Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 16th August 2007, 07:48 AM
Glowbo

Talking Bottles' Glasses

Bottles' Glassees (Still in development)

Banjo Kazooie model viewer, possible editor. Thanks to RWP for the decompressor.

Here are some screenshots:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...board02iq2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...board02ct7.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...board01oh1.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...board02jp1.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...board01fp9.jpg

A few notes:

I am posting this on my friends behalf, so give him credit for it.
He is the same person who made Utility of Time.

Last edited by BetaZeldaman; 16th August 2007 at 07:50 AM.

Old 16th August 2007, 08:35 AM
Glowbo

So what exactly are you trying to do?

Old 16th August 2007, 08:38 AM
Glowbo

I was posting the information so that RWP could know about it.

The program will allow people to view models of levels, characters, and enemies(and maybe edit them).

Old 16th August 2007, 10:03 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
So using this tool, and combining it with the texture tool, its possible to forge entierly new levels and enemies, right?

Last edited by Fox McBanjo; 12th September 2007 at 03:14 PM.

Old 16th August 2007, 10:52 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
That is so damn awesome.

And the name is win.

Old 16th August 2007, 02:21 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
The diffuse colors are quite nice, but you really need to support textures. They're right in the same file even! I do appreciate the Banjo work though. We had investigated BK at one time, but the game has an annoying limitation that you can only load objects that are in a prepackaged file for each level, which sorta killed the buzz. Editing/importing new models for most models should be pretty feasible and nice.

Oh, if Cooliscool is using the class I wrote, there is a memory leak that I didn't find until a few months ago. You need to add to the ~GECompression(void) deconstructer the following line:
if (compressedBuffer)
delete [] compressedBuffer;

Old 16th August 2007, 02:27 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubDrag
The diffuse colors are nice, but you really need to support textures. They're right in the same file even! I do appreciate the Banjo work though. We had investigated BK at one time, but the game has an annoying limitation that you can only load objects that are in a prepackaged file for each level, which sorta killed the buzz.
Sooo....we can't make new levels? I didn't really understand the last bit; does it mean that when attempting to change the models, you can only change them to things in the level already?

Old 16th August 2007, 02:32 PM
McLovin

Like the Super Mario 64 Editor, if a Goomba wasn't originally loaded for a level, it wouldn't be able to be used. So Slappa could only be used in Gobi's Valley etc. I think Cooliscool is talking more about being able modify the current model or import a new one, such as stretching heads, etc.

Old 16th August 2007, 02:42 PM
Von Kriplespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubDrag
Like the Super Mario 64 Editor, if a Goomba wasn't originally loaded for a level, it wouldn't be able to be used. So Slappa could only be used in Gobi's Valley etc. I think Cooliscool is talking more about being able modify the current model or import a new one, such as stretching heads, etc.
Hmm, I know what you mean. What if: (this is a looooooong shot, and most is bullcrap)

We decompress one file E.g Mumbos Mountain, and put all of its data into another decompressed file, E.g Rusty Bucket Bay. The level would then have all of RBB AND MM's data, making things like Tickers and Mumbo's Skull available to RBB. Would, or could this work?

Old 16th August 2007, 02:45 PM
McLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox McBanjo
Hmm, I know what you mean. What if: (this is a looooooong shot, and most is bullcrap)

We decompress one file E.g Mumbos Mountain, and put all of its data into another decompressed file, E.g Rusty Bucket Bay. The level would then have all of RBB AND MM's data, making things like Tickers and Mumbo's Skull available to RBB. Would, or could this work?
I think once I had loaded another level's object in one, but each had a lot of pointers and I think it was preset for the stage. It's certainly not impossible.

Old 16th August 2007, 02:49 PM
Von Kriplespac

Well gang, looks like we've got another mystery on our hands! [/Scoobydoo]

Jokes aside, the pointers thing could be bypassed by copying a file over another one, E.g removing the Sea Grublin file and replacing it with a Ticker file.

Also, are you using invisible mode, Sub?

Old 16th August 2007, 04:33 PM
Dingpot

i did something like this for Sharkfood island, im wrote a part in my hacking guide, using hexworkshop to move the pink egg.

i included the entire Sharkfood island model map.

Old 16th August 2007, 06:40 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
SubDrag: Thanks for the input. The program is about 1 and a half nights of work, started after hearing the cries of several people for just a simple viewer, and it's designed to have full texture support soon (BK's textures work just like any other N64 game as texture info in the dlist is universal). Just a matter of having the time to implement. I plan on releasing a prelim version tonight that will lack textures. Releases thereafter should have them.

You're spot on as far as my intentions as far as editing.. per vertex, for small modifications of existing models, and possibly level actors (with the limitation you mentioned - unless we can work around that before then). As far as the decompressor class, I'm not using your code directly, just the program that can be found on the main site.

Some more shots:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6...board01sr9.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6...board02no3.jpg

Last edited by cooliscool; 16th August 2007 at 06:43 PM.

Old 16th August 2007, 07:02 PM
Funk Soul Brother

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
This is so beautiful. Words cannot describe just how awesome this is. I'm no hacking or scriping expert, so I can't comment on anything like that (Subdrag ). But, I can say that this one amazing piece of programming. Wondeful job.

Old 16th August 2007, 09:08 PM
McLovin

Oh, you should probably be using the class. The zip you downloaded contains the sample code in the Readme for decompression and compression, just be aware you cannot exceed the table in the ROM's size allocated (well unless you change the table). As for textures, I imagine you could knock those off in a night or two.

User Tag List