Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 3rd April 2007, 02:53 AM
Bunnycomb

I can't believe the amount of attention this is getting.

He said he thought all of your guys' reaction to the whole SnS thing is rediculous. You're only proving his point.

Can't you just accept the fact that everyone is thoroughly pwned and MOVE ON?

Old 3rd April 2007, 02:53 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Nope.

Old 3rd April 2007, 03:01 AM
Bunnycomb

Well why not? The guy is clearly being an ass. ON APRIL FOOLS, OMG NO HE DIDN'T! So what.

Or maybe I'm missing the whole point entirely?

Old 3rd April 2007, 03:04 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by samf
I'm not surprised if so many people left. I honestly hate Coolboyman now, because I defended him when people said it was fake, and I believed in it.
It was a hard joke but it acutally proved how insanely intent we're trying to find stop n' swap and I think it was acutally a good thing CBM did this or I'd probably still be thinking of theories about it.
I am pretty new but I could easily see CBM was an excellent hacker among other things. Good bye and have fun elsewhere.

Old 3rd April 2007, 03:06 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Guy
This is post 1881, which clearly means I'm hiding the cyan egg in my pocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGot
Yo momma’s so ugly when she goes to the beach, the tide won't come in!
Ha ha best posts in a long time.

Old 3rd April 2007, 03:24 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
I seem to be hearing a lot of elitism in this thread. Which made me think...

People today wonder why the younger generations don't trust/don't like the older ones, or why "kids today don't respect their elders." Hmmmm. So, are we suppoused to bow down to those with a higher post count?

Secondly, and by far my most favorite thought, is why are we arguing over teh interwebz? "Areguing over the internet is like running in the special Olympics, it doesn't matter if you win, you're still retarded." Just thought that fit this topic. I know it's kind of hypocritical that I'm typing that, but still, the quote's power-level is over 9000 (sorry, just showed that video to my friend).

CBM, you went out with a bang. Congrats. Not saying it's bad, and I'd probably do the same if I could... But I'll never be able to... me = can't hack. But did you really need to start so earily?

Everyone else (me included), it's April 2nd, April Fool's Day is over. CBM is gone, at least I THINK so. Do we need to keep on arguing about how much you liked/disliked the joke? I know it might have offended some, and I understand that, but can't you keep it to yourself? It takes a lot of time and energy to type out all your complaints on this forum, trust me O_o.

Summary: MOVE ON! LOOK FORWARD TO B3! USE CAPS LOCK!

Old 3rd April 2007, 03:33 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNel
Summary: MOVE ON! LOOK FORWARD TO B3! USE CAPS LOCK!
Absolutely all that needed to be said.

Old 3rd April 2007, 03:33 AM
Dingpot

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez
Sorry, i just felt i had to post here again.

Erm...no. So what, the forum and it's members are your test subjects?

Yeah, well what do you expect? You know people are looking for info on SNS, so how do you think we gonna act when someone posts that they have found new eggs?

So Rare need to make us play their games with SNS hints eh?

Really i think this was a very calculated and manipulated AFJ. I mean sure, last years had people buying BT and BK catridges, but that was all in good fun. You have, in a sense, made the forum into your own little experiment, looking down your nose at us all for believing in you.

"lolz you think SNS exists ur thick" is not much of an argument CoolBoyMan. I mean, okay yes Rare keeps moaning about us bringing it up, but that makes them massive ****ing hypocrits. They moan about us talkin about it to them, then drop hints in their ****ing games to stir **** up!

From what i remember, everyone thought SNS was over before Ice and Sub found the Sandcastle Codes, same with Bottles' Revenge.

Your moaning about it not being about Banjo, well IT IS! There is a section for anything SNS related, and a section for the Banjo games in general. Okay some people might post theories in there but they are normally moved.

Don't you think you're being a hypocrit too, by saying "Stop hacking the game for SNS" but telling us to hack Banjo games for any info. What other info is there gonna be? What, you expecting to find Mount Fire Eyes in BK or something? Or Grunty's beta image?

Despite the little i knew about you, i didn't think anybody would go to such trouble to lie to the whole forum, and essentially treat them like scum. Your blatant insulting of us in this thread is bad enough, but then the fact that you **** off after saying it so that nobody else can say anything (ie you've had the last word) is ****ing sickening to me.

You are a ****ing prick CBM. I don't care what any of these others say, and i don't care if my small post count makes me lower than most other members. Hell, i don't care if you come back and argue with me, you are a prick.
This post made me laugh pretty hard, cause sometimes it's nice to see someone post with passion.

And more importantly I quoted it so Icy Guy will have to clear out this post too.
And that makes me laugh some more. Sorry Icy!

Old 3rd April 2007, 03:58 AM
Dingpot

I believed the finds were real for the majority of the time, but the original topic just highlighted for me why this forum has gone down the drain: Too many young, immature members who can't take a joke or get their jollies *glaring* at people. SNS has been dead for at least a few years now, and even these finds weren't going to revive any functionality. None of you should waste your money on GameSharks because you think you'll discover something new, unless you actually know something about programming/hacking, and even then there's nothing left to be found in any of the Banjo games.

Why don't girls ever notice me?

