TOP POST TO SHOW UPDATES AND STUFF? LIKE LIST WHAT I ADD AS I ADD IT?

Last edited by Mason; 31st December 2013 at 06:50 AM. Reason: CAN I?

Old 31st December 2013, 05:48 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Character Template
Name: Blake or MetalHeroOfTime
General Appearance: I've been told I have a face for radio.
Class: Thief TREASURE HUNTER
Weapons of Choice: Anything and everything, but not as proficient as other characters with their items.
Skills and Talents: Lying, Theft, Great Escapes, Combining items to make better ones.
Personality: Proud, Patriotic, Boastful
Favorite Thing(s): Money, America, Money
Strengths: Quick thinking, a large tolerance to pain.
Weaknesses: Not the fastest or strongest guy on the block
Mini Bio: A travelling conman always looking for adventure and money!

Old 31st December 2013, 06:05 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeroOfTime View Post
Character Template
Name: Blake or MetalHeroOfTime
General Appearance: I've been told I have a face for radio.
Class: Thief TREASURE HUNTER
Weapons of Choice: Anything and everything, but not as proficient as other characters with their items.
Skills and Talents: Lying, Theft, Great Escapes, Combining items to make better ones.
Personality: Proud, Patriotic, Boastful
Favorite Thing(s): Money, America, Money
Strengths: Quick thinking, a large tolerance to pain.
Weaknesses: Not the fastest or strongest guy on the block
Mini Bio: A travelling conman always looking for adventure and money!
I wanna say approved but I think that goes without saying when we're dealing with a slick, gentleman with a knack for spinning some long yarns to shoot the breeze like yourself.

Old 31st December 2013, 07:35 PM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
I think pinkbull should be in the game

Old 31st December 2013, 08:24 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I think pinkbull should be in the game
Totally. He needs to be in this some way or another. Anyone else? I'm fine with working with a lot of characters. This isn't going to be a rushed thing and will be really big at least in terms of database(characters, skills, items, weapons, monsters.) and stuff. I wanna make this something to enjoy and be able to replay.

Old 1st January 2014, 07:42 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
yeah me

Old 1st January 2014, 09:47 AM
Mr. Pants

Name: Max

General Appearance: (I'll PM you a picture for better reference)

Class: Fighter / Mage (Dunno if you can be both but basically a fighter with some magic abilities)

Weapons of Choice: Gunblade (It is what you think it is, a gun that turns into a sword. Like this one.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skills and Talents: Melee Attacks and Magic Attacks / Skills

Melee:
Basic Attack (Basic punches and kicks.)
Charged Punch (A powerful blow that takes a bit longer to execute. Can cause stun.)
Silver Slash (Slashing of the gunblade at close range.)
Silver Bullet (Shooting a bullet from the gunblade at long range.)

Magic:
Berserker Cannon (Shoots an energy blast from one hand that can hit more than one enemy.)
Blazing Star (Fires a blast of concentrated heat at a target quickly. Can cause a burn.)
Radiance (Heals an ally or himself.)
Burning Passion (Powers up an ally or himself.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personality: Cool, Laid-back, Determined to win

Favorite Thing(s): Girls. And money. And pizza.

Strengths: Always pulls through when a friend is in danger. Good at keeping cool when the situation gets crazy. Great conversationalist.

Weaknesses: Hidden fear of giant bugs. Refuses to strike a child. Upset at the mention of his [deceased] parents.

Mini Bio: Max is a rogue wanderer who goes wherever his life takes him. He enjoys good food, good people and-- of course-- a nice looking lady to satisfy his needs. But there is a darker side to the story: in his early childhood, disaster struck his hometown and violence ran amok. Gangs raided houses and burned them to the ground. Max lost both of his parents at the age of four to these violent outbreaks. Confused and flustered by the loss of his parents, Max ran away to a faraway place, never wanting to be seen again.

Upon growing up, he knew what had to be done. Always reminded by the loss of his mother and father, Max wandered the planet, stopping injustice whenever it crossed his path and defending those who cannot defend themselves. He engineered his own weapon, the Gunblade, and learned how to fend for himself. It wasn't until years later, when he met a group of people much like himself, that he would learn his true purpose in life.

Last edited by Starblazer; 1st January 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Old 1st January 2014, 04:22 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbull View Post
yeah me
awesome. Fill this thing here out if you can and I can approve it and work it into the game.

Character Template
Name: What's your name?
General Appearance: Whatchu look like?
Class: Hero of Time, Ninja, Space Marine, Slacker, ANYTHING
Weapons of Choice: Whatcha gonne bonk em with?
Skills and Talents: Magic, Special Skills, I MAKE A MEAN SOUFFLE.
Personality: Cold/Dark, Chill and Relax, Bro-Dude, Trickster
Favorite Thing(s): Items or things or activities that hold significance to your character.
Strengths: Things that make you who you are.
Weaknesses: Things you may fall to whether magical damage or the sight of blood ect.
Mini Bio: Tell em a little about yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Name: Max

General Appearance: (I'll PM you a picture for better reference)

Class: Fighter / Mage (Dunno if you can be both but basically a fighter with some magic abilities)

Weapons of Choice: Gunblade (It is what you think it is, a gun that turns into a sword. Like this one.)

Skills and Talents: Melee Attacks and Magic Attacks / Skills

Melee:
Basic Attack (Basic punches and kicks.)
Charged Punch (A powerful blow that takes a bit longer to execute. Can cause stun.)
Silver Slash (Slashing of the gunblade at close range.)
Silver Bullet (Shooting a bullet from the gunblade at long range.)

Magic:
Berserker Cannon (Shoots an energy blast from one hand that can hit more than one enemy.)
Blazing Star (Fires a blast of concentrated heat at a target quickly. Can cause a burn.)
Radiance (Heals an ally or himself.)
Burning Passion (Powers up an ally or himself.)

Personality: Cool, Laid-back, Determined to win

Favorite Thing(s): Girls. And money. And pizza.

Strengths: Always pulls through when a friend is in danger. Good at keeping cool when the situation gets crazy. Great conversationalist.

Weaknesses: Hidden fear of giant bugs. Refuses to strike a child. Upset at the mention of his [deceased] parents.

Mini Bio: Max is a rogue wanderer who goes wherever his life takes him. He enjoys good food, good people and-- of course-- a nice looking lady to satisfy his needs. But there is a darker side to the story: in his early childhood, disaster struck his hometown and violence ran amok. Gangs raided houses and burned them to the ground. Max lost both of his parents at the age of four to these violent outbreaks. Confused and flustered by the loss of his parents, Max ran away to a faraway place, never wanting to be seen again.

Upon growing up, he knew what had to be done. Always reminded by the loss of his mother and father, Max wandered the planet, stopping injustice whenever it crossed his path and defending those who cannot defend themselves. He engineered his own weapon, the Gunblade, and learned how to fend for himself. It wasn't until years later that he met a group of people much like himself that he would learn his true purpose in life.
Woah. Awesome job on the bio and such. Though working with my game's constraints so far if I can't find a gunblade type weapon would a sword/gun combo work in for that? I am really liking this though. Approved. Will work it into the listing in top post once I get him in the database and worked out. Also, sure PM me a reference so I know what he'll look like.

User Tag List