Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 24th August 2008, 12:51 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
Most of your post looks pretty good. Of course, I'm Rune so I'll have to go through some things and point them out.

It has never been confirmed that Rare was ever going to implement Stop N Swop as a hot-swap. I highly doubt that the N64's processor was even built for hot-swapping, and there is no evidence to suggest that Nintendo was the cause for Stop N Swop being cancelled.

They may have developed an area based on this text, but for all we know it could just be a placeholder text like silo 8, and 9.

Never say never. I don't know if you've heard of my recent ice-key discovery in Dk64, but it appears that you may still be able to activate something there. About a swap zone, you could turn off the game any time after you collect the items in BK, and swap to BT. There is no such thing as a swap zone(based on evidence from hacking).

They never finished SNS because of changes to the N64's RAM chip. Newer n64's held data for less time in RAM after power down. The new amount of time was only somewhere around 3 seconds not giving people enough time to switch games, thus transferring items that way wouldn't work. It had nothing to do with them not being able to come up with ideas on what the secret items should unlock.
I think 3 seconds is still enough time. Count to three seconds. 1... 2... 3... It's not 123!!1!1!69!!!! So it's really if you have the cartridge ready in your good hand.

Old 24th August 2008, 01:24 AM
Glowbo

wasn't the "swap zone" or w/e supposed to be bottles molehill infrount of banjos house? if it were, that would make a lot of sense, seeing as bottles revenge was there. also, maybe the secret picture puzzle of bottles would've been used for something else, possibly to open up a cutscene to transfer for stop n swap.

im just guessing based on things i heard. i could be completely wrong. but its good to speculate. <:

Old 24th August 2008, 02:36 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadow8181 View Post
wasn't the "swap zone" or w/e supposed to be bottles molehill infrount of banjos house? if it were, that would make a lot of sense, seeing as bottles revenge was there. also, maybe the secret picture puzzle of bottles would've been used for something else, possibly to open up a cutscene to transfer for stop n swap.

im just guessing based on things i heard. i could be completely wrong. but its good to speculate. <:
Nice idea.In fact in GBTG Devil Bottles's picture is located on fireplace like Bottles's picture in BK...

Old 24th August 2008, 06:06 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBearBird
I think 3 seconds is still enough time. Count to three seconds. 1... 2... 3... It's not 123!!1!1!69!!!! So it's really if you have the cartridge ready in your good hand.
Yeah, but your more liable to kill your N64 swapping games that fast.

Old 28th August 2008, 02:06 PM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
I wouldn't try it on my N64. Too risky to hot swap. But there are some good points here...

Old 29th August 2008, 12:43 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles
Too risky to hot swap.
Your cold-swapping, not hot-swapping.

Cold-Swapping is switching the cartridges while the power is off.

Old 29th August 2008, 08:35 PM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Oh, i misread, i apologize!