Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 25th February 2007, 10:39 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Lightbulb Brand Spankin' New SNS Theory

Okay, here goes; I'm pretty sure no one's thought of this before, but in case I'm wrong, I apologize in advance. Anyway, you know how Ice and Sub (and, subsequently, us) unlocked the rooms to the enigmatic Stop N' Swop items by using the tiles on the sandcastle floor? Maybe those seven items are the only ones that can be salvaged from that particular room, (the sandcastle) but now that coolboyman discovered the seventh secret egg, I think we should start looking elsewhere for code introduction.

And thus, I bring you to the church in Mad Monster Mansion. As you've certainly noticed before, there's a book with sheet music on it on the organ Motzand is playing; those notes correspond to the first few notes of the level's theme music. Playing them right there and then on the organ does not unlock anything, as far as I've heard, (if I only imagined to have heard that somebody had tried it and that it didn't work, then please try it now!) but certainly that's not the only place you could beak bust the notes. So we look elsewhere.

My prime suspects are the turtles in the Tiptup Choir. I'm sure you've realized that after you get that particular jiggy and then return inside Tanktup, the little turtles have disappeared; likewise, their shells are the color of the secret eggs. Interestingly enough, the turtles belong to a big musical motif and chant out notes when you beak-bust them. (warning: plot thickens ahead) So, maybe if we have them sing the music written on Motzand's sheet music, we'll trigger something. The reason I mentioned that the turtles disappear is so you don't have unlimited time to set the code in motion; this could have been one of Rare's little tricks, don't you think?

But, of course, there's other places where we might try to input the code. The giant ouija board in the Mad Monster Mansion cellar, with its letters and all, might also be a good place for the code. Just like with the turtles, the character that enables us to use the room for what it's worth (in this case, Tumblar) vanishes once you get the jiggy, possibly for the same reason I stated above. And, if you'd care to remember, the ghost that flies around the room while you try to spell your game's title is purple, and that is (correct!) the same color as coolboyman's egg. The only problem I see here is that you lose energy for every letter you get wrong, so I'm not sure if it'd be even possible to spell out the notes without meeting an early demise, though perhaps a full red energy bar might help us pull it off...

Hang on to your hats, there's two more examples to go.

Now, we mustn't discard the sandcastle floor completely. As we would have to perform on the ouija board, it is possible and completely safe to spell out the notes on the tiles if we use their fully-spelled (I can't think of any other way to describe that) names; that is, do re mi fa so la ti and all their little friends and family. This is the least likely of all the possibilities because if there was more to do in that place, I assume Ice and Sub would have fished it out by now, but I'm just saying you never know; just look at the purple egg!

Now for the radical one of the bunch: the code chamber in Mayahem Temple. I don't know about you, but I always thought the games would be connected via codes before Banjo Tooie came out; the way I saw it, you would get a code in the second game that would allow you to collect an item in the first, and that item would probably give you a code you can use in the second game to bring the item there and use it, with no actual 'swopping' of games involved. Now, since we've already gotten seven of the eight known secret items and they provide you with nothing that even resembles a code, I guess this line of thought is mistaken, but we have seen the picture of the mystery code ("the chosen one y...") that I think is highly unlikely to be a real beta screenshot. And in the Banjo-Kazooie guide, there's the picture of the modified beauty room. I also suspect that these are bona fide clues to the discovery of the greatest gaming mystery in history, and we'd do well to follow them as closely as we can.

And that, fellow Projecteers, is my patented brand spankin' new SNS theory. Any questions?

Old 25th February 2007, 10:57 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
What picrure in the BK guide are you talking about ? The one I pointed out?

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 25th February 2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyme123
What picrure in the BK guide are you talking about ? The one I pointed out?
Yup, that's the one.

Old 25th February 2007, 11:01 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Well id say its well thought out. Although i doubt the beauty rooms part, but that sheet music is a good theory, but maybe thats the music motzart has you play to get the jiggy?

Old 25th February 2007, 11:08 PM
Funk Soul Brother

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Hmm...the music parts sound plausible..someone should go check that out..but I can't,seeing as I don't have a BT rom...or cartridge..anway,great theory!
-CK-

Old 25th February 2007, 11:08 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
I say that's good theory, but it kinda sounds too elaborate to be true.

Old 25th February 2007, 11:13 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
Even though I am skeptical, what about playing the notes in the SnS fanfare on the musical aspects?

Old 25th February 2007, 11:19 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
That's a GREAT theory. And you Don't need a GS for it!

Old 25th February 2007, 11:33 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
I'm terribly sorry, Mandolin but that sheet music is simply the MMM main theme. Play it on a keyboard, that's what it is. I think Rare just put that keyboard music to be funny, as when you do pound on the notes after Motzhand is gone, it will ALWAYS play the MMM main theme.

I don't think the music has very much significance, it's just simply the MMM main theme thrown in for kicks to make the mood and atmosphere feel right.

Sorry....

HOWEVER. There is possibility for the keyboard or ouiji board to still be a code chamber of some sorts. Just not anything having to do with the sheet music...

Old 25th February 2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
I'm terribly sorry, Mandolin but that sheet music is simply the MMM main theme.
I know. I mentioned it early on in my brilliant brand spankin' new theory, so you must have missed it. But just because it's a particular musical piece and not a random collection of notes doesn't mean that it can't be used to uncover mysteries, does it?

Old 25th February 2007, 11:58 PM
Brash Breegull

O__o Well, it's better thought-out than my SNS ideas. I think it's plausible!

Old 26th February 2007, 12:19 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
Nice theory!

You had me engaged, nice typin'! I too think its all very plausible. Hopefully, something is discovered.

Old 26th February 2007, 02:31 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
I actually had though of the Turtles, but didn't want to say anything. It's definitely plausible! You have some great theories (ones that I've considered myself, but never really gave much second thought) Who knows, some of them may be true.

Old 26th February 2007, 08:42 AM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
Well done, you've achieved something no-one else has.

Getting me to read a huge WoT on the internet all the way through.

But, yeah I like the idea...whether or not is works is the actually problem though

Old 27th February 2007, 04:47 AM
Glowbo

I don't think typing in codes anywhere else would do anything. Personally I think the sandcastle was used to store codes for programmers to check the game for glitches or whatever (hence the stupid codes like the pipes to clankers cavern). What I don't get is why these codes weren't removed in the first place if we were not meant to have them (obviously we weren't, that is why games get deleted whenever you use any that will automatically progress you through the game).

I dunno, it certainly is worth a shot, the problem lies in figuring out what to type in. I am not gonna pretend to understand how the sandcastle cheats were discovered, but from my understanding it was a long and difficult process, so on the off chance that other codes exist elsewhere could a similair method be used to find them?

Lastly is there anywhere where subdrag/icemario released what they did to find these codes in the first place?