Old 3rd April 2007, 04:15 AM
Glowbo

I have been trolling for a while now, and I also fell for the joke. I couldn't disprove it since I can barely work a gameshark, much less hack. But this SNS is dead talk reminds me of another situation with a game thats held in higher regard than even bk/bt: Pokemon (Yeah its childish, but a bear in shorts isn't?)

I remember all the theories/false methods that went around. God knows there were way to many. People spent years hacking the memory to try to unlock a certain pokemon named Mew. Years went by, with everyone saying "Give up, you can't get Mew without a gameshark". Even Nintendo stated on several occasions that it is impossible. Some people wouldn't take no for an answer, and eventually those naysayers were proven wrong. Now everybody can have a Mew on their first gen pokemon games.

While this seems more applicable to the sandcastle codes than to the actual Stop N Swop feature, the same lesson applies. If you enjoy searching, then do it. Just cause the game is 10 years old doesn't mean you won't find something new, especially in BT, which I understand is almost hackerproof. Yeah, I believe Stop N Swop is dead, but that doesn't mean that there is nothing left to find. Who knows, maybe it is still alive? Maybe it isn't, but some rewards for it may still be in BT, even if it is just a lame 1 minute cutscene. The point is, quit saying there is nothing left to find, cause history has proven that this simply isn't always the case. The 1st gen pokemon games were built on a much simplier engine than bk/bt, and it still took years for people to figure out how to manipulate it to achieve their goals.

As for the prank: I think it was cruel to lead people in the wrong direction. However, it is also common knowledge (at least in the scientific communitty) that nothing is to be believed until it can be duplicated by someone else. Although I guess not everybody knew savestates could be altered the way this one was, so I guess it was possible to mistake that as proof. So yeah, I personally say Coolboyman was out of line when playing the jokes, but since I couldn't duplicate it I was rather suspicious.

Last edited by smartguy3001; 3rd April 2007 at 04:29 AM.

Old 3rd April 2007, 04:32 AM
Dingpot

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Man
and even then there's nothing left to be found in any of the Banjo games.
Allow me to jump on my soapbox for just a moment as I agree with smartguy3001.

Mystery Man, I won't flame you, but you are dead wrong.

There are still things to find, even in BK. I have some stuff that I will be posting in the near future, nothing earth shattering, but new and interesting. And that may lead to other new things. Everyone believed there were no new Sandcastle Codes in BK. I hacked them out in my own way and found one that was overlooked. This effort helped lead to disproving a belief we all had about being able to open TTC with a sandcastle code. Then Sub took a look and found that there were slots for 20 Special cutscene codes. Maybe not ever used, but there nonetheless. And he found that there was a function to refill your health in a gap in the codes. What other functions are in those gaps? We don't know, but whatever may be there is yet to be discovered.

So you see, if there are still things in BK, what do you think about the much harder to hack BT?

Let's all, I'll get down now.

Old 3rd April 2007, 04:49 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaorBR
Meh, when I said that I was annoyed with thatguyjr's walls of text that were saying that same stuff over and over and accusing CBM of stuff he didn't do... Heh if only I knew.

Ok I'll stop discussing this since I can't win.
Are you saying I was right, or that there are more, longer-winded posters than me around? I'm a little confused...

Old 3rd April 2007, 04:58 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphappy
Allow me to jump on my soapbox for just a moment as I agree with smartguy3001.

Mystery Man, I won't flame you, but you are dead wrong.

There are still things to find, even in BK. I have some stuff that I will be posting in the near future, nothing earth shattering, but new and interesting. And that may lead to other new things. Everyone believed there were no new Sandcastle Codes in BK. I hacked them out in my own way and found one that was overlooked. This effort helped lead to disproving a belief we all had about being able to open TTC with a sandcastle code. Then Sub took a look and found that there were slots for 20 Special cutscene codes. Maybe not ever used, but there nonetheless. And he found that there was a function to refill your health in a gap in the codes. What other functions are in those gaps? We don't know, but whatever may be there is yet to be discovered.

So you see, if there are still things in BK, what do you think about the much harder to hack BT?

Let's all, I'll get down now.
I'll accept that there may be unused material in BK or BT, but what I meant by that, and stated in my original post, is that most of this probably won't revive any functionality. The last big find was Bottles Revenge, but we still don't know if a trigger even exists in game without GS. And while there may be something left to find, it's beyond the grasp of the elite hackers here including HP, CBM, Ice Mario, SubDrag and you, so encouraging the amateur hackers is pointless until perhaps the school of hacking is up and running.

Why don't girls ever notice me?

Old 3rd April 2007, 05:12 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyjr
Are you saying I was right, or that there are more, longer-winded posters than me around? I'm a little confused...
Your opinion was correct, it's just the way you said it was a bit sloppy.

Old 3rd April 2007, 05:18 AM
Jinjo

Alright, yeah, then I agree.

Anyways, I think there's lots and lots of thing we don't know about in the game. To me, the best way to go about those new Sandcastle Triggers/Codes/whatever, is to get anyone with working BK's and N64's or the proper equipment for the game to start a new game and immediately activate all of the missing lines, then find as much already activated things as possible, make a list, then go one by one to find what change correlates with each code.

My guess is that most of them unlock moves for beta testing, but that's just a hunch.