Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 27th August 2007, 11:59 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC
The text "icekey" in DK64 was probably a test for stop n swop. If they were ever going to get it to work with Tooie, Rare would have to make sure it worked at all. Sense DK64 was under development at the time, it would have been easy to test it there. So they set it up for BK to send DK64 the tag to make the ICEKEY text appear in the menu.

BTW, I was half asleep when I wrote this. I may have forgotten to bring my sentences together. If you don't understand just pm or something.
Okay, but Rare's patent suggest's that the old SNS had to do with an Ice-key only. It mentions that a character would pull a lever (Donkey Kong is the only character I know capable of this.), after you go back to BK you get the icekey come back, bring it to the ice-wall and it unlocks a secret "area" beyond the icy cave.

The area didn't have to be a whole new level. It could have been some sort of prize room where you would receive an award such as a new level in multiplayer, or some new characters to play as.

It's probably true that Banjo Tooie destroyed the plan for the original SNS. Rare thought "Hey we are making a sequel anyway's, why don't we use this feature for that instead?", it seem's that time was the only thing Rare had to work against and what caused the ultimate failure of SNS. Had they not switched over to Tooie we most likely still would have the SNS connection in DK64 today. That's my theory.

Also, no one seems to have taken Sub's April Fool's Day News update seriously(The one about the DK64 connection). I agree that the egg's were added on later when it was decided that SNS would be switched over to BT. Also, most of you should know that Sub obviously has had contact with Rare before. He might actually know the full story about SNS as well. If Coolboyman has then I say, why can't SubDrag?

[/Offtopic]

Also, that little bit o' memory.

(P.S. sorry if I got a bit off topic) 0.0

Old 28th August 2007, 12:01 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I don't actually think that you were originally able to fly from nowhere. They probably had it programmed to do it so they can make the video shorter.
Isn't their a code to go to the island where mumbo tells you about the eggs without mumbo or bottles or that girl with the mellons being their? I remember seeing something like that.
That HHB thing about sns was most likely an april fools joke or beta info about the game.

The secret level cannot be hammer head beach because the levels text says snow 2 which also means mount fire eyes can't be the level.

Old 28th August 2007, 12:06 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Actually, you wouldn't really need a secret level(In BK) for SNS to work unless it was hot-swapping I suppose.

Old 28th August 2007, 08:21 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Homework:
1.collect ice key
2.collect eggs
3.activate secret level

Last edited by BanjoPL; 29th August 2007 at 11:06 AM.

Old 28th August 2007, 10:04 AM
Glowbo

Hammerhead Beach is beta Treasure Trove Cove -.-

Old 28th August 2007, 10:09 AM
Missing Hero

...or island where Mumbo show us SNS pictures.

Old 28th August 2007, 10:12 AM
Glowbo

Hmm... Never thought of that before....

Old 28th August 2007, 10:36 AM
Jinjo

I'm pretty sure HMB is just a beta TTC.
Hammerhead could have something to do with an older version of Snacker the shark.

- - Blood

Old 28th August 2007, 01:47 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
The island where mumbo shows you the eggs is in fact TCC because their was a video where you were their but with a catch blubber is their and their are TCC objects around. I just saw a video of it but i don't know if it's real but it certainly looked real. Can someone who hacks the game tell me if it's real or not?
What could snow 2 be? Not HHB, not mount fire eyes. Their are two beta tracks in the game so actually this level could have something to do with sns. What if Hammer head beach shared level data with TCC though.
That mumbo raindance song sounds like a celebration tune.
I am getting closer to sns without using any codes or hacks. I don't even have a cheat device for the n64.

Old 28th August 2007, 02:00 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
I'm starting to come up with a new theory. By ''level'' I think that what rare were referring to were Game modes. Via SNS a new game mode would be unlocked in 3 games, Kazooie, Tooie and DK64. Think about it, sns was dropped. In kazooie and Tooie 2 game modes were dropped from the game, Bottles Revenge and the Tooty game at the end of kazooie. No evidence of a new game mode in dk64 has been found yet, but then again it is a very hard game to hack. We may find something one day.

But I think Steve was right, the new game mode in DK was the abillity to play as banjo and kazooie

Last edited by ssj; 28th August 2007 at 02:03 PM.

Old 28th August 2007, 02:44 PM
Missing Hero

In Banjo-Tooie there are ONLY 90 jiggies....

Last edited by BanjoPL; 29th August 2007 at 11:05 AM.

Old 28th August 2007, 05:15 PM
Dingpot

ok, think about it. snow2, we colected the icekey in "snow". ice key when combined with whatever could open another advert calender pece, advert track plays BINGO! secret level. probley ice & snow filled SNS chamber.

Old 28th August 2007, 11:54 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 6
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123
Also, no one seems to have taken Sub's April Fool's Day News update seriously(The one about the DK64 connection). I agree that the egg's were added on later when it was decided that SNS would be switched over to BT. Also, most of you should know that Sub obviously has had contact with Rare before. He might actually know the full story about SNS as well. If Coolboyman has then I say, why can't SubDrag?
Do you have the original text from that update?

Old 29th August 2007, 12:03 AM
Dingpot

it was complete april fools... dont take it seriously.

we all know what happened with coolboyman, people never herd they were fake after he admited it.

i think we need CBM back though, the TB needs more than just runehero and sjj and foxmcbanjo, and me.

Old 29th August 2007, 12:03 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevethemasterX
i think we need CBM back though, the TB needs more than just runehero and sjj and foxmcbanjo, and me.
Fox is gone.