Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 9th May 2014, 08:30 PM
Formerly Edward Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
At the very least, they are emphasizing their older franchises constantly now. Even today they released a free skin pack for Minecraft Xbox 360 that has Banjo, Viva, and Conker skins. Perhaps they are planning a revival...
Yeah, I've seen darker times. But you still see people like Phil Spencer, Craig Duncan and even Ken Lobb speaking against old IPs in one way or another. Spencer is always talking about how KS is a comercial success and how it's Rare's decision to work on Kinect games. Duncan has expressed in more than one interview in the last few months how he's against reviving old IPs without reinventing the wheel, which is nothing short of a huge slap in the faces of all the fans. Lobb has recently said he and Microsoft don't "slot fill", when asked if MS should diversify their portfolio with other genres such as platformers. To me all these messages are very clear. But yeah, at least they are not ignoring their past like they were doing a few years ago.

I still think Rare will only make a core game if KSR really flops or if MS decides to kill their packed-in kinect strategy. And even if that's the case, I strongly believe nothing will be shown at this E3. Nothing developed by Rare at least.

User Tag List