Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 27th January 2016, 08:27 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Arrow Banjo Kazooie N&B Mods

I'll use this Thread to post my Banjo Kazooie N&B Mods and things I've discovered.

You can share yours to if you'd like.

Ill start off with the best one i've ever done.

EDIT: Updated! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF-vHayQUXg
Download

*New!* This is for download now because their is no missing vehicle parts, no corrupt humba vehicles, and ALL parts are unlimited. Though they just only like "611", It's actually "61,166" for each vehicle part. And "some" might even be 122,332.

How?
Using mojobojo's vehicle editor, there are part idents. The "Bundle/50/685374" file, contains crate parts and amounts. Next to each part Ident (in hex) I swapped the 01 to "EE EE". The EE EE in dec is 61166, instead of 01 or 02 like the old amount the crate gives you. It took me like 45 minutes to do that for all of the amounts next to the part Idents in hex.

Tell me what you think or share a mod you've done!

Last edited by weighta; 31st January 2016 at 05:07 AM.

Old 27th January 2016, 08:43 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
my favorite mod is the one that changes the dialog system back to the old one and removes the main character's voice acting. giving the main character voice acting was a terrible decision, and i refuse to support it

Old 28th January 2016, 12:16 AM
Grunty's Reject

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
my favorite mod is the one that changes the dialog system back to the old one and removes the main character's voice acting. giving the main character voice acting was a terrible decision, and i refuse to support it
Ha ha cool.

I've figured out how to "change" the vehicle in showdown town, but not customize it;
Updated! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIqNPpkzVPA

What I did:

I dis-corresponded the those referenced vehicle parts in the 685374 file in; "Game/Bundle/50". The second time I spawned the Trolley, the game registered the specified parts in the 685374 file. (Which I had removed).
Though you think this is dumb, it's extremely awesome to me. And it's what I dreamed of doing; just at least "changing" the vehicle - This is a start to "Vehicles Around Town".
And if *sometime* out there in the void of unknown thoughts... I change the referenced Small Engine, to a Super Engine. (So that the Trolley registers the super engine). I just would then have made the BIGGEST mod of my life, and most happy one. The 234cec file must contain compressed Trolley code, because I've tried changing code I "thought" was it, but nothing happens; and I've tried my save on all Trolley MK.'s

That's why I NEED to get CAFF extractor working. But my Visual Studio must have compiling issues or something, because once I build, release, compile, or run through Debug, the program opens, and then closes. Meaning there's something wrong with it.

EDIT Now I'm modifying the .xex... and here's my progress so far !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-oufr0H9TE

EDIT Welp : ( I didn't get that working. It only changed the game strings. Not what it actually does.
Right now, my brain is like 95% clueless to customize the vehicle in showdown town. I've searched for the Trolley vehicle code EVERYWHERE in EVERY file, and spent atleast 39 hours this week JUST TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT. It just picks me back up to mojo's suggestion in the 234cec file.
I know he's right because the file contains "golfcart" strings:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobojo View Post
There are some other files like that too.
aid_vehicle_banjox_general_golfcarthigriptyres,121 9826144,3.32
aid_vehicle_banjox_general_golfcart,1219826133,3.3 2.

aid_vehicle_banjox_general_golfcartintrocutscene,1219826151,3 .32.
aid_dialog_banjox_showdowntown_bottles_golfcart,12 17585660,3.24.
aid_dialog_banjox_showdowntown_bottles_recallgolfc art,1217585954,3.24.
aid_script_banjox_showdowntown_intro_getingolfcart ,1220346106,4.90.

These "strings" are files...
That, CAFF extractor extracts...

So until he's Online and I can talk to him,
I can surely figure out this out. My eyes hurt from all that Hex editor whiteness so I need to take a *small* break.

I'll have you all know that I WILL *NOT* give up on this though.

Last edited by weighta; 4th February 2016 at 11:52 PM.

Old 14th February 2016, 12:58 AM
Grunty's Reject

You're Appreciated! 
Wink Update

Just thought I would share a quick update.
I got mojo's CAFFextractor working but the files that it extracts are not related to the trolley vehicle save code at all, and when I put them into a vehicle save it made these. So they must have somehow been the wrong files or something. I looked into editing models and I tried swapping the medium engine to the small engine model and the game crashed :/ (when loading Showdown Town).
I lately have been on the Banjo's Backpack site and talking to Skill. He knows a lot about Nuts & Bolts models. Opening them in Blender, modifying them ect. But he doesn't know how to modify the showdown town vehicles . We may possibly look into this together but I really don't know. My theory is that some of the vehicles in the game (grunty's vehicles, AI vehicles, Trolley Vehicles) Are compressed in some of the files where "CAFF" doesn't show up anywhere, but it could also just be a mix of world BSP's.
However, the big 685374 file contains Humba's Blueprints. And when I edited them it actually worked. But when I edit any of these, it dosn't work. Including when I tried to edit 1 of grunty's vehicles I found (LocoCoco). EDIT: It actually did work but is was in the cinematic that her vehicle was modified.

Outside of that, I have figured out how to rip game sound/music from "Game/Bundle/50/685374". (In doing so I modified the Jiggoseum music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZK3ZHrc9XY&)
And videos from "Game/Debug/36". Removed Clips I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWMb_1QiacQ

Last edited by weighta; 27th February 2016 at 02:29 AM.

Old 16th February 2016, 10:50 PM
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Nice finds!

Old 25th February 2016, 11:02 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
How do you do these? Modded xbox?

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 26th February 2016, 02:27 AM
Grunty's Reject

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyme123 View Post
How do you do these? Modded xbox?
I mod the files in HxD then replace them in my game files.
And yes, you need a modified console. My 360 was Modded with a Mod Chip
It allows unsigned code to be ran and bypasses signature authentication for Xbox 360 executables. (default.xex)
Just like Ice Mario said for when he modded Banjo N&B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Mario View Post
Xbox 360 executables are signed, and as soon as you modify any part of it, the signature authentication will fail. There is no way of resigning modified executables because only Microsoft know the key.

This authentication process is done on the 360 cpu itself. It has nothing to do with being able to run the program from different media.
So yeah, it bypasses it.
I almost went ahead and attempted modify my system myself until my dash was updated and it was no longer exploitable. So I just bought a Reset Glitch Hacked console myself from CoolshrimpModz
And hi Whyme!!! I saw you on the "Ripping The Soundtrack" Thread and Ice's Vehicles Around Town post.

Last edited by weighta; 27th February 2016 at 02:31 AM.

Old 29th February 2016, 04:52 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Interesting... I would mod, or have someone mod my xbox if it meant I could fully play the kameo xbox beta... but all that bit with the motherboard is a bit beyond me.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 29th February 2016, 05:26 AM
Grunty's Reject

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyme123 View Post
if it meant I could fully play the kameo xbox beta...
It's possible! You have to do install a compatibility pack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO9wbrux_xE
This is how I could play the Halo 2 Phantom map packs.
I got a good RGH from Coolshrimpmodz for a good price, just in case you're interested. I wouldn't go through all the trouble to solder 5 wires, get a NAND-X, verify if your system is even exploitable, or any of that.
This is starting to go off the Topic a bit, but if you have any questions PM me, I would love to talk to you .

Last edited by weighta; 29th February 2016 at 05:31 AM.

Old 13th September 2017, 05:15 AM
Grunty's Reject

You're Appreciated! 
I know how long it's been. Something I desired a while back, finally am capable of! All the credit for this goes to Ice and I can't thank him enough. Anyway, video's a tad bit cringy but I enjoyed creating it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz8w0YuvtRk

And here's the outside of Showdown Town:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwJFY72Q6FE&t=134s

Suppose it seems at great potential for being stuck behind the walls. But I'm happy to combine my previous modding discoveries with this and make it all the better!

Old 14th September 2017, 12:00 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
Wait.... What the hell? I literally watched that second video and subscribed to you yesterday. This is an uncomfortably small world we live in.

Old 14th September 2017, 05:48 AM
Grunty's Reject

You're Appreciated! 
Lol? I actually uploaded the first video like nearly a month back.

Last edited by weighta; 14th September 2017 at 06:13 AM.

Old 12th January 2019, 08:05 AM
Grunty's Reject

You're Appreciated! 
Sorry for the bump, but I was enjoying some of these old screenshots of mods I did.
Did this a while back. Can't remember exactly how, but it was some fun stuff:

Tags
banjo kazooie three, change, hack, help banjo kazooie, vehicle

User Tag List