Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 30th March 2007, 11:56 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Arrow Gregg Mayles SNS keynote

I think RARE finally has given us further clues of SNS which has made me to come up with a theory

What if SNS is actually some sort of plot? As you can see, CBM found the orange SNS egg, which caused RARE to act wierdly since the discovery

In the retro gamer interwiew, it seemes that the truth has yet to unfold itself, for it seemes that more of SNS is yet to come...

Just as much of our members predicted, it looks like SNS is likely to be incorperated into B3...

They also make a hint of B3 relese date, If they incorperate SNS, it would be due to the fact, that next year, the B-K franchise turns 10 years old...

HOWEVER,
There is something that drives me crazy, and this is directed to all of the members and administators

HOW, JUST PLEASE TELL ME, HOW COULD WE HAVE EVER REJECTED B-K's CREATOR TO TELL US THE DEFINITE TRUTH!!!

and yes, admins, I want you to give us the list of ex-members of the forums.
One of them must have been Gregg himslef!!

Old 30th March 2007, 11:59 PM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Total Awards: 3
Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
We got so many fake sns ideas back then that we diddnt beleive him. But if i remember correctly we told him about the fakes and he understood, you can't blame us.

Old 31st March 2007, 12:01 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmzroll
HOW, JUST PLEASE TELL ME, HOW COULD WE HAVE EVER REJECTED B-K's CREATOR TO TELL US THE DEFINITE TRUTH!!!
...go read the whole thread. The account that Gregg Mayles used was not rejected by people in any way.

Old 31st March 2007, 12:02 AM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
It's already been said countless times already.

He was the member Ghouly Boy - Here
He had two posts - Here - Post 1 - Post 2
It was in this thread - Here

No one knew it was him. No one rejected anything of his or drove him out of the forums in any way. He was basically just not taken much notice of, as people had no idea who he was.

And if this is a theory like you said then it should be in the theory's board.

Old 31st March 2007, 12:11 AM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
What? But there was a thread like, a year ago where this guy said he was the creator of banjo kazooie and offered to tell us everything. Or at least i think so, its blurry.

Old 31st March 2007, 12:14 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Do you suggest I shuld move this tread?

Old 31st March 2007, 12:15 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Total Awards: 1
RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjo
What? But there was a thread like, a year ago where this guy said he was the creator of banjo kazooie and offered to tell us everything. Or at least i think so, its blurry.
Do you remember what the thread was about and what month it was in?

Old 31st March 2007, 12:21 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjo
That was bobthebuilder, he said he had worked on BK and he was called David Wong, and his theory was the fakest ever.
People kept posting loopholes and flaws in his theory, until he eventually came out and said it was all fake and he had us owned, etc (even though we actually outsmarted him)...

The thread: http://rarewitchproject.com/forums/s...2123#post72123

The post where he admitted it was fake: http://rarewitchproject.com/forums/s...3&postcount=85

EDIT:Also, I already posted this a couple of times, but here's the undeniable proof that Ghouly Boy was really Gregg Mayles:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghouly Boy
This is true Slaphappy, but not as you think. Did you know that Project Dream originated on the SNES?
We didn't know that Dream started off as a Snes game until a few months ago, when it was commented on the scribes.
So there you go.

Last edited by LaorBR; 31st March 2007 at 12:31 AM.

Old 31st March 2007, 03:31 AM
McLovin

INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
The proof that it's Gregg Mayles is that his email address is Rareware's and the email was validated by him clicking validate. Anyways, I don't know why what he said was ignored, I think people were just confused and chose to ignore it.

Old 31st March 2007, 03:58 AM
Dingpot

I'm surprised it was ignored too.

Sub, not to sound rude or anything, but why didn't you or Ice say something?

I'm just curious, and not mad

Old 31st March 2007, 03:59 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
I think they also didn't know until now.

Old 31st March 2007, 04:01 AM
Dingpot

I see. I thought they were on vacation... I'm sure they need one as bad as I do.

Old 31st March 2007, 04:15 AM
McLovin

INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
I can't remember, I may been very busy and not checking the forums as much, or I didn't quite read every post carefully. I didn't know it was Gregg Mayles until about 2 months ago. It seems like something we all shouldn't have missed, but hey we all make mistakes and it just flew under the radar. Plus I can't imagine he would've really told us much more.

When I did notice it (2 months ago), I did email him and say tssk haven't visited in two years, missed it till now, Rare should partner with RWP to help improve BK and should work together to try and sell more copies, but he didn't respond. It couldn't hurt to give Ice and I early copies to review and promos and early screenshots, could it...I think it would help...

Old 31st March 2007, 04:19 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Gregg Mayles was actually a member here once?! Holy cow!

Old 31st March 2007, 04:36 AM
Dingpot

RWP Note Medal 
His first post didn't strike me strange at all since it was known that Dream didn't start with a Bear, and in fact had a boy as the main character.

Dream's First Appearance May 1997

As for his second response, I don't know if I didn't come to forum for a bit or what. He stated things as fact, and I would have challenged his statement about Bottles Revenge coming at the end of the development cycle. I would have said that it was demoed at E3 so it was clearly being coded at the beginning of BT. I wonder how that would have gone over. Unless he meant BR and SNS were both concepts at the conclusions of BK.