Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 7th May 2009, 12:43 AM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
regardless, I still think, since NaB was a continuation of the main story, that it's plot should be considered canon, nothing in its plot stated it being an alternate timeline, nor did anything in it contradict anything from the previous games.

While it shouldn't be considered a sequel, and should be considered a spin off game, there is no reason why it's plot can't be considered canon.

Old 7th May 2009, 01:08 AM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMoNoCrAt View Post
This.

N&B is to BanjoKazooie as Crash Tag-Team Racing is to Crash Bandicoot.

For those of you who haven't played it, it was a essentially a Kart Racer. However, in the single player mode, dumbed-down classic Crash platforming was required to unlock new circuits, arenas, etc. It wasn't much like the originals, but it was in there. The main focus of the game, though, was Kart Racing.

Calling N&B a canon BK sequel is like calling Crash ****ing Racing a canon Crash Bandicoot game.
Yeah just because it has a storyline that clearly points at NaB being a sequel does not mean it's an actual sequel.

Old 7th May 2009, 03:09 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Hey wait a second...at the end of Tooie it still says I'll be back in Banjo-Threeie. You guys know Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is in the Tower of Tragedy quiz now. So, why would they let the title Banjo-Threeie at the end instead of NaB?

Old 7th May 2009, 03:27 AM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
Cuz Rare didn't wanted to change it? That proves nothing, anyway is stupid to discuss if NaB is a sequel or not.

Old 7th May 2009, 04:30 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMoNoCrAt View Post
This.

N&B is to BanjoKazooie as Crash Tag-Team Racing is to Crash Bandicoot.

For those of you who haven't played it, it was a essentially a Kart Racer. However, in the single player mode, dumbed-down classic Crash platforming was required to unlock new circuits, arenas, etc. It wasn't much like the originals, but it was in there. The main focus of the game, though, was Kart Racing.

Calling N&B a canon BK sequel is like calling Crash ****ing Racing a canon Crash Bandicoot game.
Except for the fact that Rare specifically stated that N&B was canon, and that the game clearly continues the story that ended with Tooie? It's canon whether you like it or not.

Old 7th May 2009, 04:17 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid SOAP View Post
Except for the fact that Rare specifically stated that N&B was canon, and that the game clearly continues the story that ended with Tooie? It's canon whether you like it or not.
This exactly, while a Banjo-Threeie can come out and still be considered the third main entry, with Nuts and Bolts being a spin-off, it was a spin-off that is considered canon as far as the plot is concerned.