Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 10th July 2004, 08:51 AM
Jinjo

lol, I laughed at that remakr about the controller, I honestly didnt care that much, the door in Gobis valley was worse!

www.6starwrestling.com

Old 10th July 2004, 08:41 PM
Clanker

heh, I remmember trying forever with my friend to solve the mystery of those items. The best part was when we were yelling at the t.v. to collect the pink egg (on mumbos pictures) and banjo would just stand there not getting the egg. My friend soon after got so angry that he ripped the cartridge out of the N64 and threw it out the window. He threw it so far out the window that it got caught in a tree and we had to get it out. It was hilarious!

So after that I think he just gave up looking for a way to get the key and eggs and that is when I got an N64 of my own and the game.

The sight of the Key was the first thing that triggered our curiousity for the whole SNS thing.
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 10th July 2004, 10:40 PM
Glowbo

it's funny... I never actually saw the movies at the end of the game until after i used the codes, because I never bothered to get all the jiggys until then... I remember trying to break through the ice wall to get the key, but I was more concerned with the Desert Door. I was thinking up all kinds of weird things, like a secret exit in the mummy maze (nothing but me getting smashed by that ceiling, heheh), beak bashing repeatedly, and the massive egg firing... Having never seen the raised Sharkfood Island until after the codes, The only thing I did involving it was trying to get to it without Snacker eating me (for that 1 up or whatever it was...) Though I did, unknowing about the egg, wonder about the Mad Monster Mansion barrel...

Old 11th July 2004, 03:31 AM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
You kinow what I always wondered about was the chest in The master bedroom of MMM. I was so sure that as soon as we got the key the chest would open with it. Then I finally manage to get the key with the codes and no open chest. Nothing. Took me a long time to get the key. Nothing worked (tried pretty much everything that was said except the parts about throwing things) then no chest opening. I was mad!

Error ID: 10T. Rage Buffer overflow.

Old 11th July 2004, 04:06 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Master2k
You kinow what I always wondered about was the chest in The master bedroom of MMM. I was so sure that as soon as we got the key the chest would open with it. Then I finally manage to get the key with the codes and no open chest. Nothing. Took me a long time to get the key. Nothing worked (tried pretty much everything that was said except the parts about throwing things) then no chest opening. I was mad!
I know. There was something about MMM that drove me nuts, though. It had the most mysteries out of all the levels, didn't it? It didn't seem like much of a level in that it didn't really fit in with the "swing of things" that the other levels had, if that makes any sense. Of course, I dunno about anyone else -- I just got a weird feeling about it every time I played the level. Like if SnS existed, MMM is where something would have happened.

Maybe I'm just being too dramatic.

Old 11th July 2004, 09:54 AM
Jinjo

nah, MMM was pretty mysterious and scary in a SnS kind of way, that chest bothered me too!

www.6starwrestling.com

Old 13th July 2004, 08:10 PM
Jinjo

I was just thinking about this. As soon as I got the GameShark I used the levitation cheat and levitated over the Ice Key wall. I must have been one of the first to get it.

Old 13th July 2004, 09:57 PM
Glowbo

The chest bothered me, too. But yeah, pretty much all of MMM was a little fishy. For example, as I recall there's one or two pipes (like the ones you can go down into as the pumpkin) that are in no way accessible as the pumpkin. I remember trying all kinds of ways to get up there, or alternate routes to/from Mumbo's Hut. The secret rooms in the church seemed less than impressive, yet intriguingly so, and the organ (I always wondered about some kind of cheat that you could play on that or something). All strange. All fishy. All in MMM. The least secretive/fishy part about that place is the goofy hedge maze...

Old 14th July 2004, 01:01 AM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
The one in 'blackeye's bedroom'?

Old 14th July 2004, 05:17 AM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakey Wake
The one in 'blackeye's bedroom'?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's that room. Now I know he's a pirate and pirates have chests but we didn't know anything about him then and thought his pic was just another picture.

I really wanted that chest open... and a part of me still does. I think that MMM was the stage that would've had SnS if it had been there but still that chest is always on my mind

Error ID: 10T. Rage Buffer overflow.

Old 14th July 2004, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's that room. Now I know he's a pirate and pirates have chests but we didn't know anything about him then and thought his pic was just another picture.

I really wanted that chest open... and a part of me still does. I think that MMM was the stage that would've had SnS if it had been there but still that chest is always on my mind
Well there *two* of the SnS eggs in there so it's probable.

And in response to the bedroom comment i'm pretty sure there was a bed big enough for Blackeye in there too.

Old 10th August 2004, 11:47 PM
Jinjo

Perhaps the chest can be opened or you could just get in their via a glitch. Something like seeing that book in Super Mario Sunshine...

Old 11th August 2004, 01:26 PM

Refresh my memory, what book?

Was it even in the PAL version?

Old 11th August 2004, 05:42 PM
Dingpot

did you know that blackeye is in the furnace of fun as one of the answers?
the question was" what was the name of the pirate hippo in tressure trove cove" or some thing like that and the answer chocies were blackeye the pirate and captain blubber

Old 12th August 2004, 03:07 AM
Perfect Dan

I really never bothered with any of the secrets that much until the cheat codes came out. When I first saw the icekey/sharkfood island/closed door etc. I just thought thought that I would eventually get them in the game, then I read in my local nintendo mag (before I beat the game of course) that I'd need the sequel for the secrets. I generally didn't bother that much since then, though one time when I found out it was possible to kill snacker in TTC I swam out to Sharkfood Island and hung around it for about a minute and a half to try and find any clues...but I didn't, and then Snacker respawned so I just buggered on out of there