Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 13th June 2017, 05:25 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Been "playing" Fate/Stay Night, a VN and the main entry in a long running series notable for letting you **** Saber. The school stuff at the beginning was pretty boring, but it starts picking up when a man crashes through your house after you botched what could easily have been mistaken for a Satan summoning ritual. As it turns out, this series is kind of like digimon or something, but instead of a monster, you just sort of a get a dude who will fight for you, which means it's also less weird to have sex with them.

Edit: Oh, okay. Yeah, it's like digimon but your digibro is a historical figure who you can have sex with.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 13th June 2017 at 07:28 AM.

Old 13th June 2017, 02:10 PM
Jinjo

Played through the short demo-ish version of "Baba is You".
It's a puzzle game where you typically solve the puzzle by changing the rules. The rules for each stage are written using sliding tiles. Walls only stop you if tiles spell out "wall is stop" someplace, as an example. It's a brilliant mechanic.

Old 16th June 2017, 07:00 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

I have determined that, thus far, the best character is your goofy teacher

Last edited by Solid Snix; 16th June 2017 at 08:25 AM.

Old 17th June 2017, 05:54 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Pokemon Blue
4.5/5
I know nobody has ever heard of this hidden gem of a game, but bear with me. I recommend you play it! The mechanics are solid (evolution, combat, even the leveling system is really nice!) Aside from a few little annoying glitches, this game is a masterpiece. I'm doing that hand gesture that Italian chefs do after they taste their food, where they kiss their fingers and blow it to the sky or whatever the **** they're doing idk.

Old 17th June 2017, 02:08 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I recently finished Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I enjoyed both for very different reasons. Klonoa was a 2d platformer with a simple gimmick, picking up enemies and either throwing them or using them to jump in the air. While these are the only abilities the player has throughout the entire game, the game uses them for some tricky platforming at points. The game wasn't overly difficult though.

Hotel Dusk however was less focused on game play and more on story. Kyle Hyde's quest to find his missing friend was a thrilling story filled with intrigue and interesting characters. The game was more of a novel, honestly. I'd say the majority of it was nothing but text. Still, I think it is definitely worth giving it a shot though. The story was that good.

Old 18th June 2017, 08:17 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

every time you get a bad end in Fate/Stay Night, you have the option attending the Taiga Dojo, where you are chastised for being a moron and are given a hint on how not to **** up.

Old 19th June 2017, 03:06 AM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Modded my PS2, recommend me some hidden gems. Been playing some classics like Battle for Bikini Bottom, Megaman X8, Dark Cloud, Magic Pengel and stuff.

Old 19th June 2017, 03:47 AM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Modded my PS2, recommend me some hidden gems. Been playing some classics like Battle for Bikini Bottom, Megaman X8, Dark Cloud, Magic Pengel and stuff.
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie

I only ever played the demo for it years ago, but I remember really enjoying it. Still never got around to actually buying the game.

Old 19th June 2017, 04:11 AM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthConker View Post
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie

I only ever played the demo for it years ago, but I remember really enjoying it. Still never got around to actually buying the game.
Good taste dude! Got VERY far on that game years ago and lost my memory card. It's been long enough where I've forgotten ALL of it so that's a good recommendation! I'll nab that now.

Old 20th June 2017, 08:28 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

So now that I have the status page, I can definitely say that Fate/Stay Night is kind of like Jojo, except your stand is a dude from history or mythology.

So basically Fate/Stay Night is like Persona except your Servant isn't a manifestation of your psyche.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 20th June 2017 at 06:51 PM.

Old 20th June 2017, 08:28 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Also you can have sex with it.

Old 20th June 2017, 01:18 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Metal Slug X is a game where you eat twelve live pigs and then blow up a tank by stabbing it with a fork. I think it's pretty good.

Old 25th June 2017, 04:04 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

So I thought Fate/Stay Night was gonna pull off a thing where this girl who's staying with you invites you in and WHOOPS she's changing or some shit but she doesn't care while your character gets flustered as shit.

But when the door finally opens

Spoiler:
Are you really sure? Yes, I'm sure Clicking this link will show a major spoiler. Don't do it if you don't want to know! Show Me!

Uh...

EXCUSE ME!?

Old 25th June 2017, 04:13 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Herorin

so this is the "magic" she's going to teach Shirou.

Old 29th June 2017, 03:23 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Fate: Grand Order came out on android and IOS the other day and I've been spending a ton of time in it. It's a gacha, but it's actually really fun, and the game is playable even with 2 and 3 star servants. To demonstrate, lemme go into my current team:

First I got Cu Chulainn, a 3 star Lancer with insane survivability. He's got a skill that will revive him from death for five turns, plus a skill that lets him evade hits for three. You can cast his revive spell, then the dodge spell when it runs out, then the revive spell again. I use him to farm critical stars (which you use to increase your critical hit chance,) and build up his NP, (which lets him unleash his noble phantasm attack that'll just insta-kill an enemy.)

Next I've got Hans Anderson, a two star caster who you can easily pull from the daily gacha. His noble phantasm has a chance of buffing the defense and attack of all allies, plus regenerating a thousand hp for all allies for a few turns. I've equipped a craft essence to him that puts his NP meter at 30%, farm NP points, and unleash his Noble Phantasm shortly into the fight. And once it's run out, he's close to unleashing it again.

The third and final slot in the active party is a friend slot, meaning you pull a servant from other players to aid your fight. So I just pull in Heracules, a berserker, and watch him just deal raw damage to the enemy.

This game's a lot deeper than it initially seems, and it's moreso about the team composition you put out than how powerful a single servant is. I've got a strong-ass Emiya, who's a four star archer, and he is a solid unit, but he also doesn't synergize well with others, and I don't think his damage output is high enough to make him the focus of the party.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 29th June 2017 at 03:52 AM.

User Tag List