Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 4th August 2008, 11:49 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 2
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 
Just had a thought...

Well y'know the yellow egg in tooie? Well a thought occured to me that maybe there's a reference to the sandcastle code for it in BK? I mean, maybe it was there because they were making sure that there was an explanation for everything.Then I guess it sort of contradicts itself in the sense that there would have to be code references for the magenta and blue eggs because people can't find something of the same type and then not look to unlock the others in the same mannorism. It's just an idea, I mean the fact that nobody knew about the yellow egg and that it was introduced as completely new is more than probable, but why put the yellow egg in? I mean it was obviously placed AFTER SnS was dropped, so why not cover ALL your tracks. They could've simply canned the jinjo in multiplayer like they did with bottle's revenge.

Old 5th August 2008, 12:11 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I have no idea what your trying to say! USE PERIODS!!!

Old 5th August 2008, 01:36 AM
Dingpot

Well, I Agree with this theory, i mean it is possible that the yellow egg is a reference to a secret BK Cheat Code I Agree With You Banjo Cracker!

Old 5th August 2008, 03:29 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 

what.

Old 5th August 2008, 04:12 AM
Jinjo

Of course it would be a reference to the BK cheat code to get the yellow egg. But how hatching it and the reward for doing so would tie into each other, I don't know.

Old 5th August 2008, 05:08 AM
Clanker

Wait.... well I meant that maybe there was some sort of hint IN banjo kazooie that points to the yellow egg's sandcastle code, so they were making sure that there wouldn't be any suspicions of a cover up. Because after seeing the eggs in the ending cutscene and then finding a code that unlocked one just like them, you'd think it'd serve the same purpose. You'd also, however, suspect that you unlock the others the same way. The theory 3 posts above makes sense aswell I suppose.

Old 5th August 2008, 05:53 AM
Jinjo

I think this is what he means:

In Banjo Kazooie, there were secret sandcastle codes that you weren't supposed to know. He think you were supposed to hatch the eggs and do whatever in Banjo Tooie and it'll give you a password for Banjo Kazooie. After obtaining the eggs in Kazooie it'll give you another password you use for Tooie and it will give you inhuman powers.

Or am I wrong?

Old 5th August 2008, 05:58 AM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Yes.Yellow Egg in BT is strange egg because this one didn't coming from BK pak,Jamjars didn't named this egg as "egg from BK" and this unlock in fact the best BT SNS prize-Jinjo in MULTIPLAYER.
Yellow Egg unlock MULTIPLAYER stuf so MAYBE this is reference that Yellow Egg from BK WOULD unlock Bottles' Revenge originally? There is Yellow Egg pin on Bottles from third game...

Last edited by BanjoPL; 5th August 2008 at 06:37 AM.

Old 5th August 2008, 06:08 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo cracker View Post
Well y'know the yellow egg in tooie? Well a thought occured to me that maybe there's a reference to the sandcastle code for it in BK? I mean, maybe it was there because they were making sure that there was an explanation for everything.Then I guess it sort of contradicts itself in the sense that there would have to be code references for the magenta and blue eggs because people can't find something of the same type and then not look to unlock the others in the same mannorism. It's just an idea, I mean the fact that nobody knew about the yellow egg and that it was introduced as completely new is more than probable, but why put the yellow egg in? I mean it was obviously placed AFTER SnS was dropped, so why not cover ALL your tracks. They could've simply canned the jinjo in multiplayer like they did with bottle's revenge.
Hasn't it already been said that there are NO references 2 the ,(I SAID THE!!), sandcastle codes and that they were likely for the testers/programers.

Old 5th August 2008, 06:25 AM
Missing Hero

Cheat for Yellow Egg is 'NOW BANJO WILL BE ABLE TO SEE IT ON NABNUTS TABLE"
How yellow egg in BT can referenced to this cheat? Egg is in nest NO on table!
Most likely is that egg's prize is reference to original prize-multiplayer stuff-BR.

Old 5th August 2008, 07:07 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzz View Post
I think this is what he means:

In Banjo Kazooie, there were secret sandcastle codes that you weren't supposed to know. He think you were supposed to hatch the eggs and do whatever in Banjo Tooie and it'll give you a password for Banjo Kazooie. After obtaining the eggs in Kazooie it'll give you another password you use for Tooie and it will give you inhuman powers.

Or am I wrong?
Completely. I mean that the code might be possible to figure out WITHOUT the other game. BT doesn't help, but still, I'm laying down the facts here. I mean that somewhere in BK, you can figure out the yellow egg's sandcastle code based on information given to you. (Maybe some useless information that just seems like the character has no purpose.) If it gave you the codes in tooie to use in kazooie, then there's no use in having the cover-up because you'll be wondering why they don't do anything in Kazooie. Look, my basic point is: why have the yellow egg in tooie? We were wondering why mumbo told us about 2 mystery eggs, why would they spread suspicion? Nobody takes that big of a risk with publicity, so it couldn't be that they thought it would explode into this. So why leave traces of SnS on PURPOSE if it wasn't to explain why you saw the yellow egg in kazooie. (if you somehow found the code in BK)

@banjoPL:I meant that you could possibly figure out the code, and then you'd presume that it would be "used in the next game" like the others. If you DID figure out the code, then if the yellow egg wasn't used in BT, you'd break out the SnS phenomena that happened anyway.

Last edited by Banjo cracker; 5th August 2008 at 07:10 AM.

Old 5th August 2008, 10:10 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

Really, what? There's no explanation here, just words. Words that should be locked.

Old 5th August 2008, 09:38 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I swear to god if this turns into a week-long expedition to look at every texture in BK and BT for links to SNS I'll kill Avarice.

Old 5th August 2008, 10:12 PM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox McBanjo View Post
I swear to god if this turns into a week-long expedition to look at every texture in BK and BT for links to SNS I'll kill Avarice.
Lol, why Avarice? and I mainly meant that it would just be in the text that a useless character spits out.

@Bk-SNS-BT: I didn't mean that it'd say "Uhh, go type "Now you can see a nice ice key, which you can have for free".I mean you could guess it off of their speech. Like someone yelling at SFI "It springs up out of the ocean to show the hidden presents!" (obviously it wouldn't be as easy as that. You'd probably have to compare one thing to another and then that thing to one more.)

Regarding the rest of the thread. Could someone just lock this, my point clearly isn't getting across and the few people who did understand just said things that go against it but don't have any examples to back it up.

Last edited by Banjo cracker; 5th August 2008 at 10:20 PM.

Old 5th August 2008, 10:54 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
In before LOCK! ...And I get what you're saying and I find it quite possible.