Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 27th February 2007, 10:17 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Wow... That was a really good thought out theory... I just have one question... What was your inspiration? Did it just pop in your head, or is there another reason you thought of it? I am not trying to be annoying, I am just very curious...

Old 28th February 2007, 02:34 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodynamics
Wow... That was a really good thought out theory... I just have one question... What was your inspiration? Did it just pop in your head, or is there another reason you thought of it? I am not trying to be annoying, I am just very curious...
The idea about using the Tiptup Choir turtles instead of sandcastle tiles came to me back when I visited this website but before I joined as a member. I took notice that certain characters in "Banjo-Kazooie" vanish after you've used them to progress through the game while others remain around forever, and I wondered why the programmers bothered to make that distinction. Shortly afterwards, it came to my attention that the shells of the little turtles were the same as that of the secret eggs, and I just juggled those ideas around in my head until I arrived at this basic idea. Add the discovery of a seventh secret egg, and my head just started trying to relate these little clues with manners in which a secret code would be hidden.

By the way, I also came up with a certain order in which the secret SNS items should be obtained. The eyes on the gold crocodile statues in Bubblegloop Swamp are also the same color as the eggs. Maybe grabbing the items in the order in which the crocodiles have to be fed will trigger some sort of response from the game. I think it's been tried before, though, with unsatisfactory results.

Anyway, thanks for your interest in my theory!

Old 28th February 2007, 03:00 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
The code chamber theory does sound very plausible. I mean, the code chamber was used in typing in a code in order to get a Jiggy. So did the ouija board and Tiptup choir. In that way, they seem a bit similar. Like there can be a lot more to them. Sounds a bit badly worded, but that's my thoughts.

Old 1st March 2007, 09:31 PM
Glowbo

Nice theory, you had me going

That's a very interesting thought about the Tiptup Choir being the same colour as the eggs, and the discovery of that seventh egg makes the theory just that bit more likely.

I think it's plausible, not as elaborate as some of the other theories here.

Old 1st March 2007, 11:59 PM
Clanker

Wow...i mean- wow....inCREDIBLE! I love it! Beats the heck out of my SNS idea with Pawno's emporium

Old 2nd March 2007, 02:34 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
Yes, the discovery of the purple and orange eggs REALLY support this theory... who knows... you may be sort of on to something. Or maybe at least on to an original plan of Rare's...

Old 2nd March 2007, 05:29 AM
Glowbo

I dunno about the turtles, would Rare really do this knowing that several people would be very annoyed about having to replay the game to get back there to enter the code? I just don't think they would have much to gain from that. The piano and other things like that are much more likely IMO.

Old 2nd March 2007, 08:00 AM
The Last Gunslinger

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin
By the way, I also came up with a certain order in which the secret SNS items should be obtained. The eyes on the gold crocodile statues in Bubblegloop Swamp are also the same color as the eggs. Maybe grabbing the items in the order in which the crocodiles have to be fed will trigger some sort of response from the game. I think it's been tried before, though, with unsatisfactory results.

Anyway, thanks for your interest in my theory!
Been there done that.

Old 3rd March 2007, 12:57 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarAang
I dunno about the turtles, would Rare really do this knowing that several people would be very annoyed about having to replay the game to get back there to enter the code?
I see, but one could always open another file.

By the way, I think it's pretty obvious why you can't get rid of the secret items. Quite simply, they're required for another game, so collecting them in "Banjo-Kazooie" behaves as though you'd found them elsewhere and you clearly can't delete game progress in one game through another. I know you already knew this, but someone needed to post it so it does not stay in the realm of rumor and such.

Old 3rd March 2007, 01:51 AM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
This is a pretty good theory. Better then most of the stuff that pop up here. I just couldn't refuse the title " Brand Spankin' New SNS Theory" 'cuz it was, y'know, new! Like the cinnarolls at Cinnabon. Mmmmmmm.....

Anyway, I like the idea, but have one question. For the notes on the sheet music, how would you correspond the sheet music to the turtles? As far as I remember, the turtles weren't told which notes they are, so how is it possible?

Unless, of course, you do doe ray me, but I don't think thatt'll work.

Old 3rd March 2007, 05:42 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I tryed the turtles yesterday.The notes they make are not corrispondent with MMM's theme song.The colours are not actualy all the SnS eggs we can get.There is a purple turtle instead of the green.

Old 3rd March 2007, 06:50 PM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
...Or maybe its Mandolin's and CoolBoyMan's diabolical scheme to trick us into thinking SNS exists again! Guys, April is next month.

Oh...I really don't know what to believe. It all confuses me, so if SnS is discovered, tell me.

Lol.

Old 3rd March 2007, 07:01 PM
Funk Soul Brother

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Just wait,2 days after April 1st and all will be revelaed...*snikers*...
Anyway,I guess the turtles theory is canned,seeing as the music notes don't sound the same.Now on to the next theory of yours Mandolin!Anyone willing to give that one a shot?

Old 3rd March 2007, 07:43 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Anyways how would he have made a vid of the orange egg? And even if he changed the color of the base egg to orange someone, how would he have added that nice looking graphical effect? Hmm? You tell me.

Old 3rd March 2007, 07:54 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkerKing
Just wait,2 days after April 1st and all will be revelaed...*snikers*...
What's that supposed to mean?

Also: There still could be some sort of use for the turtles...who knows. Probably not though...