Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 2nd April 2007, 06:24 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
That's OK, I'm loling just as hard at you

Also my favorite part is you're almost never around but you think you're so big.

Last edited by Bottles98; 2nd April 2007 at 06:27 PM.

Old 2nd April 2007, 06:30 PM
Glowbo

Don't you think you're overeacting just a little bit. I mean, come on it was just a joke and a pretty unbelievable one at that.

Old 2nd April 2007, 06:31 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
This could go on in a never ending cylce of "No i'm loling harder than u!" so I'll just say it: Yes, you are loling harder than me/as hard at me. Have fun with that. Have a cookie even.

I'm so big? What? When have I ever posted something that gave you that idea?

Old 2nd April 2007, 06:33 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberen
The only "April Fool" is the one who gets upset over being tricked.
Very true that. People take things on the internet and thing's that aren't real life way too seriously

If you're leaving because of this, all that shows is basically, you have no life, or rather, your life is games/internet.

It's a joke. Get over it. It not as if any of it matters or affects your life in any way. I was fooled at the start, and good for CBM. He managed to fool me, I say well done to him for that. Not that I'm leaving because I hate all you guys now or whatever.

People need to realise the difference between reality and video games/internet. It's kind of sad really

Old 2nd April 2007, 06:55 PM
Dingpot

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
People need to realise the difference between reality and video games/internet. It's kind of sad really
And that applies to CBM too, doesn't it?

AFP's are about having fun. If you were tricked, great, have a good laugh about it.

This hoax however was to teach people a lesson and I find that the disturbing part. CBM worked five months to teach the members here a lesson because he doesn't like what is posted at this site. The site should be how he wants it to be, only discoveries, no speculation. Talk about needing a life! Five months for God's sake... Five months. Please.

Old 2nd April 2007, 06:58 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Quoted from main site
Quote:
Cooboyman's recent remarkable hacking exploits, finding new eggs, the Conker beta map, all of that lot has been a rather large and well-planned hoax. While the RWP staff was in on the loop, we had thought it was a parting final hurrah, but it turned out to be more of a parting shot. In any case, for future reference, if there is such an important new find in the Banjo community, and neither Ice Mario nor myself (the frontrunners in Banjo hacking) comments on it, and that post reached 35,000 posts, it should set off some warning bells, right? And Rare would never put in brown eggs or grey eggs, they look awful and are in completely trivial spots, unlike in BK! If anything, the hoax has at least re-tapped the interest in hacking the old Banjo series, and has made us all want B3 very badly.

Old 2nd April 2007, 07:20 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
It's a joke. Get over it. It not as if any of it matters or affects your life in any way. I was fooled at the start, and good for CBM. He managed to fool me, I say well done to him for that. Not that I'm leaving because I hate all you guys now or whatever.
Really? I'm not talking about me at the moment, but Fox McBanjo said that he spent a lot of time helping CBM, let alone AvatarAang who had his "hacking talents wasted by being sent in the wrong direction for 3 months".

Quote:
Very true that. People take things on the internet and thing's that aren't real life way too seriously

If you're leaving because of this, all that shows is basically, you have no life, or rather, your life is games/internet.

Internet isn't a fake reality, it's a way to communicate with people over the world.
You know, I met (and most of the time talk with) my girlfriend through internet. My friends are in internet. I do decisions and discuss life and death in internet. You can say that internet isn't real, but it's still there, and so are the people.

Last edited by Taija; 2nd April 2007 at 07:30 PM.

Old 2nd April 2007, 07:21 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
...wow.

Old 2nd April 2007, 07:31 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taija
Internet isn't a fake reality, it's a way to communicate with people over the world.
You know, I met (and most of the time talk with) my girlfriend through internet. My friends are in internet. I do decisions and discuss life and death in internet. You can say that internet isn't real, but it's still there, and so are the people.
I think I might have been misunderstood.

What I was saying that these people that are over-reacting because of this joke are the ones going too far, because they are taking things too seriously.

I, and I'm sure most other people, use the internet as a way of communicating. With my friends, with my girlfriend, with people I don't know on this forum.

Talking with the people you know on the internet, that is real life because it can affect your life directly. Forums though, although it can (Hakey and xxx for example) it very rarely does. And this is one of the examples that it doesn't.

I was just making a general statement that people can be too uptight about jokes like these and shouldn't get too worked up over them. Although I admit I probably never said that in the clearest or best way possible.

I really don't want to get into arguments or debates over this though. So I'm sorry for anyone I offended with that last post or this one.

Old 2nd April 2007, 07:31 PM
Dingpot

The thing that gets me is, that with all the time that went into this, and other stuff, could have been time put into, recreating SNS....
Makeing a mod or something

Old 2nd April 2007, 07:37 PM
Glowbo

Coolboyman, you are my HERO!

This here is the exact reason I left RWP, too. And I am SOOO glad that you were able to leave with a bang!

- Jason

Old 2nd April 2007, 07:44 PM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Damn. I was thoroughly pwned by this. And here I was, beliving this whole thing from beginning to end. Meh. At least I still got my dignity.

I liked this prank, but I can easily say it wasn't as good as last years. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The person below me
If anything, I'm not upset. I'm just mad at all of you, and have little respect for you.
1) Don't ask why I'm not just making a sperate post for this, I'm just not.

2) That's what everyone said last year. Everyone was blindly following the admins into beliving LoG took over the whole forums. Then what? "lol, pwned. It's just Grey in a LoG costume!"

Last edited by repobanjo; 2nd April 2007 at 07:47 PM.

Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberen
Come on people, I thought it was funny.

The only "April Fool" is the one who gets upset over being tricked.
Haha, no. The recent jokes here (eggs and threeie screens) made me loose 97% of my respect for this site. I do, however, give more credit and respect to MikeHive for not dragging it out, bringing my hopes out, and then crash it and laugh in my face. He, unlike your evil group of fools, didn't being my hopes up, and said it was funny.

If anything, I'm not upset. I'm just mad at all of you, and have little respect for you.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAStranger
Coolboyman, you are my HERO!

This here is the exact reason I left RWP, too. And I am SOOO glad that you were able to leave with a bang!

- Jason
Woah Jason. Good to see ya again. Even if for just one post.

Old 2nd April 2007, 07:54 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Talking with the people you know on the internet, that is real life because it can affect your life directly. Forums though, although it can (Hakey and xxx for example) it very rarely does. And this is one of the examples that it doesn't.
Did you read what I edited in my last post? If you didn't:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I'm not talking about me at the moment, but Fox McBanjo said that he spent a lot of time helping CBM, let alone AvatarAang who had his "hacking talents wasted by being sent in the wrong direction for 3 months".
I'm not trying to get into argument either, just pointing out that some people really did something for this whole thing, hence it affected their lifes. It's a little like if you join in some project over the internet and it turns out to be a joke.