Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 14th February 2008, 03:19 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Forget it, has nothing really to do with the topic.

Old 14th February 2008, 03:28 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkerTribe View Post
Yeah... Um, what? We're not talking about the same thing? What's DLM talking about then?
I'll explain anyway, De.

Alright, now we have the pictures I posted, of the castle. Let's call it "Beta Castle" Now we know MFE was in development for BK, but was later scrapped. Lets call that "Beta MFE" What you are saying Conker is that "Beta Castle" later became Angry Aztec. Now while we might know that AA was intended for BK but ended up in DK, we still don't know what actually the "Beta Castle" pictures are of, since Rare has never told us.

Now what De is talking about is "Beta MFE" We know that "Beta MFE was in development for BK, but was later scrapped. Rare themselves has admitted that aspects of "Beta MFE" were later incorporated into Fire Side Hailfire Peaks.

What we don't know, is what the pictures of "Beta Castle" really are. There are a couple of possibilities.

1. I've always know it as, the Giant's Lair, from very early BK development.

2. It could be "Beta Angry Aztec" though the castle might share some similarites, things like the music, and overall theme make this hard to picture.

3. Originally, everyone knew it as "Beta MFE" However thanks to my theory, I've pretty much disproven that it was possibly "Beta MFE" but rather something else.

4. Beta Spiral Mountain, which was something that came up in my theory, but that's a long shot.

Old 14th February 2008, 03:43 AM
New Member of the Year ('07 - '08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakuragod View Post
I'll explain anyway, De.

Alright, now we have the pictures I posted, of the castle. Let's call it "Beta Castle" Now we know MFE was in development for BK, but was later scrapped. Lets call that "Beta MFE" What you are saying Conker is that "Beta Castle" later became Angry Aztec. Now while we might know that AA was intended for BK but ended up in DK, we still don't know what actually the "Beta Castle" pictures are of, since Rare has never told us.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Quote:
Now what De is talking about is "Beta MFE" We know that "Beta MFE was in development for BK, but was later scrapped. Rare themselves has admitted that aspects of "Beta MFE" were later incorporated into Fire Side Hailfire Peaks.
Does anyone have any pictures of beta MFE to show that it even existed? And if not, how did information for it come about? Rare just one day said "We GOTZ MT. FIEERR IIEESY!!! HEEHE, but, now it's gone. "

Quote:
What we don't know, is what the pictures of "Beta Castle" really are. There are a couple of possibilities.

1. I've always know it as, the Giant's Lair, from very early BK development.

2. It could be "Beta Angry Aztec" though the castle might share some similarites, things like the music, and overall theme make this hard to picture.

3. Originally, everyone knew it as "Beta MFE" However thanks to my theory, I've pretty much disproven that it was possibly "Beta MFE" but rather something else.

4. Beta Spiral Mountain, which was something that came up in my theory, but that's a long shot.
Where do you get this stuff? I'm just curious. I never read anything about any Giant's Lair. Was it like an article in a Gaming magazine or something? I wasn't really into this stuff back then.

And seeing as they had originally planned the level for Banjo, they probably had puzzles all ready with that building in mind, so when they were developing DK64, they had different puzzles and so drastic changes had to be made to suit the feel and game play of that game. Also, it's normal for music to evolve through stages of game development.

Also, Fungus Forest was recreated in DK64, a previously planned BK level, so I think it's very likely that this beta level had a similar fate.

Last edited by ConkerTribe; 14th February 2008 at 03:48 AM.

Old 14th February 2008, 03:53 AM
Grunty's Reject

there was some stuff here.

http://www.geocities.com/banjordan/bk/

I know in the Dreams section he mentions a giant, and we see the castle pictures. Because of that, I always associated the two as, the giant's lair.

Old 14th February 2008, 05:50 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
i found this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...umboy/dino.jpg
while looking at this picture http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../giant2654.jpg
from what i can tell its a Dino, is it possible this Beta Mount Fire Eyes might also be a base idea for Terrydactyland? it might be possible that even through beta they had the "base" for a lot of the banjo tooie levels and just decided to leave them out to make them on other games or make them levels in the 2nd game in the series, there is proof that they were working on banjo tooie before the banjo-kazooie game was released because anyone who has seen the end cut scene they talk about it, even though in the pictures they are looking at the secret eggs, they are talking about the banjo-tooie.

who knows maybe the levels they discarded in the banjo-kazooie beta's will come out in banjo three,
i think ill stick with my first theory though that they came out in banjo-tooie
that they just left them out in the first one to see how popular the game was
then once they knew it was going to be a hit they remodeled them and stuck them in the banjo-tooie, just a theory but i know some game makers that do that very same thing, if the game isn't very "detailed" rare could easily cranked out hundreds of characters and levels before picking the top five to test in the beta.

Old 14th February 2008, 09:07 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
I've seen this exact article, word for word on another website, was that you, too?

Old 14th February 2008, 09:47 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I'm guessing you saw it on the Twilight Brigade, huh. We (Me, Yami, and Runehero) run that site. I work on the forums, rune works on the site, and Yami kinda does a bit o'both.

Also, on that picture you brightened, rune: I zoomed into it using a Wii. I could see a faint texture and slope of the wall next to it, and it looks like the same thing Yami is pointing out.

Old 14th February 2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesenek View Post
i found this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...umboy/dino.jpg
while looking at this picture http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../giant2654.jpg
from what i can tell its a Dino, is it possible this Beta Mount Fire Eyes might also be a base idea for Terrydactyland?
Um... That's not a Dino. That's Banjo jumping in the air. 0_o

I looked at that picture for 20 minutes before realizing you were talking about Banjo in that picture.

Old 14th February 2008, 10:30 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:

I looked at that picture for 20 minutes before realizing you were talking about Banjo in that picture.
Its not only banjo jumping, Its a pair f wings comming out of the backpack and theres no kazooie.

Old 14th February 2008, 11:11 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:

How do you see that? I want to see but I can just see a mess of colours XD

Old 14th February 2008, 11:12 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I can only see a dark blur surrounded by another dark blur.

Old 14th February 2008, 11:48 AM

It's Banjo from the back. If you look, you'll see that the blue part is his backpack, and those things on the sides are his arms. It's pretty obvious once you see it. Click here.

Last edited by ConkerTribe; 14th February 2008 at 11:52 AM.

Old 14th February 2008, 12:30 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...rent=giant.jpg

As you can see, it's too blurry to tell.
After seeing this picture, I'd say they where tramps, not shadows

Old 14th February 2008, 01:23 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
it looks as though thats beta spiral mountain and the giants lair was where the stumps are now, since the wall looks the same.

Old 14th February 2008, 02:13 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by J@mie View Post
I've seen this exact article, word for word on another website, was that you, too?
Are you talking about this one?

http://www.freewebs.com/farplanedrag...ntfireeyes.htm

If that's the article you said you've seen before, then yes it was probably me. However, I believe there was only five places I presented it.

Rare Witch Project
www.freewebs.com/farplanedragon
Spiral Mountain
Twilight Brigade
Youtube

If you saw that article somewhere else besides that, then please let me know, preferably through pm, because that means it was most likely stolen.

If you're talking about the shadows matching up, I don't really know what to say. I've only posted it here, so it shouldn't be anywhere else.

Additionally, Farplane Dragon is my more common username, if that's confusing anyone, since I know I tend to switch around alot.