Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 30th August 2007, 01:12 AM
Dingpot

^i agree

Old 30th August 2007, 09:50 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Your missing the point. If sns was ever in development then it had to be tested. If Rare did as much of a job getting rid of the test as they did with removing objects from the map, then there may be a way to make the icekey text appear in DK64 via BK. I know it probably sounds too hopeful, and it probably is, but isn't worth just a try? The big question is "Can BK effect DK64?" It doesn't matter if DK64 was the intended sns receiver, but if it ever did. The icekey text is proof that the swop took place at some point. There might still be a chance that the swop can still happen. This is a theory that can be tested and proven wright or wrong. We could do so by doing a MOC swop. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like any of us could pull something like that off. But if somebody can find a way to make these games interact at all, then that shows that sns DID work.

BTW I didn't read all of the patient, but that bit about using different games is just enough to make Nintendo say no. I have a old snes game called Bible Games which requires a lock on cartridge to work, but I did some research and realised that the lock out chip was proven to be ineffective against most pirate games. Even with that in mind Rare probably wouldn't make BT lock on with BK due to the extra cost. But there is still a possibility that the Dynamic Drive was at some point the to Stop 'n' Swop. Someone else already brought that up so I won't go into detail about that. Also I spelt swap swop on purpose, just so you know.

Hmmm... I just can't help but post long speeches like that! I promise that the next one will be alot shorter.