Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 8th April 2009, 01:25 PM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Shut 'n' Up

Old 8th April 2009, 01:27 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles View Post
Shut 'n' Up
Best definition ever.

Off topic: How much wood would a Chuck Norris chuck if a Chuck Norris could chuck wood?

Old 8th April 2009, 01:30 PM
Dingpot

If they made a crazy second SNS we would spend another 10 years trying to find some answers. BK 4 would come up with nothing related to it and thus we would spiral into where we are today.

Old 8th April 2009, 02:15 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B2K1 
No, you'd still be able to get the items in BK4, but they unlock pathetically pointless stuff and Banjo gets all excited when he gets it as though there was a 1 in 100 chance of it being in your gamepack.

Old 8th April 2009, 02:19 PM
Bajr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Laurence View Post
Best definition ever.
Quote 'f' Truth

Old 9th April 2009, 02:18 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles View Post
Quote 'f' Truth
Wouldn't it be quoted 'r truth?

Old 9th April 2009, 02:32 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
*sigh*

It always frustrates me when people act like Stop and Swap was something that was intentionally left out of Banjo Tooie and was just some super secret easter egg in Banjo Kazooie that they left in there unfinished to haunt us for years...

Don't forget everybody!!! Stop and Swap WAS originally planned to be 100 percent functional and finished! It wasn't just in there to tease us!
Them leaving something else like this in another one of their games wouldn't happen, at least not like everyone is making it out to seem like!!!

I'm SURE there are probably some minor fragments of unfinished ideas or items left in Nuts and Bolts, maybe even things we may eventually compare to the likes of SnS, but these things aren't thrown in there to give us new mysteries to ponder over...

lol

*DESPITE* the fact that we WISH they were!

Old 9th April 2009, 02:35 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B2K1 
It wasn't meant to be a fun tease, but that's what it turned into. Also, I think that it's better this way. We'd probably remember SNS now just as much as say, the locations of the warp cauldrons in BK if it worked.

Old 9th April 2009, 02:43 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Exactly!!!
It wasn't meant to be a fun tease.
It wasn't meant to be a tease at ALL.

These people put their time, and their money into developing a concept that never even got used. Why the hell would they waste all of those resources into something that I'm sure took them WEEKS, only to drop it??? Ya see, it is what it is, and that's all if will ever be for all eternity. Unless they go back and redo the N64 JUST for that game, we will NEVER see it brought back the way it was meant to, even with the XBLA ports, it still won't be the same!

I mean, I remember the very first time I found out about Stop and Swap (before I even knew about the menu title, Stop and Swap!)
It was the first time I had ever beat Gruntilda after actually collecting 100 percent of the items in the game. I saw those pictures from Mumbo, and my jaw just DROPPED. I made it my GOAL for the next week or two, to try every conceivable method to get to those items...but to no avail.

And I ALSO remember when I got Tooie, I had my Banjo Kazooie cartridge laying near in preparation for using the fabled Stop and Swap for the very first time. Upon learning it had been changed, I was pretty much crushed.

And for years, it just became a lingering mystery, one that could never truly fully be solved....
And even if Rare ever told us 100 percent, the complete process, the complete truth, and every little detail that is left in there, or was going to be in there, we'd STILL have our own theories, our own suspicions (OH MY GOD!!! I bet that you became POLAR BEAR PANDA MEGA GLOWBO SUPER BANJO CAUSE OF SNS!111!!! OH EHM GEE!!!)

There are still little lingering mysteries I often wonder about, mostly in Tooie since the Kazooie game is basically solved to a dime...
And as complicated as the coding is getting with these more modern games, I doubt we'll ever find much more secrets in them than we've found due to obvious glitches and hints from developers. And that's that!

Old 9th April 2009, 02:53 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B2K1 
I know it wasn't intended, but like I said before, really think about it. It would have become a forgotten feature, like the GBA-GC link cable. It's more famous this way, even if it wasn't intended to be so.

Old 9th April 2009, 02:59 PM
Bajr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_queen3 View Post
Wouldn't it be quoted 'r truth?
Actually, since it's:

Stop And Swop

It would be:

Quote For Truth

Old 9th April 2009, 03:11 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy View Post
It would have become a forgotten feature, like the GBA-GC link cable.
Hahaha, forgot about that...I remember how big of a deal they made it back then too...
I think the only game I ever used to connect to the GC was the Four Swords Adventure...

Ya know, if we never had Gamesharks, it is VERY likely we may never had known about the whole 'Stop and Swap' part of the mystery until MUCH MUCH later, if EVER. We may have only picked up on little bits and pieces of the puzzle...I am grateful that we had a Stop and Swap, however, because it really made me dig deep into many other game titles because of it, to find secrets...some of which actually worked out to my advantage!

Old 9th April 2009, 04:23 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B2K1 
No, people would have used crazy jumping techniques like the one to get you to the top of MM as Banjo in order to go over the Ice Key wall.

Old 9th April 2009, 08:44 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 2
Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
No. Too much hype. Too much stupid theory. Too much SNS.

Old 9th April 2009, 08:59 PM
Bajr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinBan View Post
Too much SNS.
YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT