Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 20th August 2007, 02:59 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Hmm.. got Steve and your PMs.

In response, Bottles' Glasses, with some small modifications, should work for DK64 just fine. If you want me to check out the map in it, no problem.. just let me know the location of the data.

Edit: upon examination of a BK file model, apparently the header contains the root filename of the data! Should be helpful. So... BG, by release, will view DK64 data too.

Edit 2: finished a model isolator for DK, working on the small parser tweaks to make it work.

Last edited by cooliscool; 20th August 2007 at 03:32 AM.

Old 20th August 2007, 03:31 AM
Clanker

That is so cool! Keep up the fantastic work!

Old 20th August 2007, 02:01 PM
Dingpot

DK64 model file isolator using internal names... interesting note, the first file the app finds is named "test".

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7...board01pe3.jpg

Should have some rendering shots to show pretty soon.

Old 20th August 2007, 04:45 PM
Dingpot

heres the possible addresses and script
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...4324234234.jpg

can you get that map outta there.

if you can that means SNS may be solved.

Old 20th August 2007, 10:23 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooliscool
DK64 model file isolator using internal names... interesting note, the first file the app finds is named "test".

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7...board01pe3.jpg

Should have some rendering shots to show pretty soon.
Oh, cool, names will be nice. Test is probably that little simple room with the platforms and yellow balloon.

Old 21st August 2007, 01:12 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
That's awesome man, Dk64 and Bk viewer! Keep it up!

Old 22nd August 2007, 07:52 PM
Dingpot

Sorry for the huge delay in projected release, but I'm trying to send the program out the door as simple and intuitive as it can possibly be... oh yeah, and as close to bug free as it can get (I have a problem with releasing unpolished first releases - not this time!).

With that, the projected release date is (again) tonight at around 10-11:00 PM, EST (-5:00).

Old 24th August 2007, 03:55 AM
Dingpot

This is cool, but texture support would be great. Tell your friend Great work!

Old 24th August 2007, 09:04 AM
Dingpot

That would be me. Texture support is coming. I just need some time to decode the formats definitions.

Here's the release, by the way. Views Banjo Kazooie actor models and maps, next release will do DK64. Have a few more things to work out with it.

Enjoy!

Edit: forgot to mention... this program require Microsoft's .NET Framework 2.0. If you have Vista, you already have it. Anything lower, you've probably downloaded it for another app, but just if the program refuses to run with an "Application failed to start" error, you need to install it.

Also, read the readme! If anyone wants the source code (VB .NET & raw OpenGL), just say so.

Download

Last edited by cooliscool; 24th August 2007 at 08:17 PM.

Old 24th August 2007, 04:15 PM
Dingpot

W00T!!! im gonna check it out now!

EDIT: need some help, when i load the decompresser, it brings up an error. "Failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found." Again this is the decompresser, not the program. I have NET 2.0

Last edited by BK-SNS-BT?; 24th August 2007 at 04:30 PM.

Old 25th August 2007, 12:08 AM
Dingpot

The decompressor uses MFC.. you need the main library.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc71

For Windows NT based operating systems (WinXP, Win2000), place the dll in c:/windows/system32. For previous operating systems, place it in c:/windows/system.

Old 25th August 2007, 02:36 AM
Dingpot

mmk...it froze. I will work on getting it to work lol.

EDIT: W00T!!! FIXED IT!!!!

Last edited by BK-SNS-BT?; 25th August 2007 at 02:41 AM.

Old 26th August 2007, 01:38 AM
Brash Breegull

This looks like it could be a lot of fun to play with ... but I have a problem: The decompressor (whenever it doesn't completely crash while trying to decompress a B-K ROM) produces tons of BIN files which the model isolator picks up; however upon using the model isolator it always, ALWAYS says "0 models found" and produces no results in the folder I have made for the files to be dumped to, even though I set up the paths for reading and dumping files correctly. Both programs work fine except for the decompressor's total nonresponsiveness after hitting "decompress game" and selecting the B-K ROM (I have numerous 'versions' of both the NTSC and PAL versions which all came together in a huge archive for some reason, and they all fail). I've made sure that both the .NET thing and the .dll files were all up-to-date, so those shouldn't be a problem. Any advice?

Also: any chance of perhaps uploading a couple of sample models to mess with, so people such as myself who can't decompress the games correctly can check them out?

P_L for Registered User

Old 26th August 2007, 04:34 AM
Dingpot

Instead of that, can you tell me the first four hex bytes of 2C9798.bin? They should be 0000 000B. If not, the files probably need byteflipping (an option in the decompressor). Decompress with that option on, and try the isolator again.

Old 26th August 2007, 05:19 AM
Brash Breegull

Hmm, I don't seem to have a file with that name ... the highest one was 199-something.BIN. I'll try decompressing with the byte-flipper on and see what happens ... I'll edit in the result here when it's done.

EDIT: YESSS!! We have success! Now to ensure that they work ... after it finishes in an eon or two ... it's around 20% done ...

EDIT 2: They're all blank ...? Some of them won't open because they're "being used by another process" ... this seems to be my computer's "phony error theme" for today, as it's been doing it for just about everything ...

Well, none of them will open because some ambiguous foreign process is using them. Any advice there?

P_L for Registered User

Last edited by P_L; 26th August 2007 at 05:32 AM.

User Tag List