Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 17th September 2006, 11:23 PM
Glowbo

Wait, wait, wait, I'm confused.

We don't NEED the SNS items for Banjo to say "Who's that pirate in the back room?" or whatever, right? You "got" (cough) the message just by fooling around without the eggs and key?

I mean, I'd be happy to blow a few hours of my worthless life shooting robotic breegull eggs under a video game pirate's table to see if anything happens, but I don't know if I want to completely beat Tooie again; this time without getting the SNS items. And those 100% complete codes never seem to work. Ever.

Last edited by Lemmiwinks; 17th September 2006 at 11:32 PM.

Old 17th September 2006, 11:27 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
I dunno the whole video looks very ummm fake....and we only get a few pics of evidence...because your to lazy to record it...meh seems just all....meh

Old 17th September 2006, 11:31 PM
Glowbo

Why does no one pay attention to his video? It said they didn't record it because it just happened randomly and recording it with hypercam sometimes causes the game to crash. And if you say "Then why did they have video of banjo going in the bar and using the egg?" then you still weren't paying attention. The video is a reenacment of what he did to get it to happen, and was done by someone else using a diffrent program to record it.

Old 17th September 2006, 11:36 PM
Glowbo

Well, if he was using an emulator, he should have just took a bunch of screenshots before trying to record it. It's as easy as pressing F3 in PJ64. Or would that just cause "Black Barrage" too?

Last edited by Lemmiwinks; 17th September 2006 at 11:38 PM.

Old 17th September 2006, 11:40 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks
Well, if he was using an emulator, he should have just took a bunch of screenshots before trying to record it. It's as easy as pressing F3 in PJ64. Or would that just cause "Black Barrage" too?
He had to talk to Jolly like 1000 times to get it to work in the first place, and it would more than likley freeze anyways, so he didn't.

Old 18th September 2006, 12:06 AM
Glowbo

I wouldn't be surprised if you were him.

I'll try it tonight.

Old 18th September 2006, 12:12 AM
Bunnycomb

I'd suggest getting a tv card (allowes for stuf to be hooked up to a computer that would normally hook up to a tv or vcr.) then Stop n Swop can be recorded allong with Sonic 2's own version. (for easy level select in Sonic 3 alone.)

Old 18th September 2006, 12:15 AM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuthehedgehog
Why does no one pay attention to his video? It said they didn't record it because it just happened randomly and recording it with hypercam sometimes causes the game to crash. And if you say "Then why did they have video of banjo going in the bar and using the egg?" then you still weren't paying attention. The video is a reenacment of what he did to get it to happen, and was done by someone else using a diffrent program to record it.
1) So what you're saying is that he got all this to work, and then used a Gameshark code/image editor to "reenact" the "Who is the pirate..." shot.

2) The "complete game" thing is questionable at best. If the game tries to send you to a non-existant area, then yes, it will freeze, but, to the best of my knowledge, you can't make the game load data that just isn't there. Even if you bypass the freeze point in the cutscene, the game would still freeze if it tried to load other non-existant assets.

3) Everything in this video could have been typed, as opposed to edited into a video. It would be faster to read, and it wouldn't cause people to think, "But it's in a video, so it MUST be true!"

4) The "complete game" code gives you everything. Including the Glowbo.

5) Being "afraid of getting the Black Barrage" is understandable, but you'd have to try recording to know if you'd get it or not. And you could just make a savestate after Jolly says his new message to preserve the game's RAM "as-is," then try recording. If that doesn't work, reload the savestate and try again.

6) Care to share some of this code editing? Or, at the very least, relevant information?

7) It looks like this finally worked on an emulator, which has a built-in screenshot function. So where's the screenshot of the "prompt message"?

8) Wait...what is this? The video in the credits was taken using...HyperCam?

pinkbull?

Last edited by Icy Guy; 18th September 2006 at 12:17 AM.

Old 18th September 2006, 12:27 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Guy
1) So what you're saying is that he got all this to work, and then used a Gameshark code/image editor to "reenact" the "Who is the pirate..." shot.

2) The "complete game" thing is questionable at best. If the game tries to send you to a non-existant area, then yes, it will freeze, but, to the best of my knowledge, you can't make the game load data that just isn't there. Even if you bypass the freeze point in the cutscene, the game would still freeze if it tried to load other non-existant assets.

3) Everything in this video could have been typed, as opposed to edited into a video. It would be faster to read, and it wouldn't cause people to think, "But it's in a video, so it MUST be true!"

4) The "complete game" code gives you everything. Including the Glowbo.

5) Being "afraid of getting the Black Barrage" is understandable, but you'd have to try recording to know if you'd get it or not. And you could just make a savestate after Jolly says his new message to preserve the game's RAM "as-is," then try recording. If that doesn't work, reload the savestate and try again.

6) Care to share some of this code editing? Or, at the very least, relevant information?

7) It looks like this finally worked on an emulator, which has a built-in screenshot function. So where's the screenshot of the "prompt message"?

8) Wait...what is this? The video in the credits was taken using...HyperCam?

pinkbull?
Not the complete game CODE, you must complete the game without getting The prizes for SNS in tooie

The hypercam job was done by ME, if you choose LerakoLanches videos, you will see a video marked Stop N Swop, Hyper cam is what I use to record.

Old 18th September 2006, 12:34 AM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
HyperCam info noted.

I think you're pulling a fast one on us. In the first post of your topic, you said:
Quote:
1.) Go to Jollys Tavern WITH The Ice Key, The Mystery Blue Egg, The Mystery Pink Egg AND the game complete (Use the cheat on emulator)
But now you're saying that we have to complete BT WITHOUT getting the secret items?

Old 18th September 2006, 12:41 AM
Glowbo

so all stop n swap is, is a treasure chest opening?... And do you have to have an emulator??

Old 18th September 2006, 01:23 AM
Most Underappreciated Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpsSomethingOrOtherThatIDontRemeber
It's not fake (read previous post). And my cam doesn't record sound so I used music from VGMusic, which is better IMO.
Lol, VGMusic has MIDIs, you obviously used a MP3 rip from BT.

Howz about Zeek looks at this video, eh?

Well, the first major thing I noticed was the opened chest. It is horribly pasted in and does not have much of a 3D render at all. The pattern inside of the chest is does not mach up with the 3D lighting that even the chest itself does contain (And is also horribly done). Also, the video claims that so and so has found Stop and Swop and what not, but still hasn't. He/She hasn't really done it yet, but has "found" the methods of doing it. Thus, hasn't done it at all. Next thing. I looked again at the Ice Key within the chest. Another horrible paste job. It is seemingly a tranparentblue shoved infront of the chest.

That's all for now.

Last edited by Zeek; 18th September 2006 at 01:25 AM.

Old 18th September 2006, 01:32 AM
Bunnycomb

I have to agree with zeek here on the chest. It looks flat unlike the one next to it.

Old 18th September 2006, 01:35 AM
Dingpot

Location: NYC, on top of the Empire State Building with a grenade launcher.
lol, real or fake, its cool.

Old 18th September 2006, 01:51 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek
Lol, VGMusic has MIDIs, you obviously used a MP3 rip from BT.
No he didn;t. It was a midi from BT.