Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 20th June 2004, 11:44 PM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
I quote myself, with emphasis...

Quote:
I highly doubt they'd do it. Someone brought this question up in Scribes once (only it concerned Jet Force Gemini, if I recall), and they said they probably wouldn't do it, given the amount of flak they received over doing a Conker remake.
At the rate I'm going, I could just type up a text file with canned responses and rely on those for post content.

Old 21st June 2004, 12:53 AM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Total Awards: 2
Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Note: DKC1 and 2 were SNES games that can be easily ported to the GBA and don't require any updated graphics. BK/BT on the other hand would have to be ported to the X-Box (the DS has the power, but Rare already stated it is not developing for the DS.), which, like Conker, would have to be updated in order to even sell. And as Icy said, since they recieved that much flak for Conker, I doubt they would port BK/BT. If it was a straight port, then yes, there might have been a chance, but with out-dated graphics, a BK/BT port just wouldn't float.

Even if they did remake the games, I still doubt that we would see SnS at all. (Maybe another type of secret, but probably not SnS....)

"Try new Icy Guy Canned Responses! Made with 100% old posts, these packaged items can be stored for future use nearly forever! [SIZE=1]Canned Responses can be found at all major retailers. IGCR is endorsed by the maker of RWPunch and Hobs. IGCR is © by it's owner, Icy Guy. [/SIZE]"

Old 21st June 2004, 01:38 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Guy
At the rate I'm going, I could just type up a text file with canned responses and rely on those for post content.
Let's just hope it gets through to some thick-heads

While you're at it, throw in the reason for the Microsoft buyout

Old 21st June 2004, 10:53 AM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
What? Microsoft bought Rare??!?!? Why?!?!?!

Oh and you know, I had this awesome idea that Rare could remake BK/BT for XBox, what do you think about that Icy?

Old 22nd June 2004, 12:57 AM
Runaway from the Past

INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Well, you already know the answers to those, Capt. Purple Toes.

Old 22nd June 2004, 06:09 AM
Glowbo

lets just hope they remake perfect dark for PD0. same thing with the last zelda on GC, it came with two versions of ZOoT... original and "master quest" remake...

Old 22nd June 2004, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Guy
Well, you already know the answers to those, Capt. Purple Toes.

That was low Icy, real low, think of the lowest thing imaginable and then think of something 100 times lower than that, yes, it was lower than that.

Old 26th June 2004, 09:01 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo's Banjo
Note: DKC1 and 2 were SNES games that can be easily ported to the GBA and don't require any updated graphics. BK/BT on the other hand would have to be ported to the X-Box (the DS has the power, but Rare already stated it is not developing for the DS.)
Um, wasn't that Microsoft that said that? I think Rare said they would be. (And I don't see why that would be wrong; the DS does not count as a "competing system," because like the GBA, it is a handheld)

Old 26th June 2004, 02:24 PM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Total Awards: 2
Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98
Um, wasn't that Microsoft that said that? I think Rare said they would be. (And I don't see why that would be wrong; the DS does not count as a "competing system," because like the GBA, it is a handheld)
I'm surprised that you haven't caught on yet. With both Sony and Nintendo in the handheld market, Microsoft is obviously going to release a portable system the size of a small tugboat and the battery life of a crappy laptop. They'll market it as "Now you can LAN game with Halo anywhere!" and "We swear! There will be a Rare game out on it before 2010!"

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing Rare develop for the DS. However that is yet to be seen, so who knows. They may actually make a few games sometime down the line...

Old 1st July 2004, 12:51 AM
Glowbo

ya but nintendo isnt even considering the DS a gameboy system... notice how it doesnt say gameboy...its just another handheld system they are making... nintendo doesnt think it has the right stuff to be considered a gameboy... so they prolly will end up making something else or not.... by not i mean... nintendo is following the same road sega did... or thats who they remind me off... my uncle used to work for sega... now he makes handheld games for nintendo... and whoever else...cell phones...psp... and what not...and working with nintendo he said the same thing... nintendo reminds him of sega... he said i read his mind when i said that.... he was like you know who nintendo reminds me of... im suprised my uncle said that because im gonna listen to him about it because hes worked for both companies... and others... but i kinda saw it comming awhile ago... when i heard microsoft was making a system.... because thats what happend to sega... a major hardware company in sony goes in the video game market... one drops( sega) then a major software company makes a system....nintendo is dying( not really but i see it sorta)

it seems like there can only be 2 major powers in video gaming at a time...

although i know the GCN is doing better than the PS2 right now...

im looking into the future

Last edited by TWEEDLEDEE; 1st July 2004 at 12:56 AM.

Old 1st July 2004, 01:11 AM

Reading that really hurt my head.

Seriously.

Old 1st July 2004, 01:43 AM
Glowbo

it hurt my head typing it
its kinda hard to think right now...

Old 2nd July 2004, 10:38 AM
Jinjo

there there, go and play some BK, that shold calm you down.

www.6starwrestling.com