Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 3rd May 2007, 05:35 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
my 1st post was a bit on the 'i agree' side, but it was a theorie so i don't know why the hell bottles98 is making a really big deal about this.

it's not going to happen because of legal reasons and techniqle diffeculties but it could happen. but i also agree with the people that said that: 'why would rare make a link from there "fabulous" Xbox 360 with the late old N64'.

but if they did say they where going to reveal stop n swop, do they mean banjo threeie to a future fourie? (if there is going to be one) or are they going to SOMEHOW do what i said.

Old 3rd May 2007, 06:46 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taksteinfloyd
Still, bottles can shut his trap and stop calling people morons when he obviously has no technical insight. It's very easy to make a data transfer between two systems happen, all you need is some extra components which could theoretically be included with he game. For example, you could make a peripheral to insert in the N64's controller slot. Remember the Game Boy transfer Pak? They sure didn't plan the N64 to have that. They could easily make an XBOX 360 transfer pak the same way.
Still waiting for HOW they would go about doing this, you little smartass.

Old 3rd May 2007, 07:02 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98
Still waiting for HOW they would go about doing this, you little smartass.
I see someones in a good mood today. As soon as I become a game designer for the 360 I'll tell you. Still heres how I think it'd work. You use a link cable and connect it to the bottom of the game cartridge like the GS and plug it into the N64 system. The 360 would need an update to be able to do this downloadable from the internet. The cord would check the data to see if the eggs are in it than tell the 360 that they are on the cartridge resulting in having the eggs in BK3 and the eggs would still be in BK. BK would be untouched. BK3 would be the only one that'd change. That good enough? (and theres still no banana icon!)

Last edited by BanjoKazooieSNS; 3rd May 2007 at 07:05 PM.

Old 3rd May 2007, 07:42 PM
Brash Breegull

Random Award 
bet he will come back with a lame excuse

Old 3rd May 2007, 09:46 PM
Glowbo

Location: Trick-or-treating in a witch costume being chased by a bear
How would Rare possibly know that they should leave a connection to a dead Stop 'N' Swop across to an unbelievably advanced system that would be 10 years and two generations ahead of their time and that was made by a company that didn't even make game systems at the time? It's impossible. Period. (.)

Old 3rd May 2007, 10:06 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phluid
How would Rare possibly know that they should leave a connection to a dead Stop 'N' Swop across to an unbelievably advanced system that would be 10 years and two generations ahead of their time and that was made by a company that didn't even make game systems at the time? It's impossible. Period. (.)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 3rd May 2007, 10:20 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoKazooieSNS
I see someones in a good mood today. As soon as I become a game designer for the 360 I'll tell you. Still heres how I think it'd work. You use a link cable and connect it to the bottom of the game cartridge like the GS and plug it into the N64 system. The 360 would need an update to be able to do this downloadable from the internet. The cord would check the data to see if the eggs are in it than tell the 360 that they are on the cartridge resulting in having the eggs in BK3 and the eggs would still be in BK. BK would be untouched. BK3 would be the only one that'd change. That good enough? (and theres still no banana icon!)
Epic fail.
Only alliteration can save us now!

EDIT: yeah ok, I got your point, so it is possible. But there's no way in hell that's ever gonna happen.

Last edited by LaorBR; 3rd May 2007 at 10:22 PM.

Old 3rd May 2007, 10:26 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Also, why would you plug the cable into the cartridge and then into the N64?

Old 3rd May 2007, 10:33 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
ok, lets put all the they wont do it stuff beside, and state if it's possible for it to even happen. The answer is YES. It would require microsoft working together with nintendo and rare wich would never happen(especially nintendo) but lets put that aside. What this update would do, is allow the xbox 360 to read the information stored in the N64 expansion pack of the n64, after linking a cable into the bottom of the N64. (Thats assuming BK even writes data to the expansion pak). Next it would then take that data (which would consist of flags(triggers)) and then convert them into a readable format on the xbox360. Then they would activate something in B3. So thats my summary of how it would work. But I doubt nintendo would get together with rare or microsoft. Technically its possible though.

[edit]Oh, and according to the patent those flags would only be written if you activated an sns sequence in game. Plus you would have to turn the power off on the n64 and complete the process in 30 secs for it to work.

Last edited by runehero123; 3rd May 2007 at 10:35 PM.

Old 3rd May 2007, 10:55 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Also, why would you plug the cable into the cartridge and then into the N64?
Banjo Kazooie doens't Write data to anything else that I know so the best thing would be to check the cartridge. No Bk data goes to the controller or something like that. But if you beleive Rare Jonathon than it would be able to connect on the bottom of the console.

And let me clear one thing up. If the cord connects to the cartridge to check data, it has no effect on BK and wouldn't be taking data from it. It'd ownly check the cartridge to see what eggs it has and Rare wouldn't have had to plan ahead for it. I know this is never going to happen but I'm saying it's possible to do it.

Old 4th May 2007, 12:36 AM
Clanker

Quote:
But if you beleive Rare Jonathon than it would be able to connect on the bottom of the console.
*slaps head* Don't be a plank. If that guy works for Rare then I'm Noel Edmonds.

The XBox 360 is NOT EVER, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, going to connect to the N64. Nor did anyone ever SAY IT WAS GOING TO. Except YOU.

bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive
bthive.co.uk/forums/ :: BT Hive Forums

Old 4th May 2007, 12:43 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHive
*slaps head* Don't be a plank. If that guy works for Rare then I'm Noel Edmonds.

XBox 360 is NOT EVER, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, going to connect to the N64. Nor did anyone ever SAY IT WAS GOING TO. Except YOU.
My argument isn't whether it is going to, it's whether it can. And I'm not saying I beleive Rare Jonathon I'm just saying if he was right or something. Plus I don't think it will connect to the N64. I think it's possible.

EDIT: Fix'd punctuation

Last edited by BanjoKazooieSNS; 4th May 2007 at 02:58 AM.

Old 4th May 2007, 01:19 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Um...actually, glitchman's originally intended question was whether it WILL or not.

pwnt.

Old 4th May 2007, 02:59 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

RWP Donator 
Quote:
My argument isn't whether it is going to, it's whether it can. And I'm not saying I beleive Rare Jonathon I'm just saying if he was right or something. Plus I don't think it will connect to the N64. I think it's possible.
Quote:
Um...actually, glitchman's originally intended question was whether it WILL or not.

pwnt.
PWN'D! Wheres my money?! And my new Corvette!

Old 4th May 2007, 11:23 AM
Clanker

Quote:
My argument isn't whether it is going to, it's whether it can.
It cannot, for a number of non-technical common-sense reasons as outlined throughout this very thread.

bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive
bthive.co.uk/forums/ :: BT Hive Forums