Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 4th May 2009, 01:31 AM
Glowbo

I got some good ones, the Kazoomerang, use Kazooie as a cutting boomerang ( kind of like the 3d Zelda games. ) Use Kazooie to cut ropes and other objects. The Upper Peck, like an upper cut, except with Kazooie's beak spinning vertically up. Water Eggs - bring plants to life and dampen objects, maybe even rust metal enemies. The Shock Eggs, kind of like the battery eggs from Grunty's Revenge. The earthquake eggs - do I need to explain more than it's title? Twirl role - a spoof of Barrel role from Star Fox ,while flying you do a 360 spin that reflects projectiles. The Kazooie Crowbar- Use Kazooie to open shut tight lids and maybe lift objects. And finally the egg charger, where you can charge the speed and power of any egg before shooting it, then releasing it. I hope you like my fanatic ideas. And also all of the classic moves from Kazooie and Tooie.

Last edited by SpongicX; 4th May 2009 at 01:47 AM.

Old 4th May 2009, 01:36 AM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
EDIT: NVM IT WOULDN'T WORK!!

D:

Old 4th May 2009, 01:40 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjoesusxx View Post
One thing I think about Banjo Threeie, if it's done, is that the moveset should be reduced back to what's generally required, things like the talon trot, flying, double jump. And all the moves should be brand new or variations of previous moves, so that the controller isn't cluttered with too many moves right off the bat.

I think it'd be annoying to have all those moves from the start, especially because It'd be hard to map new moves if the buttons are all taken.
This sounds like a better idea. I would love to see the chainsaw move from the teaser trailer, though. But the FPS segments should stay in no matter what. 98.9% of all 360 owners are FPS fanatics, and the game would sell a bit better than NaB if it came back, although regular platforming should still be the name of the game. As for a new move idea of my own, I'll have to get back to you guys on that.

Old 4th May 2009, 02:19 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
I'd like to see less moves in the next game, but more accesability. For example, keep all of the moves from Banjo-Kazooie and most of the basic ones from Tooie (Such as climbing, bird-handling, detatching Banjo and Kazooie, etc), as well as create some new moves, but expand upon them and make them more accesable. For example, instead of first person egg-shooting being restricted to certain levels, going in first person automatically bring you into bird-handling mode. Flying and spring-shock jumping could be mapped to certain buttons instead of having to find pads for them, so instead of instantly knowing that you'll have to make a big jump by seeing a spring-shock pad, perhaps if you hold LT and RT and then press A you'd trigger the spring-shock jump. Things like that would make the game more accesable and fun I think.

Last edited by Solid SOAP; 4th May 2009 at 02:23 AM.

Old 4th May 2009, 12:20 PM
Glowbo

That might make the game too easy with anywhere spring-shock pads. As fun as it would be though, that's why they have Kazooie by herself, atleast there could be more warp pads or something.

Old 4th May 2009, 12:56 PM
Darth Dubzicus

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I don't know if any one said this already but
Kazooie Rapier
lol imagine a dual
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

Old 4th May 2009, 02:00 PM
Thread of the Year '10-'11

Total Awards: 22
You're Appreciated! Archery 2000 Trophy Puzzle Six Puzzle Five Mystery Four 
Well, there will be 2 new sets of shoes, that seems to be a pattern, probably some that can pass you through walls, or make you ridiculously heavy (such as iron boots) for walking under water, that seems perfectly logical. as for other moves, banjo could use some speed, maybe a way for him to move faster, like how he can use running shoes? heh, more airial stuff would be cool too, beak bomb being the only 1, after all, underwater got talon torpedo now . probably more eggs lol.. maybe more FPS stuff, instead of just beak bayonet (like that lock pick idea), also new area acessing moves since those are what make levels more advanced to get to (things like talon torpedo needed to get to wasteland) so it would be like mining maybe? perhaps that iron boots idea again.

I kinda like the iron boots plan . totally stolen from zelda i know.

Old 4th May 2009, 07:17 PM
Jinjo

I actually thought the key and drill moves were gonna be in BK '3'. But yh i want the key and drill moves