Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 30th July 2005, 07:26 AM
Glowbo

I have a idea about SnS

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here so please dont jump me if I screw up somehow. I recently started playing BK again because I ran across this site. I just beat the game and now have the ice key and 3 of the 6 eggs.
I didnt use a gameshark for anything yet. Anyway about the SnS stuff in alot of pics there is banjo like standing in front of a tree stump or something with the eggs over his head ect... where is this? Anyway I know the basic idea is that the BK game uses 30 seconds of the N64s memory to swap games over. However I pose to you a new idea. BT was supposed to be a 64DD game. Could it be that you were supposed to use the 64dd BT disk with BK in the cart slot. There is a similer game that actually made it out for the DD called F-Zero X. Its a expansion disk that lets you make tracks and cars and such while the F-Zero X cart is in the 64. Maybe BT has a system like this. Anyway I know VERY FEW people have a 64dd so I am offering my help on this idea. I just recently got my 64dd off ebay for 515$ US. I now have it here with me and I was wondering if theres anything I can do to test my idea. Sorry if this has already been posted. I read all the other topics and didnt see anything like this. So tell me what you think. Thanks for reading my wall of text

Last edited by micjohvan; 30th July 2005 at 04:48 PM.

Old 30th July 2005, 09:00 AM
Jinjo

Location: In the biggest hive in CCL, in my own little compartment!
1. Introduce yourself at the lobby.

2. My N64 broke down about a year ago, and I didn't find out about SnS until I joined this forum.

3. Don't get near open flame if you have recently ingested RWPunch. I cannot guarantee your safety.

4. Unless you want to get beat by books, keep yourself from misspelling a lot when I'm around. I'm a grammar freak.

I have a fan-fic! Chapter 7 has been completed! It's really long for me! w00t! Wait a second...... Now Banjo's gone! :eek:

Old 30th July 2005, 03:13 PM
Bunnycomb

Welcome to the forums! so you have a 64dd huh?

Old 30th July 2005, 04:21 PM
Glowbo

I've never heard of this system? Is the DD for disc drive? So it's like the 64 on discs?

Old 30th July 2005, 04:40 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
It was only released in Japan HB. As such word never really got around here, not to mention it wasn't very popular over there hence it dying out rather quickly. Here was the idea:
1. Nintendo would release a disk that would expand on a 64 game (i.e.OoT)
2. Placing the disk in with the game would allow it to add on features that weren't present originally.
3. You'd be able to do new things and go to new places (i.e the rumored Light Temple)

Sadly as I said above it never really caught on. Shame really, I think it would've done very well over here.
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 30th July 2005, 04:43 PM
Glowbo

Yes, I have a 64 disk drive. It cost me a arm and my left nut (can I say nut here?) The 64 disk drive is a add on that connects to the nintendo 64. It connects to the bottem of the console and sits under it and uses disks(not cds). You can see pics and more here. www.64dd.net I got my DD boxed in mint shape with all paper work and 4 games as well as the mouse, modem, capture cart, ect.... its all there.. Anyway it ran me about 515 on ebay$ and I drove in person to pick it up. I have the sandcastle cheats and im working on getting the 6 eggs now then I will switch over to my 64dd rig ( I have 3 rigs. A normal black 64, a green 64, and my 64dd rig) Once I do that I will let you guys know if anything comes of it or if the game says anything with the dd mounted on it. Any other ideas you guys would like me to test. For more info on the 64dd just yahoo it. Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Old 30th July 2005, 04:46 PM
Glowbo

Sorry for double post but R hunter is right about the DD. It never really took off but BT WAS supposed to be for it. Anyway if anyone comes across a BT DD Disk on ebay ever or knows where to find one I would gladly pay over
$1000 for it. (provided I have that much -_-)

Old 30th July 2005, 04:48 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Yeah it's nice to have you. You should do fine, just don't type in 1337 speak. Otherwise Andre'll get ya.
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 30th July 2005, 04:51 PM
Glowbo

I just had a idea. Should I try getting the eggs in on my 64dd rig to see if banjo or kazooie says something diffrent when they are picked up or should I just want until I get all of them to switch over like I was going to. Anyone know about the SnS screen I asked about in my first post. Its not a tree stump behind him but a machine of somesort. Is that just a fake photo or is there a way to get to that area?

Old 30th July 2005, 05:05 PM
Bunnycomb

It's a fake photo from a video that was made by Ice Mario and SubDrag.

Old 30th July 2005, 05:40 PM
Glowbo

They are quite clever, but ya gotta watch out for them.

Old 2nd August 2005, 02:02 AM
Most Underappreciated Member '11 - '12

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award 
If memory serves me right, BT was an unreleased game on the DD. The only thing of it you'll probably find, would be a either a slighty worked on beta cart, or nothing at all. Then again, I saw some of those blue carts/blue 64DD on Ebay. They're Devkits. So, anything on the beta DD version of BT would most likely be on those.

Old 2nd August 2005, 05:45 PM
Bunnycomb

This is slightly off topic, but it's not worth making a new topic for it. I saw pictures online the other day of Shigeru Miymoto sat with a few other people, as one played BK, and it looked as if the cart in front of them was locked on to another in the N64. do people have any comments on this?

I'd include a link to the image but the site no longer seems up.

Old 2nd August 2005, 05:58 PM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
This is slightly off topic, but it's not worth making a new topic for it. I saw pictures online the other day of Shigeru Miymoto sat with a few other people, as one played BK, and it looked as if the cart in front of them was locked on to another in the N64. do people have any comments on this?

I'd include a link to the image but the site no longer seems up.
I do recall once seeing a picture of a BT cart in similar fashion as that of S&K, aka lock on style. However, I haven't seen it in nearly 4 years and am positive it was just a concept design for the cart. As for the picture you are talking about, I've never seen it, but anything is possible.

As for the 64DD idea, I'm not even sure you'd find anything past an alpha version. I highly doubt that Rare released anything out of house, ala beta versions, in 64DD format. Considering how short lived the 64DD was (an impractical), I have this feeling very little was done for BT on it, other than revamping the original BK engine and possibly some levels. Honestly, if a 64DD version of BT showed up somehow, I'm almost positive SnS would not be implicated there. Though if something like that did show up, it would definitely be awesome for other reasons, mainly due to the fact it would probably an alpha (with a slight possibility for a very early beta) version with tons of stuff still being worked on.

Old 3rd August 2005, 12:37 AM
Clanker

what does this do?